How many hours have you put into the game

The Daddy

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
The game somehow grips me more than Skyrim....

That's because Oblivion has so much more that is memorable compared to Skyrim. Look at the characters for a start... It's been over a year since I've last played Oblivion, and yet I can rattle off a load of main characters who actually had personality, as opposed to Skyrim (last played a week or so ago) to which I can barely name three... You had Martin, the humble servant of god who was plucked from simple life to become the saviour of all the land, Jauffre, the kind hearted monk who is actually the grandmaster of the Blades, Patrick Stewart... erm, I mean Uriel Septim, the guy who is barely even in the game, and yet leaves a lasting mark on you through the whole game... the list just goes on and on... even the guy in the prison cell across from you at the start sticks in my mind more than most in Skyrim.

Skyrim? Some guy who killed the king, and a number of other supporting cast. I appreciate that the story is ultimately about you, but the same was true in Oblivion, and they still managed to weave rich characters into it. Skyrim feels like more quantity than quality, they decided to pack as much as possible into the game and thought less on how each little item impacts the rest.

The only real memorable character for me is one who is just an easter egg... M'aiq The Liar. He had a more memorable personality than anyone else in the whole of Skyrim... although that might just be because I'm also remembering him from Oblivion.

Yes, some of the set pieces are nice, like when you fight a dragon for the first time, yet the aftermath completely kills it for me. Everyone stands around as though not much has happened, and the odd character here and there makes some inane comment about shouting.

Hey! Guys! I just killed a freaking dragon. Little respect, maybe? Little interest perhaps? No? Fine, I'll let you get eaten next time, see how you care then.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...