Achievement Guide

aPerfektFIaw

So for the This is annex achievement you don't need to get to 180 points each round? You can just get two objectives for 120 points? However you still have to play 3 round matches correct? I was under the impression that you had to get 3+ objectives in each separate round? Are you sure on this Ace?

Yes in a match. Just read the description.

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this might sound like a dumb question... how do i do this guest sh**? can someone walk me through this, i made a new gamertag but it doesnt have XBL how do i do the matches

{EDIT} i dont think these can be done in local anymore, i downloaded the maps today, and when i put in my game disk there was a patch that was applied.

I did 2 games, one of 19 and one of 5 i figured i could kill 2 birds with one stone and get inconcieveable and newb pwner in the same 2 games and nothing happend.... was it the patch?

this might sound like a dumb question... how do i do this guest sh**? can someone walk me through this, i made a new gamertag but it doesnt have XBL how do i do the matches

The patch was the update that came with the new achievements. The one they have every few months. ;)

Just press Y on the main menu, sign your second controller in as your guest. Them host a private player match put your guest on the oposite team and do the achievements.

:)

Advice for the 20 wins on a lv host a game on the map needed on any exicution and have a friend join with a guest contoler signed in. then have him on your team guest on other so you go to host options when the game starts kick the guest (all it does is kill him). rinse and repeat You can also have your firend host the game and u join his team therefore you dont need to do anything but wait

Advice for the 20 wins on a lv host a game on the map needed on any exicution and have a friend join with a guest contoler signed in. then have him on your team guest on other so you go to host options when the game starts kick the guest (all it does is kill him). rinse and repeat You can also have your firend host the game and u join his team therefore you dont need to do anything but wait

whats the point of 3 people? why not just you and the guest?

and i still cant figure this guest shit out, do i have to turn it on in options or somthin :confused: i feel like a tard

Yeah but he did 51 ranked ones too. Unless he did those before the new achievements came out. They don't count unless they were done after the achievements came out.

yes u have to have done the games before the achievements came out or else u dont get the achievement

I just got the achievement late, I hadn't played any annex matches before the achievements came out. I got it at 117 or something close to that, I played a bunch of local and I just wasn't getting the achievement, and then i went in and played one more ranked and got the achievements.

I have had several messages sent to me regarding THIS!IS!ANNEX! achievement and the way I did it so I will explain everything in as much detail as I can right here for everyone.

Before the new achievements, I had NEVER played annex. I thought at first, the win 20 on every map had to be done in annex so i figured I would just played ranked annex on the new maps to work toward two achievements at once. I got the Garden achievement and half of subway like this (about 30 total ranked matches of Annex), and then someone told me the achievements could be unlocked through player matches and I figured I would test my luck with local matches as well. I unlocked the rest of the 20 wins on each map through local warzone matches and then moved onto local annex matches. In the local I played a guest 1 v 1, 3 rounds, Annex, 120 score to win (2 caps per round 6 total in the match) on Gridlock, default weapon settings. I kept a tally to know how many Annex matches I did in local because it does not keep track for you. I did about 50 (50 local + 30 ranked = 80 total). I got tired of doing that so I got my brother to finish it for me. I told him to keep tally and he has never played gears before, and probably messed up the tally because 1. he never has played gears and didn't know when the match ended and not the round 2. just isn't very smart... 3. he was watching cartoons while doing it and got distracted. I assumed since he got to over 100 (according to his tally) that it didn't work in local even though the other achievements did, so I played one ranked match and the ahcievement unlocked. HOPE THIS HELPS GOOD LUCK

LONG STORY SHORT = THIS!IS!ANNEX! unlocked through LOCAL MATCHES

i am still fixing plz dont i want mine to be first and ur jus gnna steal my info

Maybe you guys could just combine the guides and help each other out?

I admit you posted first but it was confusing as shit. Some questions were quickly cleared up in the 2nd posting. Not hassling you because you actually took the time to write it up; but still I think it would be beneficial to work together.

I think that' sthe problem with alot of guides around here; one person does it and then it never gets edited again even if someone has a clarifying point to add.