Achievement Discussion

Krazie

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, So I've heard the career achievements are stackable. That's awesome. Maybe someone who already has the game can answer my question: You unlock special guitars for beating career on easy, medium, hard, and expert. Assuming I only beat expert that should unlock all four of the achievements for beating career. But there is also an achievement for buying all the guitars. Since some of the guitars are unlocked by beating easy, medium, and hard career, wouldn't you have to beat those difficulties so you could unlock the guitars to buy them? I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, but if this is the case, making the achievements stackable doesn't really help anyone going for the 1000 in this game.

Okay, So I've heard the career achievements are stackable. That's awesome. Maybe someone who already has the game can answer my question: You unlock special guitars for beating career on easy, medium, hard, and expert. Assuming I only beat expert that should unlock all four of the achievements for beating career. But there is also an achievement for buying all the guitars. Since some of the guitars are unlocked by beating easy, medium, and hard career, wouldn't you have to beat those difficulties so you could unlock the guitars to buy them? I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade, but if this is the case, making the achievements stackable doesn't really help anyone going for the 1000 in this game.

When I completed Medium I got 2 guitars but when I later went through Easy I also got 2 guitars which means that the guitars only unlock when you complete each difficulty separately not just Expert. Kinda sucks.

When I completed Medium I got 2 guitars but when I later went through Easy I also got 2 guitars which means that the guitars only unlock when you complete each difficulty separately not just Expert. Kinda sucks.

Yeah you probably got 2 guitars because you 5* every song. Fuck this sucks, hopefully the unlockable guitars don't count with the 'buy everything from the shop' achievement.

SPOILER!

Eat The Rich.

$50,000 total earned and you DO NOT HAVE TO SAVE IT. Spend as you earn.

Walk This Way.

If you're strapped for cash to spend at "The Vault" store, keep in mind you can purchase DMC (once you unlock him) for $15,000 and the achievement unlocks immediately. Don't back out of "The Vault" store. Just turn off the console and use your 15K for other goods and you still have this achievement already unlocked. (Note: You have to purchase DMC legit to get the Kings And Queens achievement eventually anyway.)

Big Ten Inch Record.

Same Old Song And Dance.

You can save $4,000 and purchase all the songs and the achievement unlocks immediately and then turn off your console again, and you will have saved the $$ and kept the achievement, but you have to play them all anyway for "Same Old Song and Dance" achievement. Just FYI.

Make It.

Movin' Out.

Rock In A Hard Place.

Dream On.

These difficulty achievements are stackable. Beat Expert and you get them all.

Crazy.

I got this achievement on "Rats In The Cellar" medium.

-There are a total of only 31 songs on the single player campaign. One being a guitar battle. The bonus tracks are long and the Joe Perry battle is tough.

-When you beat the game, during the end credits you get to play "Kings And Queens, Aerosmith, 1977" and you unlock it for your "The Vault" playlist.

Edited by E vee dub

Yeah i got it. It wasn't too bad. Obviously you have to play expert. The best way to do it that i found out was to make sure you use your star power wisely. Make sure you have a decent amount when the song speeds up and you have to hit the 2 note chords in succession. Use it then and you will gain a lot of points.

Edited by poolplaya333
Made a mistake in the post

i played one song on expert and failed at 98% on purpose and didnt get the fail past 95% achievement.......hopefully it will unlock the next time i do it. anyine else had this problem? .

It sounds like you're trying to get the Fallen Angels achievement, which is only possible in a co-op song. Try it then and it should unlock. It did for me.

It sounds like you're trying to get the Fallen Angels achievement, which is only possible in a co-op song. Try it then and it should unlock. It did for me.

yeah i realized that. i guess i was just scanning the "cheeves" and assumed it was like gh3. fail past 90% in solo. or 95% whatever. i know now that its in coop mode....

anyone else irritated on how much cash it takes to get all the guitars and characters?