Good place to lockpick

E11I077H

Just obtained the skeleton key, and i do not want to return it yet ;), because i foresee see it as an epic leveling tool. However, are the certain areas prone for locks or a certain door which beholds great value.

I've been to northwatch keep, and opened all the master doors at the end. but i really want to find a more demanding lock with more exp. because i want to reach 100 first.

Thanks in advance guys

Yeah i got quite a few bonus with different sets of armour pieces together. But while i got the safeguard of the skeleton key taking on an expert lock, i just wanted to know if there are places notoriously known for having good prizes hidden behind master locked doors.

But thanks anyway, but that is what i did for some time, except now i got 100% success ;)

Yeah i got quite a few bonus with different sets of armour pieces together. But while i got the safeguard of the skeleton key taking on an expert lock, i just wanted to know if there are places notoriously known for having good prizes hidden behind master locked doors.

But thanks anyway, but that is what i did for some time, except now i got 100% success ;)

With the glitched enchantment you have a 100% success lockpicking as well. The sweet spot for the lock is the entire range of motion instead of the skeleton key that simply does not break. Pickpocketing has success caps so it isn't as useful but if you're making thief gloves go big right?

There is a room in thiefs guild with 4-5 chests that you can practice on , they will auto lock up again after a time,

Also I never pickup any keys while in caves, I Check for a locked door and try to pick it. If it requires a key I go back to the body/chest and pick it up

Or if you have follower give it them to hold and if you do need it take it away.

I also pick all locks even if empty cage or door what ever.

I plan to keep the Skeleton key for as longs as I can.

After you have over 99+ picks I don't think you need skeleton key anymore, so you can complete the quest.

Not sure if it allows increase of Lockpicking the same was as a fail when a pick breaks. Every time you fail with a pick and it breaks the skill goes up a bit. Have not noticed it with the skeleton key. However my lock pick is very high already.

Master locks are about 5 tries or less if start point is found ASAP.

Also make use of the scratch marks on lock.

Edited by ecto69

• 1 month later...
The Dwemer Museum in the city of stone (Can't remember how to spell the name), has like 30 locks. Just don't get caught, might need to pick pocket the key from the keep's mage.

awesome place to do that,if you sneak and pick locks at same time.