Can Anyone Resolve This?

BenWo

Ok... I am nearly at the point of suicide over this so please here me out...

If anyone can shed any light on what the hell is wrong with this then you are a god! I have literally posted this everywhere... Xbox forums, gaming forums.. Even on the game itself on this forum.. I even phoned Xbox Live Support (We all know how helpful they are) and they had no idea...

My problem is this..

I downloaded "Shinobi" on Xbox Live and was looking forward to another nice easy 200Gs...

However... There is one Devil's Spawn of an Achievement that simply WILL NOT UNLOCK no matter what i try...

The Achievement is...

Often Say Die - 25G

(Play Through 20 Player Deaths With Difficulty Set To Hardest)

ok.. That is pretty much incredibly simple and not possible to get wrong.. Its not exactly misleading..

I have done this at least 50 times and it still will not unlock...

A) Yes i am sure that the difficulty is on "Hardest"

B) Yes i have tried deleting the game from my hard drive and reinstalling

C) Yes i have recovered my gamer tag and then attempted the Achievement

D) Yes i have asked other Live Users who have the Achievement and they just say do what it tells you and they got it without problem

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME!

Does anyone have this problem or something similar on another game abd knows how to resolve it??

P.S. Xbox Live Support didnt even know what Shinobi was!!!! Great staff they have there...

Edited by BenWo

Whoa. Suicide over GS. Nice.

Be patient, the game came out just 20 days ago. My suggestion is, especially if you know you're doing it right, just play something else for a few weeks, and check to see. If it's a glitch, then you won't be the only one complaining. You already posted in the Shinobi forums...just keep checking back at it, but don't stress yourself on it...you'll eventually get it.

Whoa. Suicide over GS. Nice.

Be patient, the game came out just 20 days ago. My suggestion is, especially if you know you're doing it right, just play something else for a few weeks, and check to see. If it's a glitch, then you won't be the only one complaining. You already posted in the Shinobi forums...just keep checking back at it, but don't stress yourself on it...you'll eventually get it.

Lol i wasnt actually serious about suicide.. I was mearly stressing my emotions at the matter...

Even though what your saying may be true, what worries me is that other ppl have the achievement.. If there was a glitch surely it would effect everyone like the fallout DLC

If there was a glitch surely it would effect everyone like the fallout DLC

Not necessarily. If a game is a bit glitchy, you won't always come across a glitch. Often, the conditions have to be just right to make it happen. Maybe the game is just a little glitchy, and you got lucky and found the glitch! :p

You may have done this and just forgot to list the step but did you clear the cache of your Xbox 360? I've found that doing so helps much more than people think it may.

To do so:

Go to the system blade and then select memory.

Press Y on the HD symbol and then press X,X,Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X. Once you do this a messsage will appear saying: Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?

See if that works. Like I said, it's helped fix a lot of glitchy things that I've encountered with the console.

I dunno if it's glitched or not, I managed to get it, I just didn't fuck with any of the options out side of how many lives I had, set it to max, died, and I can't remembetr if I continued or quit, I think it gives a continue option. Lather, rinse, repeat. Good luck getting it, hope it works for you.

You may have done this and just forgot to list the step but did you clear the cache of your Xbox 360? I've found that doing so helps much more than people think it may.

To do so:

Go to the system blade and then select memory.

Press Y on the HD symbol and then press X,X,Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X. Once you do this a messsage will appear saying: Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?

See if that works. Like I said, it's helped fix a lot of glitchy things that I've encountered with the console.

You don't think this will help me out with my problems with the disc drive, do you?? haha

Edited by ApochWeiss

Prince of Persia's Hunter glitch made me sad. It was such a huge gamebreaker, luckily it only scrapped about 5 hours of gameplay, could have been a load more!

TBH your best bet would be to take care of the thread you already put up in the game forums, chances are you're not the only person with the glitch. Or if you are, others will soon be working on a fix.

Well, this isn't glitched, but I've had incredible trouble unlocking the Perfect Bonus achievement in Galaga. I literally played Galaga for about 6 hours trying for that achievement, and one of the little bastards escaped on 13 different occasions. I have yet to unlock it because I thought it wasn't worth it. I know where you've been with those kind of achievements bro :p

As for the Shinobi achievement itself, I have no idea. Good luck.

Almost killed myself over DIG-DUG trying to get the DIG achievement well i'm never going to try again it just manged to piss me off REALLY bad.
I finally got it yesterday after like six months of getting REALLY REALLY PISSED. There's a youtube video somewhere that might help a lot. Try doing the screen one half at a time and leave two trapped as long as possible, that way if you die the bastards will be trapped again for a bit

• 4 weeks later...