Bitching Thread

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright so, I've finally completed the disc version of the game.

Had absolutely no problem or glitch during any of the chapters, never had to start over or use my back-up save. Using an older 360, btw.

So either I was lucky or the people with glitches are just more vocal about this. Anyway, sucks for those who had glitches, but it's obviously not something that will undoubtedly happen, as I didn't experience anything aside from slowdown a few times.

I love, LOVE, point and click adventures. And Telltale games have been great at keeping them alive.

However, I've seen three brothers playing this game and while I will probably play it myself sometime, I think the point and click adventure aspect is almost completely gone. It's clunky looking and I feel they should've held onto the point and click feel that their Sam and Max and Back to the Future games had.

Hopefully, the story makes up for it, but I was hoping this would be more of a point and click adventure game.

.... but overall in my opinion this game is HIGHLY overrated.

I second this. I am on ep.4 and while the story is pretty good and characters believable, I can't agree with the constant praise. I really just see it as an adventure game that doesn't have silly objects to use. It makes sense, and I think that's what appeals to non-adventure game players.

The only weird thing that happened was some dialogue overlapping at the train area in episode three before Ken and Kat go to the woods.

Edited by m00nyoze

• 2 weeks later...

That kind of sucks, man. Luckly, I have not encountered any (*bad*) freezing or game-breaking glitches.

My only problem with the game is what some other people mentioned. The game tends to "hiccup" in places and the loading times are attrocious. Aside from that the only REAL complaint against the game is that the game is still relatively linear dispite the choices you make. When I first heard about this game, I thought it was going to be the video game version of those old "Choose Your Own Adventure" books I used to love when I was a kid.

Unfortunately, the game fell short of those expectations, but there is no denying that the characterization and tension was top notch.

As far as I am concerned, any game that can solicit an emotional attachement from the player is a good game. For $10, I think I got my money's worth.

-M

How this game got such praise I'll never understand. As a fan of Walking Dead and the Myst series, I came into this expecting to like it. I came away miserable. I'm on episode 5 now and I'm going to push through it to get the completion and to maybe find some redemption, but my heart sinks just thinking about it.

Issues:

1. Story - This story is awful. The characters are extremely flat and one-dimensional. You know exactly what they're going to do at any given time. If someone is bad, you know it. I have yet to find a single game-changing surprise (obviously you can't know exactly what's going to happen). Beyond the characters, there's barely any direction and the pacing is horrible as it takes forever to get anything done.

2. Gameplay - Remember in episode 4 when you had the compelling experience of taking a car battery out of the car? Or episode 2 when you managed to unscrew four screws? Truly worthy of praise. Lee moves slowly toward anything no matter the situation. You're often left with no direction at all on what to do (normal for an adventure game) but the solution is never clever and so it's not rewarding to solve the puzzle. I mean seriously...Just terrible.

3. Decisions - People complain about Mass Effect. This is basically the exact same thing. Nothing really seems to matter.

youre in the minority..maybe you went in expecting too much..

This is what I was going to say.

The game didn't blow my mind or anything, but I certainly enjoyed what I've played so far (the first two episodes). I try never to expect anything from a game because it's almost always disappointing when I do.

Then again, maybe my opinion will change once I get around to finishing the episodes.

Yes! I love Telltale games and love Walking Dead. I saw my brother playing this and was disappointed. Lost almost all interest. I may play it anyway just to get the completion and the story, but I think this is a lost opportunity.

Both brothers who played this told me they'd rate it lower than 6/10 and would not play it again. Also, they said the same thing: Decisions do not matter in the end.

Yes! I love Telltale games and love Walking Dead. I saw my brother playing this and was disappointed. Lost almost all interest. I may play it anyway just to get the completion and the story, but I think this is a lost opportunity.

Both brothers who played this told me they'd rate it lower than 6/10 and would not play it again. Also, they said the same thing: Decisions do not matter in the end.

I guess its call of duty or bust for some gamers...you need explosions and cheesy endings.

I'm inclined to agree with our Spaniard here...

It's not necessarily the ending remember, it's the journey to get there. So far played only episode one and the journey has me hooked.

The end is great and the journey getting there is even better! Who cares if they all end the same, everyones story is slightly different.

I finished the disc version of the game. Only problem I ever had was some hitching in one or two scenes. Also, the load times were long. I guess I should be thankful that was all I had to deal with. The gameplay was clunky and I can certainly empathize with the criticism it gets for that. However, I loved the story. Every time I had to stop playing it, I was anxious to get back to it. Any game that sticks with me long after I finished it is a winner in my book. Telltale just needs to learn to polish their product and they can do even greater things.

Great game, Loved it. One of the best I ever played definitely because of story and the unexpected happenings. I'll remember it for long time.

Oh and since I know it's a bitching thread so... my complain is that in the end our choices don't mean at all and that sucks since the game shows that everything matters big time and I didn't liked the way it ended, That's All

I'm inclined to agree with our Spaniard here...

It's not necessarily the ending remember, it's the journey to get there. So far played only episode one and the journey has me hooked.

Man it gets better....you just wait. I wound up playing episode 4 and 5 straight through. My only complaint is that I have to wait for the next game.

Man it gets better....you just wait. I wound up playing episode 4 and 5 straight through. My only complaint is that I have to wait for the next game.

I was like you... Saw that the first one was free got it played it and enjoyed it a lot. Then got all of them right away and just keep playing it. I really enjoyed the game and am excited for the next one...

I was like you... Saw that the first one was free got it played it and enjoyed it a lot. Then got all of them right away and just keep playing it. I really enjoyed the game and am excited for the next one...

Nice of TellTale to hook me with the first episode for free....that was marketing genius.

• 3 weeks later...

I loved every minute of this game. I only had one glitch throughout the whole thing, aside from small sound lags, or whatever. When I was on the train, it glitched and I couldn't advance so I reloaded that section and worked perfectly from then on.

Can't wait for the next installment!