Fallout 3 Players Dreaming Of Fallout 4

TheGuyWhoDoesStuff

Was going to make a thread similar to this but I found this thread.

I have been wanting a new Fallout since the third one really. I picked up Fallout NV on release day and was very disappointed with it for some reasons. I hope to see Fallout 4 kill off factions and return to the roots of 3.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We didn't get the announcement we wanted at E3, Gamescom or TGS. Myself and some friends have a small bet going on whether we'll see a Fallout 4 announcement at the Spike VGAs in December. It's whee Skyrim was announced, so another Bethesda announcement there should be in the cards.

I still play Fallout 3 and New Vegas every now and then. I also still use the Fallout 3 Premium Theme on my console, despite the fact you can barely see it for all of the ads on the console right now.

I have many mixed feelings about Bethesda.

They can create beautiful worlds but their writing is really bad. It is almost like most of their quests are paint by numbers and their lack of imagination. I can forgive bugs but not the writing element

Also I also don't like their so called professionalism and the way the treated old school hardcore fallout fans when Fallout 3 was announced. They blacklisted many fallout sites that was not agree with their vision, most noticeably rpgcodex who made damning review about Oblivion's faults.

A lot of people called rpgcodex as a website of harsh trolls that even slate their favorite developers like Obsidian but Obsidian still keep strong links to the rpgcodex community.Funny that!!

I personally don't think they understand that Fallout universe that well specially with their lack of choice and consequence. They even refused help from Tim Cain when developing FO3 (not sure if its true though).

Fallout 3 was ok but FNV was so much better in writing terms which i enjoyed the most. I remember in FNV their is an old man that talks to you and tells you his life story for a few mins, his ups and his lows and its not attached to any quest or anything. It just an old man telling you a story on how the wasteland treated him. Obsidian didnt really need to add this but it showed me how much they love writing characters and stories.

I got a feeling that FO4 will be like Michael Bay movie but i hoped not.

Anyway sorry for the long post and rambelings.

It may just be a preference, but I thought the Fallout 3 dialog was well written as well. Maybe not as detailed as NV, I can't remember because I only played that one once.

I never played the older fallouts so I cant comment on how Bethesda went about the transition

We didn't get the announcement we wanted at E3, Gamescom or TGS. Myself and some friends have a small bet going on whether we'll see a Fallout 4 announcement at the Spike VGAs in December. It's whee Skyrim was announced, so another Bethesda announcement there should be in the cards.

I still play Fallout 3 and New Vegas every now and then. I also still use the Fallout 3 Premium Theme on my console, despite the fact you can barely see it for all of the ads on the console right now.

Going off of Bethesda's history, I'd say either this or E3 2014. I'm still expecting a Autumn 2014 release, though. The math just works when you look at their past releases.

It may just be a preference, but I thought the Fallout 3 dialog was well written as well. Maybe not as detailed as NV, I can't remember because I only played that one once.

I never played the older fallouts so I cant comment on how Bethesda went about the transition

I haven't played FO3 in a while, but I thought most of the dialog was good. That 30 minute long conversation with the doctors in the beginning of OWB was some the best dialog I've ever seen, though! The original Fallouts had great dialog, too. Probably better than Fallout 3 and even New Vegas overall. I've never actually played them myself (shame on me), but watching walkthroughs on YouTube it's pretty obvious. Sgt. Dornan (referenced in New Vegas) in Fallout 2 is absolutely hilarious. You should look up his rant, there are lots of videos of it. :p

No.

Just no.

Sorry. Just.

No.

:p

Agree 100%. We have way too many of those types of games as it is, not to mention it really wouldn't work very well at all.

In regards to the previous two posts about dialog, I really like Three Dog in FO3. I know most people either love him or hate him, but I really thought he was cool.

Totally feel bad for getting my "Pickpocket a live grenade onto someone" achievement on Three Dog while he was sleeping though :p

For some reason everyone has fond memories of New Vegas, but so help me if 4 puts giant frigging walls of death in my way I'm not touching it. I recently fired it back up to go for missing achievements and found myself getting infuriated that I was stuck walking through the same paths again. Whoops, can't go right to New Vegas because of all the deadly things in my way...even though you'd think that'd be the easiest route. Can't go through Sloan either, lol deathclaws.

Fault Fallout 3 for what it was, but it didn't force you along a trail. If you knew where to go or stumbled on it, the game adapted to you. I want that more.

Fixed that for you, bud.

On topic, I LOVE FALLOUT and I can't wait for a new one using a newer engine. Creation Engine please! And by Bethesda please! Obsidian is fine by me, but I'd prefer Bethesda.

Countless amounts of fools love Bethesda because the lack of western RPG's available...nothing more. They stopped making good games beyond Morrowind. Not opinion fact, everything they have done since has been casualized. Why do you love Fallout? It has none of the elements that made the originals good and it's virtually a copy/paste job from Oblivion. Good stop before I go into another rant... but to those who think Bethesda are simply great...your opinions simply suck. lol

Countless amounts of fools love Bethesda because the lack of western RPG's available...nothing more. They stopped making good games beyond Morrowind. Not opinion fact, everything they have done since has been casualized. Why do you love Fallout? It has none of the elements that made the originals good and it's virtually a copy/paste job from Oblivion. Good stop before I go into another rant... but to those who think Bethesda are simply great...your opinions simply suck. lol

WHy are you in a fallout thread if you hate Bethseda lol. Like New Vegas or hate it Obsidion used the Fallout 3 engine cause they suck at making their own engines. I mean look at Alpha Protocal Lmao.

Id love A Fallout 4.

New Florida would work Biggs. I mean change of pace. We have been to blown up places and a murky swamp in Point Lookout Louisiana. But what about a post apocalyptic paradise ?

No not zombies,destroyed places Fallout style.

No Landmarks ? Have you ever been to Florida it's amazing. The Boardwalks,towns,restaurants

but you are never too far from wilderness. Alligators are always present and so are snakes.

This would fit Fallout great.

I really would love a New California though. It's the next logical step to go, we have been to Washington,Nevada,Louisiana,but what about the place that started it all.

Maybe an election on a new president of the state in Fallout 4.

NO MORE REVENGE STORYLINE. This was done in 3 and New Vegas I'd like a nice storyline thats different.

WHy are you in a fallout thread if you hate Bethseda lol. Like New Vegas or hate it Obsidion used the Fallout 3 engine cause they suck at making their own engines. I mean look at Alpha Protocal Lmao.

First...because it's a discussion board.

Second...because Fallout 1&2 are some of the best RPG's in existence but Bethesda destroyed what those games were by doing what they did with the series and I like voicing my opinions about it.

Finally...Although Obsidian has it's issues, New Vegas was a better Fallout game imo and Alpha Protocol was a good game even with the problems it had.

Edited by Gackt

First...because it's a discussion board.

Second...because Fallout 1&2 are some of the best RPG's in existence but Bethesda destroyed what those games were by doing what they did with the series and I like voicing my opinions about it.

Finally...Although Obsidian has it's issues, New Vegas was a better Fallout game imo and Alpha Protocol was a good game even with the problems it had.

TO THE GALLOWS!

But, out of sheer curiosity, why did you get 100% completion on Fallout 3 twice if you hated it so much. I loved Fallout 3, but once is enough, as with most games.

TO THE GALLOWS!

But, out of sheer curiosity, why did you get 100% completion on Fallout 3 twice if you hated it so much. I loved Fallout 3, but once is enough, as with most games.

There a very few games that I will actually play twice for achievements. Dark Souls and Fallout 3 have been top two. The reason I enjoyed playing Fallout 3 the second time on PC (as opposed to entering in codes to unlock everything) was being able to do things I couldn't do on console.

I thought it was fun flying around and moving at 120x speed while carrying 6000 stimpaks and one million mini nukes :D

TO THE GALLOWS!

Used to be addicted to achievements. PC version took 5 minutes to complete thanks to the console commands lol. Sent that to my GSL teammates, I forget which one of them got it last but I let him keep it.

Used to be addicted to achievements. PC version took 5 minutes to complete thanks to the console commands lol. Sent that to my GSL teammates, I forget which one of them got it last but I let him keep it.

Lol. I, unfortunately/fortunately (two-edged sword is what I'm trying to say), am turning into more and more of a completionist. I only got into achievement hunting a year or two ago, which is why my completion percent is 51% :/