Oh God the Visuals are so awful

SK L4xX

Daily reminder:

Everyone who says that the graphics suck or lacks details should consider that we are playing on 8 year old hardware. And it's pretty impressive if you ask me. I'm okay with slightly polished GTA IV graphics. To me a fluent gameplay with little to no lags is more important than better graphics and 5fps.

Totally agree. IV looks pretty damn good, and even looks decent today for a 5+ year old game. V graphics from what I've seen so far look hugely improved, and more realistic than ever. Don't understand what more people want.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Totally agree. IV looks pretty damn good, and even looks decent today for a 5+ year old game. V graphics from what I've seen so far look hugely improved, and more realistic than ever. Don't understand what more people want.

IV is pretty bad even for anything around its time, the PC version is no better either (playing it literally right now) with mods to update textures and even then. I'm not saying V is bad at all, from what i've seen it looks great but you are in a very small minority if you say IV looks good.

i agree though this is coming from 2005 hardware so calm down

If that was at me, PC hardware is not 2005 and the version for the PC took months to come out after, nothing was fixed though, textures were no better. I even stated that compared to things at the time (by which i implied other games on the same console, sorry figured that was obvious) it was bad.

I loved GTA IV, i am playing it as i write this, ok its paused right now but once i hit submit thats what im doing again. PC, with mods to improve textures and really not any huge great thing. Picked it up in the steam sale and as the acheivements apply to my gamertag, why not ;)

But saying its gfx at the time were good when there was alot better out is something different, i respect that its a big game and also open world but this simply was not the case, bugs, glitches were just to big. I'm an avid Elder Scrolls fan so i know how big things can get and i know how easy it si for bugs to get missed, this wasnt the case, this was simply framerate and gfx issues throughout most of it. It played fine so to speak, but drops and glitches were quite obvious. No game is perfect, but this had big issues at lauch, some were fixed in later patches, others not at all. Google it, ignore the muppets but there is legitimate responses that detail things that could of or should be fixed, alot still not fixed to this day.

If that was at me, PC hardware is not 2005 and the version for the PC took months to come out after, nothing was fixed though, textures were no better. I even stated that compared to things at the time (by which i implied other games on the same console, sorry figured that was obvious) it was bad.

I loved GTA IV, i am playing it as i write this, ok its paused right now but once i hit submit thats what im doing again. PC, with mods to improve textures and really not any huge great thing. Picked it up in the steam sale and as the acheivements apply to my gamertag, why not ;)

But saying its gfx at the time were good when there was alot better out is something different, i respect that its a big game and also open world but this simply was not the case, bugs, glitches were just to big. I'm an avid Elder Scrolls fan so i know how big things can get and i know how easy it si for bugs to get missed, this wasnt the case, this was simply framerate and gfx issues throughout most of it. It played fine so to speak, but drops and glitches were quite obvious. No game is perfect, but this had big issues at lauch, some were fixed in later patches, others not at all. Google it, ignore the muppets but there is legitimate responses that detail things that could of or should be fixed, alot still not fixed to this day.

You're saying the GTA IV looked the same as Xbox...?

Maybe if you were playing on low at 1024x769 reso.

Playing 4 at 1920x1080 Ultra and it looks grand spanking.

GTA 4 on xbox lagged like a motherfu****.

it wasnt directed at you, im saying that GTAV is running on 2005 xbox technology, shit

I just had to post here after reading people telling OP to shut up moaning etc yet they're moaning about him moaning hypocrites i tell ya and yea everyone calling everyone thieves yea because im sure EVERYONE who has it early must of downloaded it because NO ONE HAS THE ORIGINAL early hell ROckstar must of leaked the version online huh anyway

OP maybe the graphics look laggy because your lens(or who's ever lens) is having problems keeping up with loading the graphics? try installing 2nd disk to hard drive as well see if that plays any better (yes i know disk 1 installs to hdd) maybe let us know how that goes

btw i aint moaning about people moaning about people moaning :p

I just had to post here after reading people telling OP to shut up moaning etc yet they're moaning about him moaning hypocrites i tell ya and yea everyone calling everyone thieves yea because im sure EVERYONE who has it early must of downloaded it because NO ONE HAS THE ORIGINAL early hell ROckstar must of leaked the version online huh anyway

OP maybe the graphics look laggy because your lens(or who's ever lens) is having problems keeping up with loading the graphics? try installing 2nd disk to hard drive as well see if that plays any better (yes i know disk 1 installs to hdd) maybe let us know how that goes

btw i aint moaning about people moaning about people moaning :p

Rockstar said to only install Disc one and advises people not to install Disk 2. Just want to let people know.

Rockstar said to only install Disc one and advises people not to install Disk 2. Just want to let people know.

well thats gonna suck for me :( my lens is on its way out my solution normally is to get the game to install (after several open tray errors) then just run game that way did they give any explanation as to why ?

well thats gonna suck for me :( my lens is on its way out my solution normally is to get the game to install (after several open tray errors) then just run game that way did they give any explanation as to why ?

They did not say but I feel it has to do with the install from Disc 1.