X360A World Championship

daenius

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Brad that really is a shame for you about your wheel. Be sure to get some practice in with the controller in time for Saturday. And nothing happened tonight LFC. Most people had to go for other commitments tonight at the last minute, myself included (did end up going out in the end, lol). Might be on tommoro, but likely gonna try and improve my Brazil time trial. I know for a fact that i can make it into the top 50 based on my best sector 1 time alone. Just have to get that one perfect lap, and i'll be on for a winner. May try and tune the car too. I really believe i could get top 10 with more work, lol.

MS don't make the wheel anymore either, unless you can get it fixed you're going to have to start looking in your local Argos, or check all the usual game companies websites.

I picked mine up from Gamestation in the beginning of August for £65, it wasn't in stock anywhere in Liverpool but I got it from there and that's the cheapest I know.

... I should get back to time trial, I did have a few good times going in like Monaco, Bahrain & Montreal but they've probably been beaten now. But I'm down to Monza in my career now so I have a pretty good knowledge of 'most all the tracks. I'll have to start posting times.

(Just finished Spa by the way, AMAZING!)

I might buy a wheel and learn to manually shift just to beat Pined ;)

It's absolutely frustrating not being able to beat some of the times in time trial because of the controller and auto shifting, because I know I could.

And yeah, sorry about yesterday, I got a call about uploading some footage on short notice, so I had to leave.

If anyone is online, maybe we could do it tonight... let's see.

My first race without my beloved steering wheel tonight, and won by 21.1 seconds on a 75% race with full damage.

It was a great race, by the time we had started I had forgot to get my mic plugged in and couldnt get it during the pit stop, so thats why I was again very silent. :)

Just to clarify, I play with no assists what so ever;

No braking assists

No ABS

No Traction Control

No Racing Line

Manual Sequential Gearbox

Manual Pit Limiter & Pit Box

My fastest lap was a 1:36.585 which was set on around lap 24 or 25.

The race started with a 52% chance of rain, and by lap 25 or so it the skies had started to go grey and rain started. I pitted at the same time as Hitman (Although I was a lap ahead at this point.) and overtook him within a few laps after a few mistakes meant I was stuck behind him for a little while. I had changed to Intermediates and despite Daenius & Noddee both switching to Wets, I managed to hold on, despite losing a bit of grip when the track started getting very wet. Although Daenius probably gained around 10+ seconds on me in the last 10 or so laps, I was so far ahead it did'nt really matter and I almost lapped Noddee on the last lap too.

Great race, and I think if I can keep a decent pace like tonight on Saturday, I should be in for a win.

great race, I really liked the 75% distance, made the race much more strategic.

brad killed us in the dry, after about 10 laps, noddee overtook me for 2nd and was ahead 15 seconds or more.

when it started raining and everybody switched to wets/intermediates, I decided to stick with the primes for 3-4 more laps and was able to get some pretty fast laps in.

when I came out of the pit, after changing to wet tyres, I barely managed to hold my lead over noddee, he was right behind me when I came out of the pit.

the last 17-18 laps I was doing fast lap after fast lap and managed to take 1-2 seconds off brad's times with each lap, but like he said, I still wasn't able to catch up to him.

pretty darn impressive, brad. driving with no aids whatsoever and manual shifting in your first race without wheel and still dominating the dry track.

crazy biggaz destroyed his car in lap 5 or 6 and had to wait an hour until we were finished, sorry about that man :)

all in all, I would say we definitely keep full damage on, along with the reduced flags.

as for the 75% - like I said before, it makes the race much more competitive and strategic, so I would up the distance to 75%.

Yes, I think with 12 racers a 75% length race would be great. I also think having full damage will be better too, however we never really collided at all tonight, so we never really saw the extent.

Daenius, will send the setup to you in a few minutes!

I think im gonna try using a driver aid next race, im using the controller and all driver aids OFF, whereas others seem to use driver aids and the steering wheel, so i think im at a disadvantage. I was consistently doing 1:40s in the dry & 1:42s in the wet whereas you guys where getting in the 1:39s. Over 42 laps ionly spun the car like 3 times which is not bad with traction control off, alot of my laps were good but i still had to brake earlier and be later on the power, i was just losing toomuch time in the corners.

crazy biggaz destroyed his car in lap 5 or 6 and had to wait an hour until we were finished, sorry about that man :)

No worries, I ended up switching between my PC and XBox 360.

I do think it would of been great if the game had a feature to be able to watch the others race, instead of the places they are in.

I broke to late, for the corner. I did the same in qualy and I think it could of been the same corner as well. Just need to do some pratices with full damage on, so I know how far I can push the car etc...

all in all, I would say we definitely keep full damage on, along with the reduced flags.

as for the 75% - like I said before, it makes the race much more competitive and strategic, so I would up the distance to 75%.

I agree keep full damage and up to 75%.

Think I do some pratices for tomorrow in a bit

Edited by Crazy BigGaz

No worries, I ended up switching between my PC and XBox 360.

I do think it would of been great if the game had a feature to be able to watch the others race, instead of the places they are in.

+1. This annoys me whenever I'm racing online, especially when it's just my brother and I (against AI). If one of us crash out, it's kind of boring. You get to watch the standings screen and try to get a "play by play" happening. lol. Would be good for editing purposes too, if you could select who to watch. Games like Shadowrun give you the ability to see from each member of your teams perspective, so I don't see why they can't offer this feature. Maybe next year?

Concerning these races, unfortunately I am rarely up at 7pm GMT, as it is very early in the morning for me. I don't mind making the effort on the weekend, but through the week I'll be snoozing!

I don't mind making the effort on the weekend, but through the week I'll be snoozing!

You have your life all backwards i think :p

Looking forward to the race this weekend. So far I haven't done a single lap as practice for Malaysia and im not sure if i'll have time to, this week has been pretty hectic for me. But I am determined to remain on the podium so watch out homeslice's ;)

Sould be on by then too. Did a couple of laps last night and did ok. Not sure how it'll be with a heavy fuel load. Was it more noticable at 75%?

I would say so, the cars felt very very heavy the first few laps, but after a while you get used to it.