Achievement Guide and Road Map

Fizzmatix

here is the picture of the MUTANT OVERLORD achievement.

http://www.plaatjesupload.nl/bekijk/2010/04/25/1272190448-840.jpg

For future reference, we only like to use xbox.com images or images hosted by the site for the tiles. Reason being that we know those images won't be taken down and thus leave broken pictures in the guide. Thanks for trying to help though.

Fizz, I added the last pic in there for you :)

Great guide as allways Fiz, but I have a question. Do I have to play Mutations 6 weeks in a row to get the achievement? or is it oevrall? and will there be more tha 6 Mutations? Thanks.

You have to play one mutation game every week when they change on a Friday. They will be randomly selected from a huge list of mutations and will keep going as long as Valve decide to support the feature for. Either that or it will be automatically changed by their servers.

So i'm guessing as it logs one game per play i think it's just 6 in total.

You can't miss the achievement, you just have to play once a week for a few minutes once the mutation has changed.

I've tried finding the M60 in the video over 10 times now and it hasn't spawned once anyone else having this problem? And i only find it about 1 in 3 tries in campaign

The M60 spawns randomly through the campaign, that's why the suggested method in the guide tells you to use survival. It will always be in the same place regardless.

For future reference, we only like to use xbox.com images or images hosted by the site for the tiles. Reason being that we know those images won't be taken down and thus leave broken pictures in the guide. Thanks for trying to help though.

Fizz, I added the last pic in there for you :)

Thanks for the addition ;).

Edited by Fizzmatix

Man, that Mutant Overload cheeve is a joke. What they're saying, is you either buy the DLC NOW, and play EVERY week, or you'll never 100% the game?

:ass

That's how it reads anyway. :confused:

Nope, you don't have to get the DLC now to unlock this achievement, you have just to play 6 different mutation modes, what means 6 different weeks. But there will have a lot of different modes (maybe 20?), so you don't have to start it now if you wanna get the cheevo ;)

I wrote this up before I knew there was already another. I may as well post it up, though, right?

There isn't really in point in you posting it here as you already posted in on the main Left 4 Dead 2 achievement guide. So it would have made more sense to make a whole guide rather than copying it again and tagging it onto the end of another guide.

That's how i see it anyhow, it would get more coverage that way rather than people not knowing where you have posted it.

• 3 months later...

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1110/UPkRIdg=.jpgMUTANT OVERLORD - 30 :gsicon:

Play 6 Mutations.

Mutations is a new game mode where regular games will be altered from their previous rules. This game mode will be updated weekly by the developers so you will need to play at least one game a week through the Mutations option every week for six weeks.

Complete six of these game alterations and the achievement will unlock.

This game mode will be updated every Friday of each week. Make sure you check the blog posts on the title screen on a regular basis to keep up to date with the current Mutation game alternations.

About "complete six of these...".. I simply start mutation and quit without completing it and it adds to the count, can anyone verify that this works for everyone?

• 3 months later...

Fallen survivors can be found at the start of the passing. I never had one not spawning after the first vault down to the parkinglot. just load up the first chapter 4/5 times.

A locker can be found early in the second chapter. It's always (at least for me) in the room with the pooltables. Just vote to restart the chapter after opening 5 times.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

mutant overlord is the last achievement i need to 100% this game. ive noticed the blog gets updated every two weeks, does this mean the mutations are also now changed bi-weekly as opposed to every week? :/ i remember they changed it every friday, is this still the case?

maybe i'm one of the unlucky ones where the tracker doesn't count or something.