1K kills = not worth it.

if you're playing with a lot of people
No, all you need is 1 other person. You build a dispenser and a sentry next to it. When that is done have the other person put on a disguise and stand next to your sentry and sap it. You destroy the sapper, rinse and repeat. Roughly 45 minutes later you will unlock the achievement.
this games online population isn't exactly big.
While it doesn't have a Halo or CoD population I never had a problem finding multiple lobbies with 8-16 people.

This one is really easy if you set up a private match with one other person.

Both find a place together with some space so you wont run into each other when doing this. Then both build a dispenser each. After you do this both build a sentry gun each at the same time. Then you smash theirs and they smash yours (smash each others before the sentry has fully built obviously, using the spanner works best for instant smash). Just keep doing this until you hit 1000. This method is alot quicker than actually killing each other as there is no respawn waiting time.

However the kills are registered but do not update on the counter, so occasionally kill yourself and check your stats to see how close you are to the 1000. When you reach 1000 the achievement will not pop up in game. So if you think you have hit 1000 kill yourself and the achievement should pop up during the respawn screen.

Edited by Yellow_Dragon

• 2 weeks later...
i wanted to 1K this game since i'm a huge HL fan, (primarily playing the series on PC) but getting 1K kills in TF2 is not worth it at all. i love TF2, but only on PC. it's pretty much unplayable on consoles. you can compare it to jerking off; yeah, it's fun, but real sex is way better. and that real sex is TF2 on PC.

Kind of like posting on a forum. It's like talking with people, but face to face is way better.

Took me an hour to get 1k kills, lol. It was my second to last achievement. My last one was for putting the can in the trash in Half Life for the cop. The nerve of him to throw it at me and then tell ME to pick it up and throw it away! I nearly left the game at 995GS because I didn't want to belittle myself. I'm not the submissive type, but alas, I am a completionist-

No, all you need is 1 other person. You build a dispenser and a sentry next to it. When that is done have the other person put on a disguise and stand next to your sentry and sap it. You destroy the sapper, rinse and repeat. Roughly 45 minutes later you will unlock the achievement. While it doesn't have a Halo or CoD population I never had a problem finding multiple lobbies with 8-16 people.

wow, i'll try that out. thanks a lot man. had no idea you could do it that way.

Took me an hour to get 1k kills, lol. It was my second to last achievement. My last one was for putting the can in the trash in Half Life for the cop. The nerve of him to throw it at me and then tell ME to pick it up and throw it away! I nearly left the game at 995GS because I didn't want to belittle myself. I'm not the submissive type, but alas, I am a completionist-

Ha, I love this comment!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
So 1000 kills on tf2 is where you said "Fuck It I Quit" not the part where you have to find all those damn grubs, or the ridiculous time trials on portals. WOW

Yea, 1000 kills isn't hard at all, the achievement just requires you to play the game normally. Those Portal challenges were a bitch, thank God for cheats.

If you're having trouble getting the kills, just get a friend and boost them in a match.

• 2 weeks later...

Dude im not good at the game but I still got 100 real kills in just a couple hours of playing online. you do this for 10 days and youll have it. Its not that big of a deal. Everyone is right the portal achievements suck. I have all the still alive acheveiments but im not sure if ill ever get these