STOPWATCH achievements....cheat

Gooseboxer

Looks like this one may have now been patched, unfortunately.

Just tried Anvil twice loading from the second checkpoint. I even timed myself second time around to make sure, and I did it in 19 minutes with no achievement.. :(

--EDIT--

Just did a timed run from the beginning of the level in 23 minutes and the achievement popped.

Edited by Oblivion Knight

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first level worked using this method but I had to do level 2 (Captains of Industry) from the beginning. The achievement wouldn't pop starting from the second checkpoint.

Graveyard - Stopwatch (4th mission) works fine if you load up the second checkpoint and miss those stupid tanks.

Going to try Anvil (3rd mission) next. Got through ok without being killed but need to get my timing sorted.

PS These are being done after the latest update.

Edited by sjmleicester

• 4 weeks later...

Darkness Falls and Captains of the Industry worked great as the guide instructs. Anvil is not working. I literally ran through the level…using the shotty they provide before the load screen. I then took out the next two checkpoints immediately once you start out with the Heavy Machine Gun. Waiting the approx 10 minutes it takes to complete the level.

EDIT: tried Anvil again and no such luck. So I went at it full boar legit. Only took one time. Basically ran through the level hard charging from cover to cover using a lot of grenades. Also got Graveyard using the glitch.

Edited by big red marino

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
When loading a checkpoint, just look at the loading screens. When they are different that will tell you if it's the first or second part of the mission. A little guide so you know where to start and don't have to keep reloading.

Darkness Falls

Capture Motor Pool

Captains of Industry

Capture Rail Depot

Anvil

Secure Guard Post 2

Graveyard

Neutralize Artillery

The Mountain King

Secure Fortress Door

Living Quarter

Secure Slums

History Repeats

???(i haven't played the last mission yet)

bump bump bump

• 1 month later...

To back up those that have already stated it before, the "cheat" to unlock the stopwatch achievements by just loading the very end of every chapter does work. I beat the game and got all but the first and last level legit, and then (obviously) loaded the last parts of those two levels. They popped once I blew the door, and killed the people at the square. I would say if it isn't working for you, it is because the update fixed it, seeing as my internet is busted atm, and I didn't update the game.

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like this one may have now been patched, unfortunately.

Just tried Anvil twice loading from the second checkpoint. I even timed myself second time around to make sure, and I did it in 19 minutes with no achievement.. :(

--EDIT--

Just did a timed run from the beginning of the level in 23 minutes and the achievement popped.

Just to clarify, this trick seemed to work for all levels apart from "Anvil" and "History Repeats".

Anvil can be a little tricky to do in under 25 minutes, you just have to rush like crazy - and I'd definately recommend doing it on Casual. History Repeats is rather easy to do un under 40 minutes, you should have no trouble running through on Casual - I did it with at least 10 or even 15 minutes to spare.

• 4 weeks later...
When loading a checkpoint, just look at the loading screens. When they are different that will tell you if it's the first or second part of the mission. A little guide so you know where to start and don't have to keep reloading.

Darkness Falls

Capture Motor Pool

Captains of Industry

Capture Rail Depot

Anvil

Secure Guard Post 2

Graveyard

Neutralize Artillery

The Mountain King

Secure Fortress Door

Living Quarter

Secure Slums

History Repeats

???(i haven't played the last mission yet)

Pardon my Noobishness, but shouldn't someone add this information to the "Achievement Guide" ?!?

I only looked into it because i was having trouble with the "Mountain King & History Repeats Stopwatch" 'chievers...

Seems it would have saved me and countless others some unwanted frustrations ?!?

Regardless, thanks for the tip, works like a charm !!!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I used this trick for levels 1, 5, 6, and 7. All the other levels I was able to legitimately obtain running through the whole level. Unfortunately level 7 History Repeats did NOT work at the Capture Bridges checkpoint. You're best bet is to just go through the entire level and rush everything, run as fast as you can up the left building, kill the dude, then run over to the other one, take out the helicopter as soon as you reach the top (rocket launcher is to your left once you walk up the ladder) , and then blow up the satellite. Then jump off the building and parachut down and defend the area. I finished the level in like 32 minutes doing it this way.

• 1 month later...