More dissapointed in my FRIENDS than the game.

stuhp

Seriously, I'm trying to play with a good friend of mine that just keeps complaining how he's not getting kills and is always getting killed. Tried to teach him the ways of Battlefield, and the first thing to come out of his mouth is "this game is like Gears of War."

What the ****, man.

That's funny. There is a decent learning curve for Battlefield games. My buddies were crying as well but at least they understood that this is a new game to them and that it will take time to get good at it.

Love the demo.

Lovin' it, too. I actually got all the unlocks there is to get so far :D (at least I think so). It's just he made it sound like, despite the learning curve, he isn't willing to learn it. He's comparing Battlefield to Gears' Horde and ODST's Firefight (which I kinda see when you're the defenders, but it's such a stretch, you don't even know).

The complaining is a coping mechanism. He just sucks at Gears and BF games and he knows it.

:uzi:

I kid, I kid.

While I am here, I must add that I love the demo. My first match I ruled major ass as assault and sniper class. 13 kills 3 deaths, which is a bit better than usual for me in BF.

A few thoughts and comments on the demo:

Not really a fan of the kill cam. It isn't really a kill cam, just shows the person who killed you (3rd person).

The hit detection for the sniper is a bit off. Maybe it was because of lag, but accurate headshots sometimes did not result in a one hit kill.

Parachuting - it'd be kind of cool to have a bit more control over the 'chute. Similar to Medal of Honor Airborne. Slow the descent, do a 90 or 180 degree rotation, etc. Maybe you can and I just haven't figured it out though.

Other than those, I love it and have no intention in cancelling my preorder. I mean come on, 59.99 for the LE version? Sweet deal.

I didnt get kills at first either took me awhile to get use to the controls. Plus I changed my sensitivity as well which helps turn easier.

As far as the parachuting goes I dont really like it, when you press A to spawn sometimes i press it once to many and I release from my parachute causing me to kill myself lol

I have no complaints about this Demo, and if there are lags and bugs its expected cuz its a Demo.

Seriously, I'm trying to play with a good friend of mine that just keeps complaining how he's not getting kills and is always getting killed. Tried to teach him the ways of Battlefield, and the first thing to come out of his mouth is "this game is like Gears of War."

What the ****, man.

Mate I know how you feel!!! I was listening to a mate of mine playing it and all he would do was complain right from the get go seriously!! He complained how the guns were similar to MW2 (WTF?!? guns are guns), he complained that he died cause he didn't how to use the parachute (he has played BF 1943), complained about the sniping (okay sniping is an issue but he has played BF 1943 and its the same mecahnics!!) Soon after he left chat cause he was getting so angry/grumpy/stressy)

Generally he was just complaining about the game I mean he doesn't even like BF and yet he downloads the demo (WTF!?!?) I think he should stick with MW2 in future!

(He even wrote a review of the demo on this forum, here the link;

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=204868)

Edited by HarperBird

That's funny. There is a decent learning curve for Battlefield games. My buddies were crying as well but at least they understood that this is a new game to them and that it will take time to get good at it.

Love the demo.

This!

Even playing BF: BC to BF:BC2 theres a learning curve. This game looks great can't wait.

I think the only real learning I had to deal with when it came to Bad Company were the new controls. I'm a veteran of both Vietnam and 2142, so I was more used to the keyboard mechanics. Then came Bad Company, and I just went 'wut' :D

But really: once you get to know it, it grows on you. I just wish my "gears" friend would've realized that as he played. He merely sampled it is all - didn't even play a full round.

i was complaining at first too. controls fell a little bit chumpy in comparision with mw:2. but after i got used to it and pushed the sensivity up(you have to do it every restart cz the game doesnt saves it) i love the game. i will definetly buy it and cant wait to unlock the other crazy stuff.