Help beating Canary Mary

HunterKiller

Hi!

I just want to know how to beat Canary Mary in Cloud Cuckooland.

She is a cheater:mad::mad::mad:.... or my fingers are too slow:(:(:(... I don´t know:confused::confused::confused:...

I heard that the easiest way to beat her is using a turbo controller... but that was in the N64... what about the live arcade version??

I just want some walkthought, method,

suggestion or anything usefull to beat this stupid bird!!!

:uzi::uzi::uzi:

Any help?? Thanks a lot for your time.

Guest Deleted2014-12-02

It's actually possible to beat her as I thought it was impossible in the N64 version as well. Just mash X for all it's worth.

Yes, it is possible to beat her. My dad used to play drums, so he's really good at tapping buttons. Whenever there is such a moment in a game I just ask him to do it. When I first tried to beat her I tried again and again until I asked my sister to try, since she's a little better then me. She ended up exhausted and second place.

I cursed Canary Mary and continued.

Later that afternoon my dad came home from work. My fingers were dying at that point, so dad was definitly the last resort. I gave him the controller and told him to tap A for all it's worth. He defeated her on the first try and then asked if that was all.

Poor me.

But enough about that.

Use the pause button. Dear god use it. I found that one helpful tip is that after a little hard mashing, pause the game and get your stamina back and then carry on. I had to pause 4 times during the race so i could rest my thumb.

As for button mashing, i use my thumb. What i do is press the controller against my right palm so the control doesn't move about, cramp up my right thumb (it's uncomfortable but works) and then just jab the X as fast as possible.

I was knackered at the end of it but pausing at various intervals helped. Also i found standing up more helpful although i think i ended up standing up anyway due to concentration i was at...

The thumbs are slower than the fingers, I wouldn't recommend using them.

You'd think so. In my case they're not. I can't button mash with my fingers as i just lose my momentum and composure. With my thumb i can keep it constant and still.

Saying using fingers though, one way my brother does it is to press his index and middle fingers together and then slide them rapidly over the button. Works for him but does cause a blister after a while.

The best way I know besides having some hardcore parent help me is to hold the finger right above the button and like strain the underarm. It will start shaking, pressing the button rapidly.

Although it hurts, and it's probably not good to do it to much.

I don't know why Rare did this race they way they did, it's done really poorly.

At first, Canary Mary's speed is proportionate to how fast you are tapping the button; if you hit it as fast as you can, she will blow you away. Try to match her speed/ stay neck-and-neck with her (take it easy on the button pressing), and she won't leave you in the dust. When you get to the home stretch (ability to see Wumba's wigwam or go over the mountain), that is the time to hit the button as fast as you can; she won't match you anymore, and you'll beat her to the finish.

I did it! :woop::woop::woop::woop:

It was too easy with my rock band drum kit as Disco Ball said.:woop::woop::woop:

I try different methods, with my thumbs, with my fingers, but I think I have slow fingers :(:(:(

Anyway... with the drum kit was a piece of cake... she never was neck-to-neck with me. I only saw banjo and the mice very fast and Canary Mary never was in my screen.

I recommend this method if you can't with the pause method... or if you have slow fingers as in my case :(:(:(. Just go to the race with a normal controller, disconnect it and connect the drum kit and press the green pad to unpause the game and press the blue pad as if you was playing run to the hills in expert. With this I can guarantee you will beat the race in minutes.

Thanks a lot to all of you for your suggestions. It was very useful, believe me.:):):)

All you have to do is start off with a slow a steady pace and stay behind her, and right near the end start pounding down on the button to pass her and not give her a chance to get back ahead of you. I use the method like Starmud mentioned "hold the 'thumb' right above the button and like strain the underarm (tense your arm so your hand shakes, weird I know, but it works.) It will start shaking, pressing the button rapidly."

But yes, all you have to do is be patient and go the slow a steady route, and then turn it up at the end to beat her. No other way to win, especially for the second race for the cheat note in the Cloud level, trust me, it's a long race...

• 2 weeks later...
All you have to do is start off with a slow a steady pace and stay behind her, and right near the end start pounding down on the button to pass her and not give her a chance to get back ahead of you. I use the method like Starmud mentioned "hold the 'thumb' right above the button and like strain the underarm (tense your arm so your hand shakes, weird I know, but it works.) It will start shaking, pressing the button rapidly."

But yes, all you have to do is be patient and go the slow a steady route, and then turn it up at the end to beat her. No other way to win, especially for the second race for the cheat note in the Cloud level, trust me, it's a long race...

^ this.

No need to button mash the whole way guys. You can actually take it pretty easy for like 80% of the race...its weird, if you go kind of fast then slow down she will go flying past...but if you are slowish from the start she never goes as fast. Pretty easy really, wish I knew this ten years ago >_<.

• 2 weeks later...
I used a teaspoon. Did it first go with that method, just rub the spoon back and forth over the X button as fast as you can, i beat her by a country mile, easiest method I'm sure

I came to think of a similar methode when i failed to beat her by using my thumb only.

I used the opposite end of a fork, it gave a good grip and the small end made it easy to move over the button rappidly.

Could probaly be done with a pencil, or anything that has a similar shape and a certain weight.

I earned both the jiggy and cheat page in one go without resting, and she finishing in hours later.

The best way I know besides having some hardcore parent help me is to hold the finger right above the button and like strain the underarm. It will start shaking, pressing the button rapidly.

Although it hurts, and it's probably not good to do it to much.

That's what I did, I've been doing that for years in games like Mario Party, so this wasn't too hard for me. It was the length of the race that sucks though, it pretty much killed my arm, lol. I would just do it until I had a big enough lead, let her pass me, then do it again.

• 2 months later...

I'm probably the only one who does this, but I put the controler up to my face and hit my chin against it. I keep my head static and pump my arms ever so slightly in order to win. I came up with this awhile back for Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks. It takes some practice to make sure your chin hits properly but dear god does it work for me. Also if anyone is around it gives them quite the spectacle to look at.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Copy and pasted from another thread I posted on about the same subject:

Her AI is programmed to travel faster the faster you mash the button so mashing it fast from the beginning will make it harder for you. The best strategy is to start slowly, not actually slow just mash the button without straining yourself, then go faster as you near the end. Don't be afraid if you're behind her for most of the time just try not to fall too far back and don't go all out until you're near the end. It should take some time to find out when to speed up but the race is not too long so it should only take a few tries. Hope this helps and good luck.

• 1 month later...