All Chests, Maidens, & Runes

dtolley

I wrote all this down while playing through this last night. If there are any errors, let me know. But I believe everything is correct. Feel free to use this however you want. Just acknowledge where/who it came from.

Chest, Maiden, and Rune Locations

RUINS (2 chests)

Starting the game you'll be in what I would call a training stage. You'll be fighting different colored wraiths. Once you get to the end of the area, on the far right side you should see chest # 1. In this same area go to the left of the screen and then come back toward the camera near the snowpile, chest # 2 is there.

PIRATE (6 chests, 2 maidens, 1 rune)

Part 1: As soon as you start, come back towards the camera, chest # 3 is on the right. Head forward fighting a few enemies and you should see chest # 4 in sight on the left side. There will be some vines on the left side soon, break them to find Maiden # 1. Proceed forward until you see some vines on the right, break them to find chest # 5. Continue on your way to the area at the dock. After crossing the bridge, you'll encounter a Captain. In this area, chest # 6 is behind the elevator.

Part2: You'll be shown the green runes # 1, so if you miss them, you might as well quit playing now. Continue playing and after the first ship battle, (where you have to shoot arrows at the ship) you will find chest # 7 on the second ledge where the two archers are. After the second ship battle there will be a path on the right. Chest # 8 and maiden # 2 are here.

DESERT (5 chests, 1 rune)

You will come across a cart that is blocking your path. After moving it out of the way you'll be in an area that you will have to knock a pillar over to climb up. This area also has green runes # 2. Kill everyone, knock pillar over, climb up and head left. Break far left gate to find chest # 9 You will come to an area that you have to slide a pillar over and knock some pillars down to pass. Knock the first pillar down and climb to the second level. Go to the far left and break another gate to find chest # 10. You should have no problem finding the next two chests. After climbing up next to the falling sand, you should see some more breakable gates. Break these to find chest # 11 and chest # 12

The next chest will be found during the dragon fight. Once you fight him a couple times a cut scene will show you hanging on to a tower and it's falling down. Start climbing and you'll see chest # 13 on the left about halfway up.

VOODOO (10 chests, 6 maidens, 3 runes)

Part 1: Start burning all the huts down. One of the huts on the right side contains chest # 14. Maiden # 3 is also on the right pretty close to this area. Be sure to get red rune # 1 here as well. After burning through the blockage, burn all the huts (and the leather hut) You will find chest # 15, chest # 16, chest # 17, and chest # 18 here. In a few you should come to a save point. Grab some fire and back-track to some briars that can be burned. A couple lions will jump down, so watch it. Climb up the ledge to get chest # 19. Break the barrier into the next section, go left and find chest # 20 and maiden # 4. You will then see a cutscene of Conan saving a maiden. There will be maiden # 5 next to yellow symbol windstone. Burn hut next to blue symbol windstone for chest # 21.

Part 2: Kill monkeys and find the green runes # 3. Next room you will see a health urn on the left. Climb up there and you'll find chest # 22. In the next section, follow the path next to the tar and go up the ramp. A monkey comes through the wall and reveals maiden # 6. You will come to a spot where you have to break a chain and pull the wall down. Maiden # 7 is right next to you. In this area you will find blue runes # 1. Follow along right wall next to tar and another monkey will break through to show you chest # 23. Maiden # 8 is on right wall by monkey next to blue rune.

<<Elephant God Boss Fight Tip>> On the right of the screen you will some of those greenish stones that give you health. Break the one to the far right and closest to the elephant god. If you stand in the same spot as the stone was, he cannot hurt you.

NIGHTS (15 chests, 10 maidens, 3 runes)

Part 1: Go right and knock boulder out of your way. Jump over to the next ledge and activate red runes # 2 and then jump down to get chest # 24 Next area you will burn all the tents and find chest # 25, chest # 26, and chest # 27. Go past the boat to the end of the dock and save maiden # 9. On boat, go left first and below deck you will find chest # 28 and chest # 29. Next boat dock, maiden # 10 at end of dock. On boat, right side below deck chest # 30 behind some crates.

Part 2: At start, go left for chest # 31. Go all the way right and towards camera to go down the dock to find chest # 32. Next section you'll find red runes # 3. (Don't knock over the pillar until you have the red runes.) Climb up to the area with all the worm/birds. In the right corner you will see chest # 33. Climb up wall and on the fifth or six ledge, the camera will change to show the bridge. Jump to the left instead of going toward the bridge and you will find chest # 34. Climb up to ledge right before bridge and go left again to find chest # 35. At bridge level on left you will see a breakable door, bust it down to find savepoint and maiden # 11. Cross bridge and next room on the right you will find another breakable door with chest # 36 and maiden # 12. Keep going and you'll see maiden # 13 Another room or two away you will see maiden # 14 and maiden # 15. In the courtyard, you will find maiden # 16, maiden # 17, and blue runes # 2. Climb scaffolds, hit savepoint, knock over pillar, and find maiden # 18 and chest # 37. Go into next room and find chest # 38 behind some vases next to the stairs.

ARGOS MOUNTAINS (5 chests, 1 maiden, 1 rune)

Climb up to top avoiding boulders and go left without dropping down to next level. The camera should turn to show chest # 39. Get to castle area and use arrows to destroy statues in the right and left corners and the crates at the end of the dock. This gives you access to the blue runes # 3. Chest # 40 on top of the tower next to one of the blue runes. Hit the levers, open the gate, and go left to find maiden # 19. Inside castle, go to the rooms on each side of the stairs to get chest # 41 and chest # 42. Making your way back outside on a balcony, climb up the wall, head left, take down two breakable doors, and find chest # 43.

CITY IN FLAMES (7 chests, 3 maidens, 1 rune)

Hugging the edge close to the camera, go right and drop off ledge to find maiden # 20 and green runes # 4. Continue down the road all the way down to the right to find chest # 44. Put out fire, climb and drop down. (you may hear the maiden, but you can't get to her from here) Climb up awning to savepoint. Go right and follow it to find a breakable wall with maiden # 21. Drop down, go towards pillars that have fire behind them to find chest # 45. Right next to that, where the lions came out, you will find maiden # 22. Open gate, climb awning, break wall on left for chest # 46. Circle around to other side to get chest # 47. Now drop down and go left, busting door down, to find chest # 48. You 'll come up to a savepoint with chest # 49 and chest # 50 right beside it.

SNOW MOUNTAINS (7 chests, 2 maidens, 2 runes)

After two or three lion fights, you should see some pillars on the left with chest # 51. From here, backtrack about 10 steps and notice the square shaped rock to climb up. Follow the path, drop into a building, to find blue runes # 4. From the second blue rune, you should see a ramp with maiden # 23. In the caves, hit the savepoint, hug left wall, jump tar, and climb wall for chest # 52. After breaking down wall by pulling chain, hug the far side until you see a wall to climb. (should be a boulder monkey there) You will find maiden # 24 here. Kill stuff, lift door, and go right until statue comes alive. Behind where the statue stood is chest # 53. Come back towards camera side and follow wall to reveal chest # 54. Knock stone down hole and continue. Go right to knock over a pillar and see red runes # 4. (this one will be the second one you will need to hit) Go left, knock over pillar, cross it, notice red rune and knock over another pillar to create a bridge to the exit. Now you should hit this rune first, run to the other one you saw, and then cross the new formed bridge, the final red is to your right as soon as you cross the bridge. If you miss it, sorry, but the bridge you crossed was a checkpoint. You'll need to reload your save to get to it again. Next room hit save point, go left to get chest # 55 and then go right. Pull chain, break wall, and go straight to breakable wall with chest # 56. Break wall by pulling chain, kill the two statues, find two breakable walls with savepoint and chest # 57.

FINAL (5 chests)

When you start, camera is facing you and door. go to your left and see chest # 58. At the next savepoint, kill stuff, then jump to next part of level, go right, (by the tar) get chest # 59. Work your way forward go to the left side near statue and find chest # 60. Grab boulder from behind statue, break right wall to find chest # 61. After climbing up and fighting several enemies and statues, chest # 62. is behind where the left statue was.

<<Final Boss Tip>>Think of the platform you are on as a clock. When he's in fight mode, keep yourself at 6 o'clock and him at 9. He will generally keep doing the spike/floor move. Keep jumping over it and attack him. Attack to use for higher difficulties is grab a shield near one of the cogs, do the XXY (shield breaker I think) attack. When he's using spinning move just go in a counter-clockwise loop following behind one of his tentacles. His army of tar guys should be on the other side of the board by the time you get back to the cog to activate it.>>

Hello been using your guide and its been great .. i got most of them on second time i completed the game but wanted to get all the chests so found this the best guide i come across.. but just noticed something u have missed a chest or you have forgot to put into your guide.. Its on the snow mountains lvl and its near the bit where

SNOW MOUNTAINS (7 chests, 2 maidens, 2 runes)

After two or three lion fights, you should see some pillars on the left with chest # 51. From here, backtrack about 10 steps and notice the square shaped rock to climb up. Follow the path, drop into a building, to find blue runes # 4. From the second blue rune, you should see a ramp with maiden # 23. In the caves, hit the savepoint, hug left wall, jump tar, and climb wall for chest # 52.

The bit is Here... the next Chest is where u have to jump across some Ledge platforms and has black tar Dripping Down.. before u jump right across, on the last Tar dripping Section.. you actually jump down a few steps and u will find another chest here..

sorry for spelling errors and such.. hope i have helped out abit

in the same room as Chest # 55 there is a chest behind the pile of rocks behind the save game point which makes the # of chests wrong I think there is one more missing and that will make a game total of 100 secrets, I am going through the game again to find all of the chests and verify this list.

also I dont think maiden # 13 is were he says it is because I know a maiden was left out it is on argos mountains by chest # 41 there is a breakable wall with a maiden in there, I just got the Maiden acheivment last night

Game Glich solved.

On City in flames at the very end there is a save game point right before the 2nd bone cleaver battle. their are supposed to be 2 chests one on either side of the same game. this portion is gliched or mabe supposed to be this way but to get these chests to appear you need to kill the three archers on the balcony just outside this room without any of the three civilians being killed.

an easy way to do it is run to the front of the balcony as soon as you open the dorr and do your ground and pound magic attack and all of the falling rocks kill them very quickly. Hope this helps.

also as to my previous post maiden 13 is not were it was stated in the guide. the rest of the maiden locations are correct

I just got the filthy rich achievment all chest locations in this desciption are correct exept the same room chest # 55 is in there is another chest in the back of the room also the 2 that are next to the save game point on city in flames are gliched and you need to kill the archers as described in my previous post

hope this helps

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...