Does anyone think Alone in the Dark is good?

starmaker69

i think one thing that makes the game so annoying is all the obvious puzzles, when you first play the game its not so obvious though, it confuses the hell out of you.

the main thing bout the game that makes achievements so easy, is all the random things you can put together for easy 5 -10gs

I actually really like Alone in the Dark. I own it. I bought the Collectors Edition. I remember reading the reviews but the screenshots and videos really intrigued me. None the less, I ended up buying it and couldn't understand the bad critics. I have not been one to follow ratings because there have been some really good low rated games and yet I've disliked a lot of high rated games so it's best to use your own judgement. I still haven't finished Alone in the Dark, it's on my to do list. :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This game is very underrated IMO. I thoroughly enjoyed getting the 1k on this game. It had decent graphics, pretty cool cinematics, and overall good voice acting. I also loved that you could switch between Third Person and First Person whenever you felt like it.

My main gripes with the game were the horrible driving sequences (especially the second sequence with the bats) and the questionable inventory system. Once you get used to the inventory system though, the game becomes that much more enjoyable.

Anybody that's played this game and thinks it's the worst game on the 360 obviously haven't played games like Shellshock 2, Frontlines: Fuel Of War, or Damnation.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I think it's a good game for getting 1000G easily but not too easily, i played it for about 2 weeks sraight after getting it to complete it and the different things to combine make it more interesting.

And the fire physics are AMAZING!!

Edited by Heratic611

• 3 weeks later...

This is officially by far one of the worst games I have every played. I honestly can not see how so many people on this thread like it. The controls are terrible and the camera angles are worse. Driving a car is impossible and the taxi escape on Questions is stupid hard. I truly hope everyone involved in this lost their job. If I were a developer and someone put "I worked on Alone In The Dark" on their resume I would put it through the shredder and tell them they have no future in the industry. I have played some really bad games and apparently I am gonna have to look through the comments threads before I actually rent anymore. Games like this make me want to stop playing xbox all together. I am going to finish it - I'm just going to hate myself the entire time.

*EDIT* *$&% For God's sake give me a %^$&*(^ checkpoint in the *$%(^*& driving scene!!!!!

Edited by Jedi ObiJoe