Amazing tip to everyone who has trouble beating Solo Legendary

TransonicPower

Which is exactly why I'm creating a Legendary Guide to save people the stress of getting stuck in certain fights, save people time by showing them tricks to bypass certain fights, and give them a detailed rundown of each level so they know what to do. I mean, if you're gonna have to exploit a game to get a mere 90:gsicon: then I feel bad for you.

dont feel bad for him because he wont! fair play to him,hes found a shortcut and deserves credit.if it means less people use your guide then thats life,ive already completed my solo legendary run the hard way but would have used this method if id known,along with perhaps your guide for any trouble spots.this site is all about helping making those achievements pop as quickly and easily as possible and ppl have the option of doing it the hard way,boosting,taking advantage of glitches,whatever! this site caters for ALL! imo contributions like this are vital if theyre available,as the guy said not everyone is blessed with skill or time,so if you wana feel bad for anyone feel bad for 343....not the first mistake theyve made with halo 4 is it

Edited by bwfcskillsinhd

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if it means less people use your guide then thats life,ive already completed my solo legendary run the hard way but would have used this method if id known,along with perhaps your guide for any trouble spots.

Lol...I don't care about, "how many people use my Guide," I'm doing it because I love Halo and want to, not because it'll make me feel popular.

this site is all about helping making those achievements pop as quickly and easily as possible and ppl have the option of doing it the hard way,boosting,taking advantage of glitches,whatever!

Okay...and yet I stand by my convictions that it's sad that people need to exploit games in order to earn their ACHIEVEMENTS. But whatever floats your boat, right?

dont feel bad for him because he wont! fair play to him,hes found a shortcut and deserves credit.

Credit goes to him? No. He didn't find the method. He found it off HaloWaypoint and even admitted that he did, so credit goes to whoever originally found it. Just because he posted it here doesn't mean he was the one to 'found a shortcut,' he's simply sharing it from one website to another.

Oh, and learn how to proofread. Your grammar is atrocious.

Edited by BiggD

Damn...what a good response. I'm glad I took the time to read it.

haha...hey just checked out your guide and its impressive! sure it will help many ppl,only wish it had been posted complete before id completed the game.looks like youve still a lot to do but ill certainly read it through when its complete.good work dude

Which is exactly why I'm creating a Legendary Guide to save people the stress of getting stuck in certain fights, save people time by showing them tricks to bypass certain fights, and give them a detailed rundown of each level so they know what to do. I mean, if you're gonna have to exploit a game to get a mere 90:gsicon: then I feel bad for you.

And I really do appreciate your efforts. Call me old fashioned but I would rather complete the campaign on Legendary just the way it should be done & without using shortcuts.

It's 343's fault that we can do this. If I didnt found out about this, I would have gone through it the "legit" way. But this saved my time. It's not like I hacked the game or something...

And for your guide, it's looking good. I'm sure I would have used it, but now there's no need because of this rally point thing.

What would be the point of performing a glitch to complete the game on LASO...like seriously.

But you get a shiny new emblem for completing it LASO :(...

Seriously though, I'm following the ARG on Waypoint and LASO completion may be significant to future Waypoint terminal unlock codes.

I do want to LASO it either way, once I've reached SR130.

Once again, a thread where people give other people shit on getting achievements in exploitable ways. Don't let it bother you guys. Achievements are fun to get and if people want to do it this way, it's not gonna take away from how you got yours or interfere with your life.

Pretty cool trick though. I'm still gonna try and do it legit though since I have always looked forward to going through Halo games on Legendary (Except 2)

Also, BiggD, don't be discouraged in writing your guide. I will be looking forward to reading it and all the people who still plan on doing it legit will be too.

Boo to all the people that are too lazy to tough out their solo legendary run.

Halo 4 is nowhere near as hard as Halo 2 (which I just beat solo legendary on PC a few days back). Halo 2 took me a little over eight years to beat solo legendary, but I did finish it co-op on the original Xbox a long time ago.

343i needs to sort out more of Halo 4's glitches, because now I'm feeling even more butthurt from all these people trying to riddle their way out of a great learning experience.

Agree. Halo 2 was the toughest campaign to get through for sure.

Halo 4 is the first Halo game that I decided to do my first run through of the campaign on Legendary. I managed to complete all levels Solo (and did not use this shortcut you are all discussing). I like to feel a sense of accomplishment by actually completing the entire mission.

Going to have to try this nice, thanks for letting us know!

Edit - Is it possible to just blast through the campaign on easy then, using level select then choosing rally point and difficulty?

I was playing Bourne Conspiracy few weeks back, had a similar way of unlocking the hard difficulty achievement but you couldn't use level select, it had to be in a single campaign run through from start to finish then backing out, loading up last part of level and choosing hard difficulty.

Edited by Tsaako

Boo to all the people that are too lazy to tough out their solo legendary run.

Halo 4 is nowhere near as hard as Halo 2 (which I just beat solo legendary on PC a few days back). Halo 2 took me a little over eight years to beat solo legendary, but I did finish it co-op on the original Xbox a long time ago.

343i needs to sort out more of Halo 4's glitches, because now I'm feeling even more butthurt from all these people trying to riddle their way out of a great learning experience.

Well this is an achievement forum. So the ends justify the means.

Yes, it's amazing.

complete all the missions on a lower difficulty. Then comes the interesting part. You know the Rally Points? That's where things get interesting. Just go to select your mission, and choose the last RP available (and difficulty of course on legendary). Then go through the end of the mission. You can skip llike half of the level.

And yes, it gives the achievement according to the ppl on the Waypoint forums, and for me, it gives the commendation done pop up after every mission done. I need to do the last two levels, and after that I can confirm that it works.

EDIT: I can confirm that this works!

ok its not working 4 me idear's please people

got this a few days back .. did not update the game

in a nut shell I finished the game on normal and got all the terminals

then loaded it up Dawn rally point B no skulls on picked legendary and played till the next level loaded save and quit

after looking it only shows solo on normal ..

quit out to dashboard reloaded and its the same

what am I doing wrong ?

Going to have to try this nice, thanks for letting us know!

Edit - Is it possible to just blast through the campaign on easy then, using level select then choosing rally point and difficulty?

I was playing Bourne Conspiracy few weeks back, had a similar way of unlocking the hard difficulty achievement but you couldn't use level select, it had to be in a single campaign run through from start to finish then backing out, loading up last part of level and choosing hard difficulty.

Same for Splinter Cell: Conviction. Running through the levels on Easy and when you get to the last checkpoint, just save and quit and resume on Realistic. Luckily someone posted where the checkpoints are in the forum.

I personally am doing this with two friends on Legendary from the start, but it might be useful if I attempt this solo (I know, everyone says it's not too hard, but I don't give a shit what people say. I'm going to play the game the way I want to play it. It's my right). If a title update has made this unattainable, couldn't you just clear your cache and play the game offline and have this work? Seems logical it would, unless it didn't work at first and something they changed in a title update made this work.

EDIT - Ok, according to TU 4 on 12/6/12, this update MADE it possible to do the campaign this way, not hinder it. So unless they fix this again with TU 5, you can do this legitimately (according to 343).

"Fixed issue where players could not unlock Campaign completion achievements when using a rally point other than Alpha for any mission to finish the Campaign" - so this means they fixed it so you CAN unlock Campaign completion achievements when using a rally point other than Alpha.

Edited by bLaKgRaVy