Bonus Icons List

Goots 88

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You guys did a great job on this list, I wish I found it sooner! One other one that I got that I don't see here is:

Split Bank - Get 4 Banks Shot icons after activating a Split Shot.

So weird, I thought I got that one today when trying for Actual Historical Shot on Level 4-1 but i thought it just said bank shot.

Perfect - I think thats it folks. Thank you too all who helped!

Anyone know how to edit the Thread Heading???? to remove WIP

Also you can get a "Daredevil" icon for activating a Lift Shot close to the ground, the actual icon looks different then the Flying Shot "Daredevil" icon. So I wonder if they're two different icons with the same name, bringing the total icon count to 41?

Also you can get a "Daredevil" icon for activating a Lift Shot close to the ground, the actual icon looks different then the Flying Shot "Daredevil" icon. So I wonder if they're two different icons with the same name, bringing the total icon count to 41?

I thought they were both light blue, can you confirm the difference?

Yeah, the Lift Shot one is blue and looks like a lift shot in the icon. The Flying Shot one is more turquoise and looks like a Flying Shot flying close to the ground.

Perfect... thanks for verification. Seems odd that there is 41?

I'm thinking you don't need ALL the icons. A certain number of them perhaps.

But the achievement does state collect all bonus icons, which would make it misleading. The only other possibility is that I got the flame on without realizing it. However, when I was going back making my list of specialty shots and shield combinations I could have swore I went through every normal level and didn't have a Flying/Bomb Shield combination on any but as it was mentioned it appears on Challenge Map 8, which I haven't unlocked yet. Maybe it might have something to do with the 2 Daredevil variations. Just odd though.

I'm not convinced that the icon floating over to the right means it is a bonus icon, even if you do earn some extra score for it.

I just get this impression due to the way it refers to some icons as "shot" and "action" icons.

Working through the list, will try to avoid some that others have mentioned as their last to see if it pops without them.

I'm not convinced that the icon floating over to the right means it is a bonus icon, even if you do earn some extra score for it.

I just get this impression due to the way it refers to some icons as "shot" and "action" icons.

Working through the list, will try to avoid some that others have mentioned as their last to see if it pops without them.

How do I put this nicely, you are wrong. Look at the achievement icon, it clearly shows "Bonus Icons" (Massive Damage, Surprise, & Bank Shot). Some shot and action icons give you Bonus Icons ie: Special Delivery and Curveball, but it is clearly talking about Bonus Icons.

As for stating it might not be all 41 of them according to our list, I have 3 more on the list to go and still have not got the achievement. I was spending to much time on 10 daredevils which I almost threw my kinect through my tv screen and still haven't got it yet.

But the achievement does state collect all bonus icons, which would make it misleading. The only other possibility is that I got the flame on without realizing it. However, when I was going back making my list of specialty shots and shield combinations I could have swore I went through every normal level and didn't have a Flying/Bomb Shield combination on any but as it was mentioned it appears on Challenge Map 8, which I haven't unlocked yet. Maybe it might have something to do with the 2 Daredevil variations. Just odd though.

Sorry to mislead you guys, there are other campaign maps that have a Flying Shot and a Bomb Shield in them, 2-4 for example. I just happened to actually do the combination in Challenge 8, since it's the only thing you can do in that map.

I still haven't gotten the 10 daredevils either, I was going to go for the remainder of my achievements after I gold all the maps. My current plan was to try and find a long flat map, start with low power and try to fly close to the ground for a while to rack up a few in succession and hopefully pop up and weave through some pillars to get the last few. It seems as long as you can manage to stick close to the ground it will keep awarding you the flying shot daredevil icon.

Challenge map 3 is the easiest. Start off shooting low power left and you'll get one for missing the cliff. Then activate and weave from the right to the left and back again. Never stay in the center. After all pillars you can weave up and down for a few more. I managed 14 in one run. This is A LOT easier than trying mission 8-1 for it.

Challenge map 3 is the easiest. Start off shooting low power left and you'll get one for missing the cliff. Then activate and weave from the right to the left and back again. Never stay in the center. After all pillars you can weave up and down for a few more. I managed 14 in one run. This is A LOT easier than trying mission 8-1 for it.

Sorry I'm not following you... When you say weave in and out of pillars are you saying in the middle between the 2 on either side or go around them and weave in and out...

How do I put this nicely, you are wrong. Look at the achievement icon, it clearly shows "Bonus Icons" (Massive Damage, Surprise, & Bank Shot). Some shot and action icons give you Bonus Icons ie: Special Delivery and Curveball, but it is clearly talking about Bonus Icons.

As for stating it might not be all 41 of them according to our list, I have 3 more on the list to go and still have not got the achievement. I was spending to much time on 10 daredevils which I almost threw my kinect through my tv screen and still haven't got it yet.

Either I've not explained myself clearly or you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. There are shot, action and bonus icons. What I'm suggesting is that some of the icons listed, for example "Dud", "Pacifist" and "Freedom", seem too negative to be classed as "bonus" icons and potentially are not actually required to unlock the achievement.

The fact you've not unlocked the achievement doesn't mean that all 41 are bonus icons, it just means you have not yet earnt all the ones that are.

I'm not claiming you're wrong, nicely or not, but at this point based upon the fact neither you or I have unlocked it and on the other comments in this thread we don't yet know for sure the minimum requirement for the achievement.

Either I've not explained myself clearly or you're misunderstanding what I'm saying. There are shot, action and bonus icons. What I'm suggesting is that some of the icons listed, for example "Dud", "Pacifist" and "Freedom", seem too negative to be classed as "bonus" icons and potentially are not actually required to unlock the achievement.

The fact you've not unlocked the achievement doesn't mean that all 41 are bonus icons, it just means you have not yet earnt all the ones that are.

I'm not claiming you're wrong, nicely or not, but at this point based upon the fact neither you or I have unlocked it and on the other comments in this thread we don't yet know for sure the minimum requirement for the achievement.

I agree 100%. But what I am saying is that the shot and action icons are the shields, nothing to do with this achievement relatively speaking. However, the icons like dud, pacifist and freedom do actually net you additional points therefore are a bonus.

No harm having a complete list. :)

Hardest thing at the minute is finding a suitable level to match each requirement for the ones I know I haven't done.

For the daredevils, try just flying continually close to the ground rather than going up and down. I'm pretty sure that's how I got the last four when I was going for the ten.

Edited by LeiChat

No harm having a complete list. :)

Hardest thing at the minute is finding a suitable level to match each requirement for the ones I know I haven't done.

For the daredevils, try just flying continually close to the ground rather than going up and down. I'm pretty sure that's how I got the last four when I was going for the ten.

Thanks for the advice.

Which ones are you having trouble on, maybe I can assist with a level that might help.

Thoughts on color coding the Bonus Icon names?

Also, if I need to change any let me know, doing this completely off my amazing memory.

Update: So I just got 'Oh, you got tricks?' Achievement. I needed to get all 41 for the achievement. The list is 100% complete and accurate.

Edited by Goots 88

Just did a quick test using the FameStar Challenges weekly list.

Fired two standards shots off to the side and picked up two low power and pacifist icons, then a flying shot off the back of the screen, again a low power and a freedom icon.

So my "negative" theory is invalid as FameStar now lists me as 6/100 for the "Collect 100 Bonus Icons" challenge.

Looks like they all count as "bonus" even if you don't earn a bonus for them.

Has anyone noticed when the achievement popped, was it at the end of a level or as soon as you got the bonus icon? Just wondering if restarting/mulligans mid level might mean you could potentially remove a bonus icon from your progress by accident.

Edited by LeiChat

Has anyone noticed when the achievement popped, was it at the end of a level or as soon as you got the bonus icon? Just wondering if restarting/mulligans mid level might mean you could potentially remove a bonus icon from your progress by accident.

It popped as soon as I got 'Flame On'. It was the last one i needed and I was quickly playing through levels to find it then i remembered someone posted here you can get it back on level 2-4. So I went back and boom, popped right away.

Worth noting, but has not been tested, I believe if you restart or use a mulligan the bonus icon does not count since the points are removed from your score...

Also, no one has answered yet, how does everyone like the Bonus Icons being color coded? Are some difficult to read?

PS - added some levels to the list where certain bonus icons can be obtained

Colour coding is fine. How about grouping the achievements by shot type?

Level 2-4 is a simple level for the Massive Damage bonus icon.

With the first standard shot aim for the balloon hanging goblin and let the shot fall behind that front wall so you get a bank shot bouncing into the castle at the back.

Edited by LeiChat