Game of the Week: July 29-August 4 (Splosion Man)

Capn Doug

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/screenshots/1044/med_sm-7.jpg

There is nothing like the feeling of accomplishment when you and a group of people figure out the solution to a co-op puzzle. And there is no feeling of schadenfreude like watching your friend fail repeatedly at what appears to be a simple platforming run. Why not experience both of those joys with Twisted Pixel's platforming masterpiece, Splosion Man? Press button, explode, repeat as needed. It promises to be a fun time.

If you are interested in playing with x360a members, feel free to post in this thread and/or just drop into a game throughout the week. Staff members, Subscribers and Ambassadors will be creating rooms off and on during the week, but feel free to create your own x360a room and set it to public.

If you plan on hosting a session, please post in this thread so that people can join you! If you are joining a session, make sure you tell the host you are from x360a.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know if there have been any improvements for the lag? I remember the game being borderline unplayable because of it.

Anyway I'm in, this game is way more fun if there are three or more people.

I believe they did. There was little to no lag outside the party chat delay when I did it last year.

How many ppl can play this together? I'm keen - done none of the co-op; and not much of the single player - so I'm kinda crap... but if any EU/GMT types wanna give it a shot I'll give it a look-in... I don't get to go to bed anywhere near as late as I used to due to a change in jobs; so I don't think I'll still be awake often enough to play with too many US gamers. (I'm a night owl at heart but gotta get up 6amish these days, not 10/11am like it was amonth ago)

That 4 player co-op insanity was some of the most fun I've had in a long time. Looking forward to another session of terrorizing scientists and hilarious deaths.

Word of warning: KillerBEA was using his capture card to construct a blooper reel. Kari, looter, Killer and myself could be getting the wrong kind of internet attention.

That 4 player co-op insanity was some of the most fun I've had in a long time. Looking forward to another session of terrorizing scientists and hilarious deaths.

Word of warning: KillerBEA was using his capture card to construct a blooper reel. Kari, looter, Killer and myself could be getting the wrong kind of internet attention.

Blooper reel? Nah I am uploading like 4 15 minute videos first of everything. Then maybe a blooper reel later...

That was an excellent gaming session! :D I'm looking forward to another session as well! I'm looking forward to seeing that video. :p

Blooper reel? Nah I am uploading like 4 15 minute videos first of everything. Then maybe a blooper reel later...

No blooper reel? D: I wanted to see myself just walk into the acid for no reason! XD

That was an excellent gaming session! :D I'm looking forward to another session as well! I'm looking forward to seeing that video. :p

No blooper reel? D: I wanted to see myself just walk into the acid for no reason! XD

There will be blooper reel, just not tonight. I will sort through the recordings I have and I will make something.

Edit: first video will be up in about 15 minutes. I will post it here once its done uploading.

Edit 2: Second video is being produced right now.

Edit: First video finally:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjZrRHU_fiM]x360a community gaming session: Splosion man - YouTube[/ame]

Video number 2:

WITH COMMENTARY from Doug, looter and Kairi since I can't figure out live recording myself without hooking up another xbox.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PWccbr0CgY]x360a community gaming session: Splosion man Pt 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by KillerBEA

It's strange seeing video evidence of how badly we sucked. And you got that cake. I saw it! I don't care what the video replay says!

Well like I said according to my screen I didn't, probably an issue with the lag. Which wasn't too prevalent but still had presence.

Video #3 is being uploaded now and #4 is rendering

It's strange seeing video evidence of how badly we sucked. And you got that cake. I saw it! I don't care what the video replay says!

I don't even need video evidence to know we sucked terribly, although it's cool seeing it! In the first video, I didn't even realize that I ran straight into the electric current when someone had the tutorial thing up! lol As for that cake, I saw him get the cake and heard the "Gimme gimme gimme" too! XD It's so weird that you, me, and Looter saw him get that cake, but on BEA's screen, the cake was still there for some reason.

I'll have a disc copy by Wednesday if anyone cares. :D

YAY! Now I can publicly humiliate Target with my capture card as well. XD

Putting spoiler tags to help with loading

[spoiler=videos23]

Edit: Video #4

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3E3hTFHOA8]x360a community gaming session: Splosion man pt 4 - YouTube[/ame]

Edit: Last video, I think I lost a video though :/

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jZJst_wMdgs]x360a Community gaming session: Splosion man pt5 - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by KillerBEA