I'm not finding this great

HellCatNZ

I just borrowed this from my friend and well i feel like this is politeness's creed. You really have to watch where you walk, you can't run, everyone watches your every move. Its looked good but now its seems painful to play through. I'm only on the first informant mission and i want to just stop cos i can't just run around stabbing at will. And the combat for me is painful it just doesn't seem fluid and easy to use i get wasted in fights a lot. Any suggestions about making this easier or how to fight better?

well if you kill someone and a guard see's you, its simple he will sound the alarm. and when you start the game, you will be stripped of you'r ranks and weapons, but with every assasination you complete Al Mualim will give you a rank/weapon back.

btw as soon as you get you'r combo kill, and counter kill moves back you will have no problem with fighting anybody. it get's alot easier.

last note: this is kinda of stealth game, so its also normal that u can't go on a killingspree in the city and think you can get away with it. If you do get chased down by guards try to find higher ground, its easier to lose them on the roofs and since you'r faster with climbing and jumping buildings you will outrun them.

I agree with the fact that you alway have to move slowly to get where you want to go, going at a snail's pace through Kingdom isn't my odea of fun but at leat it can be skipped later on.

Combat get extremely easy once the counter attack is learned since you just need to time button presses right which isn't that hard.

If anything my major complain was that it became too repeitive between assasinations.

The cobat is quite hard i just can't get the hang of it

Check out some of the youtube vids by ianxofour and stabguy36. They'll give you some ideas on how to make fighting much easier. All I ever do is grab/knock down guards, run over to them while they're on the ground, and kill with the hidden blade. You can continue forever doing that. Plus, guards eventually get scared of you and cower, and you don't even need to put them on the ground any more.

Trust me, it gets fun once you get the hidden blade back - and you're pretty close to there.

The game is worth it for the ending alone. I just finished the story line and have gotten all of the storyline achievements 100%, all I have left do is Templars and Flags.

Last week, I didn't even want to finish this game because it was so repetitive, but now I wish it wasn't over just yet...

The most annoying thing about this game is that you only have to run into a guard and then there is 4 or 5 chasing you. It just gets repetetive having to kill the fuc#ers everytime. Also when I was doing an Eavesdrop mission there was a couple of these "loonies" who just keep pushing you and they eventually pushed me into a guard and before I know it the Eavesdrop mission is failed and I'm being chased by about 200 guards. I actually find the game fairly easy, the counter attack is definetly the way to kill loads of guards but it just gets too repetetive and thats the reason I won't be going back to collect all the goddamn flags!

TBH the cool thing about this game is that if you play is long enough, ie. all the way through, maybe doing a few achievements, is that it will become second nature, and you'll be a badass in no-time. By the time this happens you can either fight entire crowds of guards easily, or evade them over rooftops in a second!

Edited by Mr Burgerz
typo

I hated this game when I first played it. I played it for about an hour and then put it on the shelf. I was expecting more platforming like Prince of Persia, climbing rooftops and whatever. Also expected a deeper combat system, instead I get a game where I mash the x button. That was way back when it first came out.

Just a couple days ago I finally decided to give it a second chance, and I must say it is a lot better after you get a little further in. Still not all that great, but the storyline has my attention enough to get over that loathing and disappointment I used to have for this game.

Oh okay sweet yeah i just need to get the hang of counter attacks, i'm just not a blocking type of guy. Also i can't get past the first informer mission in jerusalum

If you're not a blocking type of guy, then try going on the offensive and if you see a guard coming at you then hit the counter kill (can't quite remember what button you have to hold to allow you to hit X to combo). You'll want to stop doing this if you get down below 3 or 4 bars left on the sync bar so that you don't get killed if you miss a combo, but once you get the hang of it and use it the way it was meant to be used (that is to counter while fighting rather than just holding block and waiting for them to attack) it makes for much more exciting and faster fighting.

Another thing that will make this easier as you go along is doing all the View Points/Save Citizens and assassinations as this will increase your syncronization, giving you more health and making it harder for the guards to kill you. I personally recommend the short sword for fighting groups of guards since it's much quicker than the long sword and the counter kills are cooler (in my opinion at least). Plus there is the added bonus of being able to switch to a target a little further from you and taking him out quickly with your throwing knives. Good luck

i can't just run around stabbing at will
Then go play a game where you run around at will. This game is supposed to be stealth-based, showing how an assassin should move and act, rather than just telling you to kill someone and everyone in between you and them. I could understand bad game design, but if you didn't know going in that a game called Assassin's Creed would have you acting just kind of like an assassin, then it's your own fault.

• 2 weeks later...
The combat isn't hard at all imo.. What is frustrating though, is when you have to stealth assassinate 5 ppl in middle acre in 4 minutes. With annoying beggars and crazy people basicly fucking you over all the time..

its not that hard. Just use the roofs and throwing knifes and you can avoid all the people on the ground. Thats how a real assassin does it

• 2 years later...