Buy or Rent?

Tussell

Buy/Rent  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Buy/Rent

• Buy
    • Rent

I just rented it today (finally found a store that had one available), and it's not a bad game at all... but as stallion said, it's not a great game either. The stages start to repeat themselves after awhile (and I'm not even to mission 20 yet), and I can see that getting very boring toward the end. The game play itself is fun, but the way the game plays, it's a 'more of the same' type on each mission, not really adding anything new to the mix as it goes. You could argue that the skills, items and clothing you unlock 'freshens' it as it goes, but to me it doesn't give it enough. I personally think it's a great one time through game, but I don't see myself coming back to it after I finish it.

I might also add, it's setup much like the Hitman series. The characters all have patterns that are the same each time you play the level. However they reuse the same layouts quite a bit (which is what I meant by repeating themselves), and barely mix up the AI patterns in these variants. Even the mission objectives are usually in the same buildings as the previous time through the map. Regardless, I still say it's worth a rent and play through.

Well sadly, I went to go rent this at Hollywood Video today, and they had the box behind the display case. So I go up there happier than all hell, because I totally forgot I downloaded the demo, and I played it today, so I wanted to rent it. So I go there, and like I said they have the case behind the display case, and I go up there and they say there is a mistake and there is no game.

So I'm stuck with DW5 and The Darkness... My life pretty much sucks.:woop:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a last-gen game, marginally better than tenchu 3 but I'm not even sure. I was a huge tenchu fan, but this one is the limit: it's a very lazy, totally unpolished and unchallenging game that you shouldn't consider buying now that next-gen stealth is finally upon us (assassin's creed).

• 5 weeks later...

kind of a tough decision...becuz if u want all the achivements i would buy it cuz otherwise ur gonna be really bored of beating the game 3 times or if u wanna keep renting this game or just have a big late fee..im working on my last difficulty setting and its taken me 1 week to get to mission 20 cuz of how boring it is

Completed Retail- Eragon, Hitman: Blood Money, Madden NFL 08, Oblvivion, Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, CoD 4

Working on: Tenchu Z(950), Guitar Hero 3(175)

• 2 weeks later...