Has anyone in the WORLD gotten the 500 match achievement?

goldenpp72

I know this game just came out a few days ago, however, I am now starting to get concerned with this achievement. Myself and a few others from this forum, particularly a user named sin, have been back and forth boosting a lot. The method we primarily used was to have 2 bots kill us in team deathmatch set to 5 frags and 5 minutes.

Now, I hosted the first main batch and got well over 250 the first time, then he hosted and got us over 150, and now i'm hosting again and have easily done over 100, that puts us over 500 boosting (i'm using a paper to tally every match) and that isn't including all the legit matches I played to get the others.

So my question is, is there anyone in the world who even has this? I'm starting to fear a logical boosting method might not actually work for it, and with the game being so dead already it would be a shame to not be able to ever get it.

Yes. My friend Arcade Machines got 200/200 in this game and in fact I believe he may have even been the first to finish. I WAS about 50 or so away from the achievement but my save file corrupted and as you can imagine I was pretty pissed off. Anyway, what we were doing was setting it to CTF with only 1 flag capture to win on the level called Space since it seemed like the shortest distance from flag to flag. Easiest and quickest method I could think of.

Yes we were doing Player Match. It was me and my friend versus two easy level bots. We kept capturing the flag and the game would end. Weird note though- everytime we would capture one flag and the game ended, it would say "You Lose" but regardless it doesn't matter since the achievement is simply PLAY 500 matches. The game is bugged though with winning / losing.

Alright I finally got it after probably 150 ADDITIONAL matches using the ctf no bots method, this game really is buggy, I kept getting huge sound problems, people having corrupted saves and achievement glitches too.. top it off with no community and connection issues and it really felt like a waste of 15 bucks, and I love quake 3 :(

Anyways.. thanks for the help everyone, good luck for the few trying to go for this.

boosting is wrong, whatever your reason... this may be a warning from god if i can say so...

play, just play the games and get the achiev.... stop boosting you cheap guys, your like the noob tubers of cod, going for the easy way

ps: im sorry, but i never been for the easy way of life...., its call an achievement for a reason, not just an unlockable...

Edited by Destro

are you serious? there are only like 1000 people even registered on the leaderboards, what that means is.. you CAN'T get the achievement if there is no one to play with!

This game doesn't have a community, it released dead on arrival, on top of that is filled with bugs and lag issues so no one is playing.

I searched for games and would find one or 2 games that were lag city with host that disconnected, i'm not going to deal with that, but i would have loved if the game were a healthy online game as i'm a big quake vet.

boosting is wrong, whatever your reason... this may be a warning from god if i can say so...

play, just play the games and get the achiev.... stop boosting you cheap guys, your like the noob tubers of cod, going for the easy way

ps: im sorry, but i never been for the easy way of life...., its call an achievement for a reason, not just an unlockable...

Shut the fuck up. You realize you are on a website dedicated to getting achievents, regardless of how they are obtained, right? You don't like to boost. Awesome, that's good for you. There's no need to troll around, posting about how "wrong" it is. It is people like you; people with nothing nice to say, people who criticize others because you think the way they enjoy playing games is wrong, that ruin this community. Gtfo.

Anyways, there seems to be some debate as to what the best way to boost is. What do you recommend?

Depends on how you want to do it. The method posted above doing 1 capture ctf with 2 people on that space map is easily the fastest way, and since it can be done without bots, is probably the way i'd do it if you want to assure it will work.

The lazy method I used which didn't seem to work but might for some, was to have me and a human on one team while 2 nightmare bots slaughtered us, takes a lot longer but all you do is hit start sometimes.

But I think the ctf method is best, you can get a hundred matches done pretty quickly with a devoted partner that wont mess with you. The level we used is the one with the crusher over the BFG in space, takes a few seconds to get a capture.

Shut the fuck up. You realize you are on a website dedicated to getting achievents, regardless of how they are obtained, right? You don't like to boost. Awesome, that's good for you. There's no need to troll around, posting about how "wrong" it is. It is people like you; people with nothing nice to say, people who criticize others because you think the way they enjoy playing games is wrong, that ruin this community. Gtfo.

Anyways, there seems to be some debate as to what the best way to boost is. What do you recommend?

I love getting achievements, and if you look at my score i got over 50k and they are ALL fully legit, i even have rainbow six vegas 2 at 990 cause i hated the hostage mode and it was too hard to get the 2 hostage rescue in 1 round 10 times. I refused to boost even if it stick me at 990 instead of a perfect 1000 imagine... Im proud to have so much points doing it the way it was meant to be, not having a guy letting himself get kill so i can have my points.

I am really disapointed that people cheat to get points, and to me its as bad as hacking the score to boost like you say. In the case of this achievement, why you just don't play your 500 match with a friend with the lowest "first to" number. It is legit and not hard.

getting achievents, regardless of how they are obtained : I think there is no pride in that

you think the way they enjoy playing games is wrong : Don't try to convince me you "enjoy" doing that, its a waste of time and you would rather add the points straight up if you could. You do realize these points will give you nothing in the end? Its virtual stuff that give nothing exept of pride having doing it, but if you cheated(cause boosting is cheating after all) there should be no pride at all.

Its like brothers in arms, there is an achievement for recon points, finding them all, one of my friend entered a cheat and the achievement unlocked straight ahead... recon points or killroy i dont remember. But me... im gonna do it the right way, finding them one by one.

I remember back in the time i was impressed to see people with 100k gamerscore, but today i realize they where just cheap booster and didnt do half of them the right way. My motto is if you cant get it legit, then i dont care getting them at all. I sat trought torture winning 30 games of survival mode in Resident Evil 5... god i hated so bad this mode and curse more in one game than in 3 days normally... but i did it, and im pride to have this game completed.¸

If you think im a "troll" or a gnome or whatever fantasy creature you young internet people like to use, think twice, i am quite the oposite, i am like the sage master of this place, encouraging honest gaming.

I love getting achievements, and if you look at my score i got over 50k and they are ALL fully legit, i even have rainbow six vegas 2 at 990 cause i hated the hostage mode and it was too hard to get the 2 hostage rescue in 1 round 10 times. I refused to boost even if it stick me at 990 instead of a perfect 1000 imagine... Im proud to have so much points doing it the way it was meant to be, not having a guy letting himself get kill so i can have my points.

I am really disapointed that people cheat to get points, and to me its as bad as hacking the score to boost like you say. In the case of this achievement, why you just don't play your 500 match with a friend with the lowest "first to" number. It is legit and not hard.

getting achievents, regardless of how they are obtained : I think there is no pride in that

you think the way they enjoy playing games is wrong : Don't try to convince me you "enjoy" doing that, its a waste of time and you would rather add the points straight up if you could. You do realize these points will give you nothing in the end? Its virtual stuff that give nothing exept of pride having doing it, but if you cheated(cause boosting is cheating after all) there should be no pride at all.

Its like brothers in arms, there is an achievement for recon points, finding them all, one of my friend entered a cheat and the achievement unlocked straight ahead... recon points or killroy i dont remember. But me... im gonna do it the right way, finding them one by one.

I remember back in the time i was impressed to see people with 100k gamerscore, but today i realize they where just cheap booster and didnt do half of them the right way. My motto is if you cant get it legit, then i dont care getting them at all. I sat trought torture winning 30 games of survival mode in Resident Evil 5... god i hated so bad this mode and curse more in one game than in 3 days normally... but i did it, and im pride to have this game completed.¸

If you think im a "troll" or a gnome or whatever fantasy creature you young internet people like to use, think twice, i am quite the oposite, i am like the sage master of this place, encouraging honest gaming.

Lololololol

you are nothing more than a troll.

Games are meant to be PLAYED. there is no, an never will be any "specific" way to play a game. I enjoy getting achievements, and I will gladly boost to get them, although I much prefer to get them legit. So, by association, I enjoy boosting, proving your statement that nobody can enjoy boosting wrong. If you enjoyed wasting your time, then it wasn't a waste of time.

You claim that these are nothing more than virtual points, and you het nothing from them. Why, then, is there any reason to be so proud to get virtual points legit?

Why can't you just leave people be? There is no need to go to achievement boost threads and tell people the way they play is wrong. The saying "worry about yourself" comes to mind...

And I truly hope you realize I am playing devils advocate, and really the only reason I'm irritated is because you came onto this thread, realized that it was for achievement boosting, and then posted a condescending comment, explaining how the way these people, and others, play their games is wrong, that the way they play VIDEO GAMES is wrong. Srsly. Grow the fuck up, and stop trying to be such a control freak, because let's be honost, there is no way to stop boosting, be it for achievents or your pixels on some Internet leaderboard.

Edited by zombie stomp52

Back to the topic at hand...

Well, after doing everything again (after my file corrupted) I sat here almost all day boosting 500 matches. After over 10 hours, still no effin achievement. First the file corrupted and now a possible achievement glitch? This game is plagued with so many problems, it is sad that the game took 3 years to come out and that its nowhere NEAR polished. Anyone else in the same boat - you swear you have done way more than 500 matches and still no achievement? For people who did get the achievement, please explain what exact methods you used. Hopefully this will still unlock but I hate wasting more time playing without even knowing if I'll ever surely get it. We really need to get the developers to patch this game. Anyone have a link to their official forums or how to contact them? Anyway, it's a shame what happened with Quake Arena because it's a great game but this is a terrible version of it.

My friend and I have been doing One Flag CTF, no bots, and taking turns hosting about every other hour. The Host scores the flag, rinse, repeat. However after about 13 hours of boosting still no achievement for either one of us. We can do a match in probably just under a minute, so low figure on the hourly rate would be 45 matches. If we do that for the 13 hours we are over 500.

Both of us have froze up twice, our saves did not get corrupted though. How did the guy know his save got corrupted above? Would it not allow him to start the game? Or could he tell from his campain progress? Because our campain progress/ multiplayer leaderboard info is all still intact.

I have seen one guy with the achievement though so I would think that it is not completely glitched. I think the achievement may be tied somehow to the host, or maybe we are all doing something wrong to where some of the matches are not counting.

BTW how disapointing is it that most of the games that come out anymore are riddled with glitches and poor quality.

Pfff i dont get it over a 1000 matches played no achievement.

Its starting to get a little frustrating.I would like to know how you guys know your savefile corrupted? Thit you get a message or anything an error maybe...

Thx in advance

And fore the complaining dude go bore someone els ;)