Got intel with cheats and can't get the achievement? Here's your help!

(I know this is repeat information, but I had to dig through 8 pages of naysayers to find the solution, so I'm posting this as, hopefully, a one-stop solution thread that will QUICKLY get people the answer they need. Please sticky?)

As you know, if you have a cheat activated while you collect any piece of enemy intel throughout the game, you are not granted the corresponding achievement(s) (Look Sharp/Eyes and Ears) after you have collected all 15/30 pieces. The intel pieces do not respawn. Furthermore, the data concerning them is stored in your Gamertag, so deleting your saved games/game data does not make them reappear. This has led many to believe there is no possible way to get the achievements after collecting intel with a cheat on.

But you can. It involves a somewhat tricky maneuver... but if you're stuck at 980/1000 gamerscore for Modern Warfare, you will be happy to do whatever it takes.

The YouTube video below explains the procedure for the fix. It involves resetting the intel on your gamer profile, so that you can go back through the game and recollect the intel without cheats on, triggering the achievement. BE AWARE: The video explanation skips a crucial step, without which the procedure will not work. Thus, I have outlined the basic steps below the link; including the one which the video did not. In bold is the step not explicitly mentioned in the video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUGpx5x0a3k&feature=PlayList&p=0F2827CBFCCB1B14&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=14]YouTube - How to Fix Cod 4 Intel Glitch ( NXE )[/ame]

This procedure requires that you be using a wireless controller.

1. At COD4 start screen, log into a gamer profile which has collected no intel in the game (such as a "Guest" profile: if you do not have one, create one).

2. Select the mission F.N.G. and load the mission. The difficulty level does not matter. Steps 3-4 which follow must be completed while the missions is loading.

3. While the mission is loading, quickly sign out of the guest profile, and sign back in with your own profile (the profile on which you used cheats to collect the intel).

4. After your profile is signed in completely (remember to press "A" when it tells you you can't sign into Xbox Live), remove the power pack of your wireless controller.

5. When the mission has finished loading, reconnect the power pack and power up your controller. The game will inform you that your profile was signed out and that you must exit.

6. Sign back out of your profile before returning to the main menu (this is the step which the video excludes, and it is crucial). Then, without a profile loaded, go back to mission select and begin the mission "F.N.G." again. When it asks you to sign in, sign in with your own profile (the profile on which you used cheats to collect the intel).

That's it. When the mission loads, check your intel and you will see that it has been reset; that you have collected 0 of 30 pieces. You may now go back through the game and collect all the intel pieces (without cheats on!), upon which you will receive the proper achievement(s).

Use the YouTube video for further guidance, but remember to follow step 6, which the video excludes. Good luck!

Edited by The Pianistt

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I understand the frustration on the part of those who it isn't working for yet. Keep trying! There are many of us who have done it successfully. Don't give up. Remember to follow all of the steps exactly! I'm going to try to get another YouTube video posted, since the one above was removed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have tried this several times and all the things that are said to supposed to happen are happening but it isn't working. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not the most skilled gamer, but I did this entire game (except no fighting in the war room and mile high club on Vetran). I want 1000/1000 but my son and I goofed around with the camera filters aKa cheats and now I'm screwed.