Achievement Guide + Enemy Guide

Auburok

I'm not sure if I'm mixing up the enemies but it's not possible to jump over the large warrior. I found that you need to take him out by ground pounding near his feet as the opposite colour to him. You can get a couple of hits in then back away a bit before he slams his shield down. You can keep repeating this until he is under 50% health then he starts to fire a beam. Always seems to start on the same colour (the colour he is?) so switch to match and not get hurt then he will swap colours at which point you can ground pound him again. You can also try and use the beam on him when he is firing his beam.

A bomb also seems to take him out in one hit.

I dont think he is talking about the one that has a health bar. The enemy he is talking about has a mace IIRC, and the one your talking about has a funky looking sword

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I'm mixing up the enemies but it's not possible to jump over the large warrior. I found that you need to take him out by ground pounding near his feet as the opposite colour to him. You can get a couple of hits in then back away a bit before he slams his shield down. You can keep repeating this until he is under 50% health then he starts to fire a beam. Always seems to start on the same colour (the colour he is?) so switch to match and not get hurt then he will swap colours at which point you can ground pound him again. You can also try and use the beam on him when he is firing his beam.

A bomb also seems to take him out in one hit.

Edit: Actually I think I am mixing it up with a mini-boss perhaps?

Yeah :/ I'll post boss strategies for not getting hit, and for both types of minibosses soon. Sorry. Swamped with school. I got out the stuff people were asking for first (Mark guide) so that they wouldn't have to wait while I try to get my ed-u-macation.

EDIT: Scratch that. I got hit once and I beat your score. I think if I can keep my same strategy and not get hit I can take 1st

Good luck. You'll have to break 7.2 million now. Got hit once, but beating it with the better half of 10 minutes left is probably going to be my limit.

I was just looking over your enemy guide and noticed Polarity Fish. That's what I called them when I first saw 'em, too! XD

I know, right? I keep having to correct myself because the game refers to the two different colors as "alignments", but polarity fish sounds better to me. I hate them, though, I hate all enemies in Eternity levels more. "I'm light. No, no I'm dark. Wait, I'm light. Screw it, I'm dark."

Good luck. You'll have to break 7.2 million now. Got hit once, but beating it with the better half of 10 minutes left is probably going to be my limit.

I know, right? I keep having to correct myself because the game refers to the two different colors as "alignments", but polarity fish sounds better to me. I hate them, though, I hate all enemies in Eternity levels more. "I'm light. No, no I'm dark. Wait, I'm light. Screw it, I'm dark."

thats when I usually go "o, you wanna **** with me, then I smite you!" then no more switching for them :uzi:

thats when I usually go "o, you wanna **** with me, then I smite you!" then no more switching for them :uzi:

Tell that to the Eternity level. When I wrote the guide for the marks, I skipped every enemy. Absolutely every one. It's the one level I don't really want to play in arcade. I rue the day I sit and try to get a high score in that level. RUE IT.

Kay. Got a final to sleep for. I'll resume work on the enemy guide after that mess. If anyone has a capture card and Outland, would it be possible to get some enemy pictures? I'd gladly give credit; taking photos of the TV looks like butt, and I'm almost at the point of removing the existing pictures. This wouldn't be an issue if the game had names for the enemies that I could just reference, but not the case. :/

I keep having to correct myself because the game refers to the two different colors as "alignments", but polarity fish sounds better to me.

Bah, the game is pretty shameless about the other games it draws concepts from (not that that's a bad thing,) so I don't see the point in using different terminology when we've been using Polarity since what, 2003?

I mean hell, the bullet sprites are similar and the laser animations are near identical to projectiles in Ikaruga, and the colour schemes too!

You forgot the giant warrior, the one with the sword and shield. It has a health bar. Guess it like a mini boss, he blocks everything from the front and you can't jump over him. I have fought two so far, the first one I killed with a bomb and the second I had to use the slide move to go under his shield and kick him in the ankles. After you land the hit, he jams his shield into the ground for a moment. It sends out a slight shock wave, so jump over that. When the shield is in the ground his head is exposed, so jump and land a few hits with the sword. Rinse and Repeat.

You forgot the giant warrior, the one with the sword and shield. It has a health bar. Guess it like a mini boss, he blocks everything from the front and you can't jump over him.

Yup, he's a miniboss and not a regular enemy, so I'm saving him for the "Boss" section when I write it tomorrow. Game's only been out a week, and I have finals.

I have fought two so far, the first one I killed with a bomb and the second I had to use the slide move to go under his shield and kick him in the ankles. After you land the hit, he jams his shield into the ground for a moment. It sends out a slight shock wave, so jump over that. When the shield is in the ground his head is exposed, so jump and land a few hits with the sword. Rinse and Repeat.

He also uses a beam of his alignment that he'll wash over you, swap it to the other alignment to wash over again, and then finally one more wash with his alignment. Getting too close during that initiates his shield pound, but when he's shooting the beam of his opposite alignment, feel free to jump up and slap him in the face a bunch for free hits. Smite works on him for a little extra damage.

However, I want to detail the locations of all three in the guide (bombs are easier to use, but I think there's only one bomb dispenser near the first one), so I'm holding off on it for another day. I also need to write a guide for the large serpent mini boss, and all the regular bosses, so I'm a bit behind thanks to the Mark guide. :/

I uploaded some videos on YouTube for some of the more challenging Achievements. You may use them in the first post if you want. Again, thanks for this guide.

"Survivor" Achievement - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akHlW-yHVTc]YouTube - Outland "Survivor" Achievement Guide[/ame]

"Untouchable" Achievement - [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QP05qIINNUQ]YouTube - Outland "Untouchable" Achievement Guide[/ame]

I uploaded some videos on YouTube for some of the more challenging Achievements. You may use them in the first post if you want. Again, thanks for this guide.

"Survivor" Achievement -

"Untouchable" Achievement -

Cool, thanks! I'm going to rework the guide a bit, and I'll include the videos after I finish the boss guide and now apparently need to redo the maps for the Marks guide. Only been away a few days from home and things piled up.

I'll probably get to the guide itself tomorrow after my appointment; I'll credit you, of course. :D

• 2 weeks later...
MINI-BOSS GUIDE:

Warrior Mini Boss:

You first encounter these guys in the City. They are massive shield warriors with swords. They have a few basic attacks: a slash, a shield stomp, and a beam attack. Mostly this boss takes patience and reading his movements. When he throws his arms back wide, he is about to do an overhead sword slash. It's easy to dodge this. He'll do it when you're medium range from him. When you are closer, he will pound the ground with the edge of his shield, which does a small splash of damage. This is one of his vulnerable moments where you can slash at his face, as it's the only weak point he has. Give him three slaps and back off. Once you knock him down about 1/2 way, he'll begin to use his beam move. The "read" for this attack is a motion that looks like coughing. His move starts out as his alignment, then switches to the opposite alignment, then back sweeping up and down each time. Getting too close interrupts this and begins his shield pound, but if you can jump in when he's using his opposite polarity, you can score some extra hits and interrupt the beam attack

Smite does a small amount of extra damage, and I don't recommend charged attack as the close range of it can get dicey. Beam doesn't work too well, but it's possible to use it. Bombs will instantly kill him (only the first one of these is near a bomb dispenser). He's not very difficult, and just requires time to kill him without getting hit.

I have a quick way to deal with this (too bad i don't have any camera to record it):

-It is simple to reduce its heath to 1/2, just get close enough and slash his leg (low slash). When he begins to stomp to shield, get back and repeat.

-The last is easy as above, just slash his face with opposite polarity when he is attacking with a beam.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the guide, it helped me a lot against the giant shielded warriors.

I have a question. I just beat the game, and I wondered if I could fight the bosses without resarting a new game or having to do a whole area in arcade mode ?

The boss fights were really awesome, and I wish I could do them again.

Found a good spot for "That's Teamwork". It's in "Jungle Highlands" way up at the top of the stage near the Crystal of Life. There's a red flower there spitting dark energy at you, and a Kamikazer up on the hill. Just jump the flower, get the Kamikazer's attention, jump it and it should kill the flower and give you the achievement.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...