Season Two speculation (huge season one spoilers, obviously)

So we know that season two is coming. What we don't know is what that means. Who is season two going to focus on? Who are we going to play as? What will become of Clem, Christa, and Omid? Did Kenny live? Who were those two figures in the post credits cutscene?

So many questions and no answers to give.

So here's where we can speculate about what's going to happen in season two of The Walking Dead. I've seen several different theories such as:

• In season two we will play as Clementine.
  • We'll play as a new character who will meet Clementine.
  • The two figures at the end were Christa and Omid.
  • The two figures at the end were entirely new characters.
  • One of the two figures at the end will be the protagonist for season two.

And some things to keep in mind:

• The game makes a point to tell you "Clementine will remember that." in your final moments with her. Would they do this if she wasn't going to be involved with season two?
  • Telltale has said to not erase your saves for season one as it will have an impact on season two.

With those things in mind I'm am positive Clementine will be involved with season two in some capacity. I'm also thinking the two figures at the end were Christa and Omid since it looked like the countryside and the two of them wanted to get there. One of the figures also looks significantly shorter than the other and Omid's short stature was a running joke ever since you meet up with him. And I may be wrong but it looked like, to me anyway, the shorter figure stumbled a bit. Omid's leg is still pretty banged up.

So what are you guys expecting from season two? Feel free to share any theory you have.

So much speculation and so much to get ready for. >=p

First--Kenny is dead lol. If you kept Ben, he goes back to try and help him and dies, if not he still meets his maker.

In season two we will play as Clementine.

We'll play as a new character who will meet Clementine.

The two figures at the end were Christa and Omid.

The two figures at the end were entirely new characters.

One of the two figures at the end will be the protagonist for season two.

I would think we would play / interact with Clem. Too much done in Season 1 to just start a whole new game with Season 2. I like the idea of that being Christa and Omid a lot which would help transfer a lot of the likable aspects to the new season. I also can see the new protagonist theme getting played in too! There is so much I'm getting overly excited lolol.

Either way I think they made a solid fan base for their game--that's for sure. :p

I'm also sure that Kenny died (I saved Ben in episode four so Kenny went down to save him after Ben fell). Though several people have pointed out we never see/hear him die. But I think they're just being blindly optimistic. It seems unlikely that Kenny made it out of that situation. And, if he's dead, at least he can finally be with Katjaa and Duck again.

Maybe Telltale themselves aren't even sure what they want to do with Kenny. The stats at the end even avoid trying to say he was "dead" and instead say he was "lost to the herd trying to protect Ben".

Even though they've already confirmed it, I wish Telltale wouldn't continue off of season one. Having an ending such as the one for season one really promotes a rich game world that allows US to formulate a conclusion to the story, bulking up some discussions to the likes of what's being done here in these forums. That way, we won't just be like, "Yeah. Sick nasty ending. Good job Telltale." Players actually take into account their journey through the game, and apply their experience to the ending and come up with their own conclusion based off of their journey, as well as the actions and characteristics of a person in the game world.

The ending to Season one was so bittersweet and perfect, like that of Christopher Nolan's Inception. He's not making an Inception 2, is he?

IS HE?

$

The one thing that kind of worries me is that I hope season two doesn't just retread the same ground of season one by presenting us with the same types of choices like save this person or that person, kill or don't kill this guy, etc. They need to come up with a way for what they plan to do in season two feel fresh and new.

• 4 weeks later...

I hope and believe that they will include Clem for season 2

The relationship between Lee and Clem was so touching,,, And when Lee died I burst into tears because I felt sorry for Clementine for losing all her loved ones (Parents, Lee),,, Clementine was a charachter that most of the players grew into, so it would be a bad move not to continue her story.

• 2 months later...

I believe the 2 people on the hillside will vary depending on how you handled the last chapter. Like TTG is supposedly saying, dont erase your saves because it will affect the next season.

If you tell Clem to find Christa and Omid, I bet its them. If you choose one of the other choices (dont trust anyone, or find someone or something along those lines) it won't be them, it will be some new characters. That's my thoughts.

As for who you will play as, I don't think it will be Clem. She isn't as versatile of a character as Lee was. I find it hard to believe they can base a whole season with her as the playable character.

• 2 weeks later...

what about Vernon and his patients didn't they take the boat what happened to them and what if season two is set a few years on and you play as a older clementine and the opening cut scene shows what shes gone through in all the years and says not a day doesn't go by that she doesn't think of lee etc

All I can hope is that we play as someone from the first series. Everyone who buys the second series will be buying it off the back of the first. Any other new character who they introduce as a central role would now suffer as a comparison to Lee, IMO anyway. As a second series of the first game it must feature a direct continuation of the story or they wouldn't try and tie them together.

• 4 months later...

The feeling I got about Kenny in the save Ben option was that if they were both to be dead, you don't hear the screams of anyone getting eaten as he put his head against Bens and shot them both (its what I would like to do in a situation where I knew we would die, but I don't think the calibre of bullet would be strong enough to necessarily penetrate through both), and I guess the other options reason could be he ran and just didn't make it.

On the survival side of the game, maybe he went down a manhole at the last second or through a window down there or something, and the non Ben version he runs away and makes it out alive.

Side note. Saddest ending to anything I've watched/played in a long time.

• 1 month later...

I want the next season to be a completely different story, because i am starting to lose track of all the information i have told everybody. Its hard to be a pathological liar. How the heck do i do this on a regular basis?:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
and what about all the characters from "400 Days" ?

With the way things were set up at the end of that DLC, who knows. You could have a couple of guys go off with that one chick to that survivor camp, and you could have some folks remain at that campfire. Maybe all of them might have gone with that woman, or all of them might have stayed at the camp.

Either way, Telltale seemed eager to spread out character development in 400 Days and expand the universe of their game, I'd expect to see those guys make a return in season 2.

I'm not sure how I feel on playing a season 2. In my mind Telltale's TWD was all about the relationship between Lee and Clem, it was tough to see them take such a sharp turn from that relationship back in July. I don't want to see the story continue much further without Lee, heh. One of my favorite characters in a videogame.

And Telltale still needs to bring Tales of Monkey Island to XBLA...I want to play it on the 360 soooo bad.