Achievement Guide and Road Map

h4mm32

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most RPGs do not take 100 hours.

Is there any evidence or are you just shooting in the dark?

That was a shot in the dark yes.. most rpg's i play take at least that long.. this game could be 100 hours if you do everything. But as mentioned with an 8 hour 2nd playthrough possible on hard.. it seems that this one won't.

Another relatively short JRPG is Enchanted Arms.. and Phantasy Star Universe (not counting the online) I like a longer game.. guess that's why i'm playing Star Ocean as well

Can anyone tell me if the riposte achievement can be done with a staff? I'm going for filling up my sorcery abilities but want to get all achievements in one playthru so I'm leaving the might abilities. Thanks in advance.

all the class trees, might, sorcery, and finesse have the special attack out of parry the far left weapon specialization tree is the fourth tier up requiring you to have spent at minimum 50 points in the tree seeing as you start with one point in everything you'd have to be at least level 17 to get this

That was a shot in the dark yes.. most rpg's i play take at least that long.. this game could be 100 hours if you do everything. But as mentioned with an 8 hour 2nd playthrough possible on hard.. it seems that this one won't.

Another relatively short JRPG is Enchanted Arms.. and Phantasy Star Universe (not counting the online) I like a longer game.. guess that's why i'm playing Star Ocean as well

In all fairness, Star Ocean is only long BECAUSE of the achievements. My Chaos playthrough took 15 hours....

"Elixir of Fate" was a no-go for me. Can anyone confirm whether or not it has to be done in the "Create" feature? I made a potion with the Essence of Fate thru Experimentation.

Confirmed.

In order to get this achievement, you have to CREATE a potion with Essence of Fate as one of the ingredients. Creating the potion via the EXPERIMENT function does not count.

Note: Be sure to have at least two Essence of Fate Regeants before attempting this achievement.

Uduath Cave is a great spot to harvest Edleweis Reagents.

Edited by Method

A Wink and a Smile

Not entirely sure, but this may be missable!

It unlocked for me right near the end and after 140 sidequests.

I reloaded a lot when i failed an attempt, so my guess is if you fail too many, you won't get this achievement!

This achievement is probably the biggest timesink in the game, cos it's impossible for now to tell which quest/npc has a persuasion option.

Loremaster

And a tip on the fall/autumn lorestones, i missed 4 and noticed that they all were in a location with the same icon as Agnur Farhal. I don't remember the names, but this sure as hell narrowed the search down, since the IGN guide doesn't have the locations for these lorestones complete.

Thank you for the tip on the fall lorestones, finally got my 1000 with one in Mordus-Torr.

Tip for looting and pickpocketing to avoid capture: When you press 'A' to view the contents of the NPC or Object, you'll notice a % showing how likely you are to get caught. If you exit out by pressing 'B' and immediately enter back in by pressing 'A' you'll notice that this % number begins to drop...

if you continue doing so, you have a great chance of lowering the % to Zero.

I found the best place to do my pickpocketing was in Gorhart (of course). Stood behind the shopkeeper in the blacksmithing building, and stole every item from her (she has over 10 items). If I got caught (was at like 12-13% chance of it) I simply paid the fine and went back to work. No need to exit between pickpocketing items either...I got my last 7 or so in one button-mashing trip :p

Tip for looting and pickpocketing to avoid capture: When you press 'A' to view the contents of the NPC or Object, you'll notice a % showing how likely you are to get caught. If you exit out by pressing 'B' and immediately enter back in by pressing 'A' you'll notice that this % number begins to drop...

if you continue doing so, you have a great chance of lowering the % to Zero.

it should naturally go down the more time you've spent in stealth unseen.

My first achievement was juggler and I got it in the tutorial. Pressing x then x rapidly worked great!

OP: you don't need to be so windy and long-worded. With regards to juggler achievement all you need to do is paraphrase what someone said then at the bottom write "credit xxxxx"

It makes the guide easier to read and looks nicer and cleaner. Just a friendly tip.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/1567/UPuqx7k=.jpg Out of your League 20http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.png

Kill an enemy 4 levels higher than you.

The levels of enemies can be seen by the colour of their name plate above their head. Yellow is your level, orange is two levels above you, and red is four. Simply venture to unknown areas using your map http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/misc/back.png to find a red tagged enemy. To make the fight simple save a reckoning ability with which to kill him. The damage from your attacks will help kill any surrounding creatures and easily help you dispatch the mob. if you leave the starting zone for the zone to the south east "haxhi" you should be able to find a thresh that's easy to kill especially with DLC armor and weapons and reckoning. you can also go east to apotyre before level 11 (guaranteed). there you will find the motus mining headquarters east of white stone. in the basement you will find 7-8 Red tagged skeletons you can kite and kill with a ranged weapon without taking damage... i used chakrams and the level 1 lightning bolt i got from the tutorial.. it took roughly 2 minutes to kill just one and about 8-10 to kill all of them.

I just wanted to confirm for those who waited until later in the game to attempt this achievement the skeletons were still marked red when I was level 12.

you can also get the out of your league achievement at the same time as the jailbreak one if you do it in the first town you encounter, make sure you have a full fate bar before doing this. after selecting the going jail option, pick the lock netting you the jailbreak achievement, then wait for the guards to leave the area and get your equipment back. right next to the chest is a lever that will open a cell that has an unarmed prisoner. simply go into reckoning mode, beat him down and press the A button. once you finish him off the achievement will pop. I did it when I was lvl 1.

you can also get the Reckoning Rampage one in the first town too. make sure you save or you will have a huge bounty, also I had the pre-order armor from Gamestop so I don't know if it will work for everyone, just attack a guard and select the resist arrest option. then run around until there are more than 5 enemies attacking you just to be safe. enter reckoning mode and beat down as many as you can, go up to one, hit the A button, once the animation of you killing that enemy is over all the ones you had down will die also and the achievement should unlock

There must be more to "Green Thumb" than meets the eye. I have 10 or more of every possible Reagent and I didn't get the achievement. The only thing I can think of is that it's holding against me the fact that I found some of my Reagents in treasure chests and thru looting vice gaining them thru pure harvesting.

if this is the case, I've got to find a harvest spot for Scarab Salts. It's the only Reagent I have 10 of that I don't have a harvest spot for.

Anyone else have this achievement that can confirm?

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1567/UPpKPyo=.jpg Niskaru Slayer 20http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Kill 25 Niskaru.

You will get this with natural story progression, thanks to rokkyrok for this info

Theres an "Infinite" Niskaru spawn during "The Erathell's Blessing" side quest in Ayten.

Go to Ayten (first city along the road in the Plains of Etrathell) and talk to Singing Nell. She'll give you a quest to activate the 5 Windstones at Ayten Circle. The trick is NOT to activate them in the correct order. (Lowest, Low, Medium, High, Highest). Starting at any one stone activate each stone in a counter/clockwise motion. This will summon a Niskaru. Defeat and repeat.

Edited by tkhbecker

It would be cool. If we could list the individual sidequests needed for the complete X storyline achievements. If anyone knows them that would be great!

house of ballads is literally back to back the only way you can turn it down is if you say "no not at this time" the war sworn and travellers missions are the same for me so far, haven't done sorrows or scholia yet. as long as you follow the intro missions which I've posted so far you're golden