X360A vs PS3T competition

Creech

http://gfxuploader.com/images/sym28ynp2551b1qu3k3t.png

The members of X360A and PS3T will be competing head to head in a tournament that coincides with the GSL and THL on each site.

Qualifications:

In order to participate in the competition, you must meet the rules to participate in the individual site competitions, either THL or GSL. You must sign up by the deadline with a team of four as posted on the individual sites.

Number of Participants:

The admins of each site will ensure there are an equal number of participants. If one site has more teams sign up than the other, certain teams will be designated by the admin as not contributing to the cross-site competition.

Competition Period:

The competition will start on September 29th, 2013 at 0800 PT and run for 8 weeks, ending on December 1st at 0800 PT.

Scoring:

Scoring will be determined by the total number of achievements unlocked compared to the total number of trophies unlocked.

Disqualifications:

Participation in this competition requires you comply with the rules of the individual site competitions. If you become disqualified for any reason, your entire contribution will be removed from the tallies for the competition.

Special rules:

On PS3T, no auto-unlock games are permitted, as is stated in the standard THL rules. On X360A, Fallout 3 PC is not permitted to count for the cross site competition, but can be used for the GSL scoring purposes.

Prizes:

The participants on the winning site will be awarded a special badge...as will the losers. Also, individual and team MVP awards will be handed out the participants on both sites who led the overall contribution.

The Gamerscore League forum can be found here. It contains threads to help you create a team, officially sign up, and talk with fellow competitors.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, didn't use my banner... *cough* here it is *cough*

Just signed our team up! Just got to get our name sorted now!

You're stuck with that team name!!! HAHAHAHA!!

The rules clearly stated no editing your post, it's final!

<insert evil laugh here>

From the sign up thread:

Please note that once information is posted in this thread, it is considered final.
Edited by Grifter Reborn

I dunno that duck face is pretty awful, but something absolutely terrible to commemorate the inaugural cross-site war should be in order :)

Like.... when we win the PS3T guys have to wear a "Tunnel Snakes!! I mean... x360a Rules!" badge or something.

Trust me. The lose awards will suck a little but it won't be a Duckface, it'll be worse. I've been asked to design them but some ideas have been thrown about.

You're stuck with that team name!!! HAHAHAHA!!

The rules clearly stated no editing your post, it's final!

<insert evil laugh here>

Didn't mention names. Yeh it says final but goes on to say about people dropping out. Either way, it'll be funny to have that name if we aren't allowed to edit that part in.

Who says I'm not in the edit page still because I noticed a link was wrong... ;P

Edited by Nozza

Didn't mention names. Yeh it says final but goes on to say about people dropping out. Either way, it'll be funny to have that name if we aren't allowed to edit that part in.

Who says I'm not in the edit page still because I noticed a link was wrong... ;P

Derp :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

The mighty dragon does not tolerate... stupidity?

Gotta admit that team name is not only funny, but kinda catchy too. :p

Bah. I can live with that team name. Lets hope the others are ok with it... I'm so damn dedicated, I've even done a a GSL team sig!

I do have a question, even though I know you guys have probably already covered it. What about the next-gen stuff. Can you tell us somewhere that this will be ok to use during the contest. Can you be sure that your scans will still work etc.

Would be good to know.

Edited by Nozza

so I read the participation guidelines and something isn't clear. I used to be online all the time. Now I don't have access to online all the time, so I do some offline gaming. Will offline achievements make me ineligible for this event?

Also are we going to be broken down into different teams within the site or one giant team?

Since you guys have no chance of beating us I thought I would stop by and tell you guys of three games with amazingly quick and easy achievements.

They are:

• Uncharted 2
  • God of War 3
  • Ratchet and Clank Future: A Crack in Time

*Runs back to PS3T* :p

Seriously though, good luck guys, you're gonna need it. :woop:

LOL! Yeah, watching the conversation over there compared to over here, I am pretty sure that X360A is going to get completely destroyed. Most folks here are "in it for a casual team" and most folks over there are "LET US BE THE DESTROYER OF X360A!!! RAAAWWWRRRRR!!!"

so I read the participation guidelines and something isn't clear. I used to be online all the time. Now I don't have access to online all the time, so I do some offline gaming. Will offline achievements make me ineligible for this event?

Also are we going to be broken down into different teams within the site or one giant team?

There is nothing in the rules about online vs offline, as long the achievements are legitimately earned. Regarding the GSL, you are broken into teams. Regarding the cross-site competition, the score is site vs site.

Edited by Creech

Guest Scotty
Are we all going to get Duckfaces for our inevitable defeat? :eek:

apparently it's gonna be worse than duckfaces, but i was getting used to mine before it was taken from me. it's the only award i can get now:p

LOL! Yeah, watching the conversation over there compared to over here, I am pretty sure that X360A is going to get completely destroyed. Most folks here are "in it for a casual team" and most folks over there are "LET US BE THE DESTROYER OF X360A!!! RAAAWWWRRRRR!!!"

Our casual teams are gonna wipe the floor with you PS3T punks.

Edited by Gackt

Lol, I'll be going casually so don't expect much trouble from me. ;)

It's probably the sign of an inferiority complex. PS3Trophies feels they need to prove something, while the superior site realises it has nothing it needs to prove.

There is nothing in the rules about online vs offline, as long the achievements are legitimately earned. Regarding the GSL, you are broken into teams. Regarding the cross-site competition, the score is site vs site.

ok, so in order to be in the cross site competition you have to be in GSL?

I'm so confused....