I can't play the game offline!

Most if not all EA RPG games are like that. I know from experience that once you connect online with any of the Mass Effects you need to keep connected or your save files will be corrupted until you connect again. I have read that Dragon Age is the same way too.

Most if not all EA RPG games are like that. I know from experience that once you connect online with any of the Mass Effects you need to keep connected or your save files will be corrupted until you connect again. I have read that Dragon Age is the same way too.

I have played both on and offline in Amalur, Mass Effect 1, and Dragon Age 1 with no problems.

What can happen, and it's rare that this happens anymore, but it still does some. If you get DLC (pre-order and new order bonuses count the same as paid DLC for this purpose) and later your 360 dies you will get a different 360 returned to you. If you aren't online to verify you are the proper owner, the DLC won't load to prevent piracy. Since you used the DLC in the save game, you can no longer load any save games that used DLC. Arcade games revert to trial when offline for the same reason. This is most often the problem when you can't do something offline that you can online.

Have you had your 360 replaced recently? Traded with a friend, bought a new one, had to ship to MS for repair?

Edited by TwistedFate

• 3 months later...

i saw you post and i have the same problem, when play (halo 3 and others) offline i cant load my campain, save data, its almost like im playing on a guess profile because no-matter what i do it doesnt even matter "it wont save or count" i cant even get achevements. But when i play online everything is there, all my saves, custome maps, and i mean all the data from prior before. please email me or reply if you have solved the problem.

i saw you post and i have the same problem, when play (halo 3 and others) offline i cant load my campain, save data, its almost like im playing on a guess profile because no-matter what i do it doesnt even matter "it wont save or count" i cant even get achevements. But when i play online everything is there, all my saves, custome maps, and i mean all the data from prior before. please email me or reply if you have solved the problem.

Anytime something works online and not offline, this is the most likely problem.

If you get DLC (pre-order and new order bonuses count the same as paid DLC for this purpose) and later your 360 dies you will get a different 360 returned to you. If you aren't online to verify you are the proper owner, the DLC won't load to prevent piracy. Since you used the DLC in the save game, you can no longer load any save games that used DLC. Arcade games revert to trial when offline for the same reason. This is most often the problem when you can't do something offline that you can online.

Have you had your 360 replaced recently? Traded with a friend, bought a new one, had to ship to MS for repair?

Transfer the license and redownload the DLC to fix it.

Anytime something works online and not offline, this is the most likely problem.

Transfer the license and redownload the DLC to fix it.

i have gotten a new 360 recently. the old one is broke. how would i transfer data or show that im the original owner. how would i fix this problem?

i have gotten a new 360 recently. the old one is broke. how would i transfer data or show that im the original owner. how would i fix this problem?

From XBox.com:

1. On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE using the gamertag that you used to purchase the content.
  2. Go to the Settings, and then select Account.
  3. Go to Your Billing Options, and then select License Transfer.
  4. Follow the on-screen instructions to transfer the content licenses.

After the licenses are transferred, you need to download the content again to update the local licenses. This way the content can be used by other profiles on your console and when you’re not connected to Xbox LIVE.

------

The redownloading mentioned doesn't take long, it just updates the license. It doesn't actually redownload the whole thing. It's a slight pain, I just had to do it when I upgraded from my launch 360 to a special edition unit recently, but it doesn't take long.

thank you so much. but will this work for games i didnt download (halo 4, perfect dark zero, etc) because not only my downloaded games wont load offline some of my games on disk will not load offline either.

I can't tell you about your on disc games, because I don't know if you have DLC for them or not. You have to determine if you have any DLC for those games. Any DLC bought before you got a new 360 will be affected. Any DLC you got after you got your new 360 will not.

Could it possibly be the "Share Data with EA" setting in the options? If you started a save file with that turned on, then it might affect the entirety of the save, or it might just need to be switched off so the game isn't trying to talk to EA servers as much.

Can't give you a 100% answer, but this would be the setting I would tinker with to potentially alleviate this issue.

Sidenote: So re-dl'ing content AFTER a license transfer just answered a separate head scratcher of mine. Gracias.