New easy money glitch

Nibox

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started a new playtrough with this in mind, so i checked when it keeps respawning or. Took me a lot of saving and lading but finaly i found out the determing factor.

This is how it will work. Gember to not pockets the flower the first time you see it. First time is after going to the ghost hideout for the missing person jobboard mission. The flower will be there just dont pick it het.

Just follow the main storyline till wellspring, do the jobboard mission missing person. Continu main quest untill you have to travel to the mutant bash studio. Before going there go to the ghost hideout again. Pick the flower, enter and leave the hideout and it will respawn.

Good luck

This works, i tried it myself. Thanks for this Nibox

I think it works with the Wasted Garage, because it has the Quake Room. Because you cannot have an active quest for the Wasted Garage to enter the Quake room, the game marks it like an unmarked quest that can never be completed even when going to the room. It would probably work for Ghost Hideout if the Wolfenstein room was still accessible. This is most excellent find indeed.

I was unable to get the flower to respawn by entering/exiting the Ghost hideout. However I drove down to the sewer entrance (by the old guys tent), entered/exited, drove back to the Ghost hideout and the flower had respawned. My current mission was set to "take the toxin to Dr. kavir". Not sure if the that really matters. Hope this helps those of you who, like me did not have the flower respawn w/original method.

For those having trouble getting the flower to re-spawn...

Go to an active mission (not bash tv) and enter it, then exit the mission. The game will tell you that you will lose progress. Head to the ghost hideout and enter and exit. The flower should now be there and and re-spawn each time you enter/exit the ghost hideout.

Hope this helps.

• 1 month later...

hello,

I can't get this glitch to work. At the moment I don't have access to my xbox but I do have internet. Anyway I was trying to find some more info on this glitch. I found the following text on the ps3trophies website:

"If you grab the Comet Bloom early on either before or during the Missing Person quest, you will likely notice that it does not respawn.

The correct point in the game to access this glitch is AFTER completing the Missing Person sidequest from the Wellspring job board. You must leave the Ghost Hideout area completely after finishing the quest and return"

Can anyone confirm whether the timing (with respect to the Missing Person mission) is critical for this glitch?

I would test this myself but I can't access my xbox right now.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmph, i've fuxored up on this playthrough it seems, can't recall where i got my one for the quest from but can't find the one stated in this thread, i've looked on the rage wikia, can see where it should be, so guessing i picked this one and now its gone for good :(

Pic for anyone interested: http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111013023024/rage/images/3/35/2011-10-13_00001.jpghttp://rage.wikia.com/wiki/File:2011-10-13_00001.jpg

Just thought I'd throw out there, that yeah, this glitch may well be 'useful' to people, but it is far from 'needed'. Money really isn't a problem...including Nightmare...I started my playthrough on Nightmare and never had a problem concerning coin. If you wanna stock up on every ammo both gun and buggy, have fun...but for those new players reading this and thinking that this glitch is an 'OMG MUST'...it isn't.

• 2 months later...
After much trial, I can confirm this works after you accept the quest from Richard in The Wellspring Bar!

Does the quest need to be open for it to work? Because i already completed the quest from Richard. I will check later today.

Until this point I'm selling/re-buying my 1 comet flower to halik all the time. Takes a bit longer to get the money, but it also works very well.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The comet bloom wasn't pickable until I started the missing person job

Saved my game at that point and tried to get it to respawn but it failed to do so when I entered and left either the ghost hideout or the wasted garage exit.

I reloaded my save, left the comet bloom alone, and completed the missing person job.

Entering and leaving the ghost hideout still didn't work, but entering and leaving the wasted garage exit did finally cause the bloom to respawn :)

EDIT: Stops working until the comit respawns later on in the game if you don't leave a comet behind when your finished for the time being...

Edited by SpinelesS

• 4 months later...

EDIT: Damn it. Why the hell did they patch it... now it sells for $35 and it costs $43 to buy back. What kind of bs is this. Does the Viper rockets method still work later in the game?

---

Has this been patched? I cannot get it to work at all anymore. Really frustrating because I want to stock up on bandages and pop rockets. :mad:

Edited by Nevander