AMAZING Trick to Spider Farming!

BarbaricGoose

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im looking for anyone who can help me get the Epic Armor Set for ( Cybernetic Champion ) ! Below is a list of the items that i would like help Trading/duplicating/ or selling to me! Also, anyone can reply on here aswell, i will be checking this site quite often for those who are willing to help!

__________________________________________________ ____________

I WILL PAY FOR THE FOLLOWING:

Shoulders: 5 Million Bounty

Chest: 5 Million Bounty

Gloves: 5 Million Bounty

Leggings: 5 Million Bounty

Boots: 5 Million Bounty

Total: 25 Million Bounty

I WILL TRADE THE FOLLOING:

LVL50 The Burning Blade at World's Edge

Damage 2988 Align Cybernetic

Value 328750 Class None

State 3000/3000

LVL50 Stormblades of the Desecrator

Damage 2633 Align Cybernetic

Value 347500 Class Berserker

State 3000/3000

LVL50 Gouging Claws of Fenrir

Damage 2445 Align Cybernetic

Value 312500 Class Berserker

State 3000/3000

LVL50 The Flesh Architect's Incisor

Damage 2299 Align Cybernetic

Value 347500 Class Bio Engineer

State 3000/3000

LVL50 The Reddening-Wolves

Damage 2069 Align Cybernetic

Value 217750 Class Berserker

State 3000/3000

LVL50 Unerring Dreadmark of Skoll

Damage 299 Align Cybernetic

Value 342500 Class Commando

State 3000/3000

LVL50 Storm-Lance of the World Serpant

Value 317500 Class None

State 3000/3000

LVL50 Sacred Honor Blade

Value 342500 Class Defender

State 3000/3000

TO ANYONE WHO IS WILLING TO DUPLICATE:

Will recieve 10 Million Bounty for their Generosity! I MUST RECIEVE EPIC ARMOR FIRST BEFORE PAYING!

• 6 months later...

How the fuck do you kill GRNDL?

My character is Level 50, and I just keep fucking dying over and over again, and as you can tell, it's really pissing me off.

I want to try this method, as this is the last achievement that I need for this. Myabe I will just go back to stupid runes. So sick of this bullshit game.

How the fuck do you kill GRNDL?

My character is Level 50, and I just keep fucking dying over and over again, and as you can tell, it's really pissing me off.

I want to try this method, as this is the last achievement that I need for this. Myabe I will just go back to stupid runes. So sick of this bullshit game.

What class are you?

He's a piece of cake with any sort of ranged weapons, even on a berserker (it just takes more time to kill him with low ranged skill).

But then again, spider farming isn't going to be too easy without some sort of ranged attack.

Either way, GRNDL is easy:

1. shoot him once he pops out of the ground, continual fire

2. backpedal when he charges while firing (simply backpedaling will allow you to get out of melee range)

3. when he stands up the first time just backpedal while firing into his chest (the exposed gears)

4. then follow step 1 and 2 again until he stands up

5. fire at his head the second time he stands up (holding up on the right stick while keeping right trigger held down) again while backpedaling

Just roll if one of those little flying bastards hooks on to you, otherwise when he runs off to the corner and spits them out, you can just fire at him until he's close again and strafe...that should destroy all of them while you've still got a lock on GRNDL but they fly in front of where you're shooting.

What class are you?

He's a piece of cake with any sort of ranged weapons, even on a berserker (it just takes more time to kill him with low ranged skill).

But then again, spider farming isn't going to be too easy without some sort of ranged attack.

Either way, GRNDL is easy:

1. shoot him once he pops out of the ground, continual fire

2. backpedal when he charges while firing (simply backpedaling will allow you to get out of melee range)

3. when he stands up the first time just backpedal while firing into his chest (the exposed gears)

4. then follow step 1 and 2 again until he stands up

5. fire at his head the second time he stands up (holding up on the right stick while keeping right trigger held down) again while backpedaling

Just roll if one of those little flying bastards hooks on to you, otherwise when he runs off to the corner and spits them out, you can just fire at him until he's close again and strafe...that should destroy all of them while you've still got a lock on GRNDL but they fly in front of where you're shooting.

I don't remember my type of character, he dual wields if that helps.

Otherwise, it's mostly the little buggers that fly around that end up killing me.

I have a plasma cannon, so I maybe try a different type of gun?

The problem is, even leading up to GRNDL and getting through the cavern, I died alot if times. The enemies do large amounts of damage, and I seem to do very little back.

I will try it out again, if I still can't get it, I will continue to farm runes, at least I know it works.

I don't remember my type of character, he dual wields if that helps.

Otherwise, it's mostly the little buggers that fly around that end up killing me.

I have a plasma cannon, so I maybe try a different type of gun?

The problem is, even leading up to GRNDL and getting through the cavern, I died alot if times. The enemies do large amounts of damage, and I seem to do very little back.

I will try it out again, if I still can't get it, I will continue to farm runes, at least I know it works.

Yeah, you're a berserker (only class that can dual wield). In all honesty, that's the worst class for spider farming, as the premise for spider-farming is predicated on long-range damage (at least, that makes it go by much faster). I want to say pistols are usually a little better for berserkers, but none of the long range weapons are going to work well unless you find runes to improve it, and even then you're at a disadvantage to most of the other classes (though I want to say bio-engineers are weak from distance as well...not important for this convo).

You should still be able to do damage using the method I mentioned above, but when I was using my berserker to take on GRNDL, I would wait for him to get close, rip off a couple of melee attacks (just hold, not double tap) and then roll away before he swung. When he stands up is a pain though cause he'll just grab you over and over. That's why I would recommend using range weapons, it'll be slow going as a zerker, but you can widdle him away slowly.

The pistols might help you take out those little flying bastards easier, cause you can lock on more than one at a time. But, especially when using the cannon, try just moving back and forth while locked onto GRNDL, they should fly in between your shots and him, taking them out automatically.

Hopefully that works for you, otherwise it might be worth considering using a commando if you've gone for the "get all classes to level 10" achievement (maybe even if you don't have a commando, depending on how far you are from 7500 drops). Just get him to the point of where the spider is so you can warp levels. It'll probably be easier to use him instead. This trick makes grinding out the items WAY easier.

Yeah, you're a berserker (only class that can dual wield). In all honesty, that's the worst class for spider farming, as the premise for spider-farming is predicated on long-range damage (at least, that makes it go by much faster). I want to say pistols are usually a little better for berserkers, but none of the long range weapons are going to work well unless you find runes to improve it, and even then you're at a disadvantage to most of the other classes (though I want to say bio-engineers are weak from distance as well...not important for this convo).

You should still be able to do damage using the method I mentioned above, but when I was using my berserker to take on GRNDL, I would wait for him to get close, rip off a couple of melee attacks (just hold, not double tap) and then roll away before he swung. When he stands up is a pain though cause he'll just grab you over and over. That's why I would recommend using range weapons, it'll be slow going as a zerker, but you can widdle him away slowly.

The pistols might help you take out those little flying bastards easier, cause you can lock on more than one at a time. But, especially when using the cannon, try just moving back and forth while locked onto GRNDL, they should fly in between your shots and him, taking them out automatically.

Hopefully that works for you, otherwise it might be worth considering using a commando if you've gone for the "get all classes to level 10" achievement (maybe even if you don't have a commando, depending on how far you are from 7500 drops). Just get him to the point of where the spider is so you can warp levels. It'll probably be easier to use him instead. This trick makes grinding out the items WAY easier.

I always liked the the berserker/ barbarian style classes of games, I liked getting right into the foray and beating crap up. And yes, he is a berserker.

I have a level 10 commando already, so i will go and try with him. At least drops will still count overall with him.

I have about 6000 drops right now according to the leaderboard. I understand that the leaderboard isn't always indicative of what your actual drops are, as I hear there is alot of tolerance for it.

Thanks for the help though, I appreciate it. Probably didn't help that I just picked up the game from my stash, expecting to just whiz through it like I've played it for the last 6 months. :p

Oh yeah, don't get me wrong, I love the berserker class. I have 2 main characters, 1 is the commando (mainly for spider farming, but also because he's AWESOME once leveled up to 50 and decked out with some red runes) but the other is my zerker which is definitely the funnest to use. They can just do some much damage, especially when you start throwing ruiners around.

1500 drops still will take probably around a couple hours or so (maybe more) just doing the spider farming, but that's not too far away. If there's anything I might be able to help out with in game (I might have some commando weapons, but I don't know how low a level they are) just holler.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 months later...

holy cow this is awesome! sure beats having to wait 30/40 seconds each time for items to float to me. if anyone still plays this i could use some help. im lvl 50 cybernetic commando. only have epic helmet and rifle. have epic runes and epic pistols. still need the other 5 pieces of armor tho

gt: tough SCHMIDT