Super easy Cool Master!

Play lvl 15 "Searching for Saki" and run past all the zombies (Do not attack any of them!) to the 2 Legions (The Big boss guys). Once you are caged in run behind the Legions and then use Saki's B attack on them to kill them. Then you run to the end. For some resion the B attack counts as a cool attack and does not take any normal strikes against you even if you mess up the timeing on the attack. I messed up a few times and still got the 95% the first try. If your not sure how to do her B attack you start by pressing B to start her charge, then you press B and she should start to pull her fist back. Once this happens you need to press X around the time that she punches and it should do the attack. It may take some practice but its easy to do and Im pritty sure that even if you don't hit X in time the attack wont do damage and doesn't count as an attack and go against your cool %. Note: The charge only seems to work on bosses if you are behind them or to there side.

Do you know if this method can be used to kill Bloodmist zombies as well?

Just tryed it out on a Bloodmist and I can't even grab on to them so it looks like a no. Im pritty sure there are no loopholes to the bloodmists, I even tryed missing with the first hit so only the cool hits hit them, but It didn't work. At least you can keep on hacking at them instead of having to restart every time you don't combo them enough.

I thought I'd throw this in, dealing with cool combos. When I first started getting the cool combos I found it easier to do while in rampage mode and a FULL sword of blood. Seems weird but it slows the blade down (IMO) and makes the timing a tad easier. I'd just only practice on the one in chapter 13 or the one that has the skill bracelet. Once you get that to level 3 cool combos will come very easy.

Im not sure if you even need the bloodmists for the achevements now that I look at the list. With this said and the method I listed above, the only thing you seem to need cool combos for a 1k would be Rampaging Baneful Blood. Unless of corse there is a loophole to that one too.

Im not sure if you even need the bloodmists for the achevements now that I look at the list. With this said and the method I listed above, the only thing you seem to need cool combos for a 1k would be Rampaging Baneful Blood. Unless of corse there is a loophole to that one too.

True, but the braclets could be a lot easier to get some like Berzerk difficulty passed, or for whatever.

True, but the braclets could be a lot easier to get some like Berzerk difficulty passed, or for whatever.

Yeah, that's a good point. I'm going through hard with a completely maxed out Aya, and it does make me worry about what Violent and Berzerk will be like.

Seems that I need to practise those cool combos then... could be a frustrating weekend ahead!!! Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but my attempts so far at mastering the cool combos have been pathetic to say the least!!!! :eek:

Gotta have faith... :) ...this is one game I really want to 1K.

Yeah, that's a good point. I'm going through hard with a completely maxed out Aya, and it does make me worry about what Violent and Berzerk will be like.

Seems that I need to practise those cool combos then... could be a frustrating weekend ahead!!! Don't get me wrong, I love the game, but my attempts so far at mastering the cool combos have been pathetic to say the least!!!! :eek:

Gotta have faith... :) ...this is one game I really want to 1K.

Violent may be tough but Berzerk was a piece of cake once I got the bracelet from beating Violent. You'll see what I meen.

Edit: So you play as Aya eh? Im a Saki player myself.... maybe I will post a poll on what your fav char is, Unless there already is one.

Edited by Dracthor
Just cause.

Violent may be tough but Berzerk was a piece of cake once I got the bracelet from beating Violent. You'll see what I meen.

Edit: So you play as Aya eh? Im a Saki player myself.... maybe I will post a poll on what your fav char is, Unless there already is one.

Ooooh, sounds intriguing. If I can make it through Violent. Or Hard, even. :)

I concentrated on Aya because I disliked Saki's normal X button combo, the one which ends in her 'bumping' into enemies, and she makes a really annoying 'tsch' sound. That was my hardcore strategy behind the decision. :)

Right, I'm off to vote for Aya! :)

I want to thank you Dractor for your great tip! I thought I would be stuck on 780 points with this game. It took me awhile to figure out the combo (for those who still have a hard time figuring out what to do: stand behind the boss, hit B,B (fast), wait a second or so, and then hit X), but when I knew what to do I was done in a few minutes. Once again: thank you for the 110 points! :)

This might seem a bit off topic, but how exactly did you get to level 100 in hard? I just beat normal and I'm lvl 25. Would the best solution be to go back in normal and do the quests and gain exp at the same time, going to survival to grind, then going into hard? or is hard doable at lvl 25?

I'll probably figure this out soon enough, but I might as well pitch that out there incase I can get a thorough answer rather than guessing.

Edited by ParoXyzm

Berzerk was a breeze :p I got Saki and Anna to 100 by playing survival mode. I went up to 6-3 O.O

Aya from playing the story with her, Also I have the challenging bracelet (makes yellow orbs worth more) at level 3, it helps a lot at leveling.

Reiko is about 30, a work in progress.

This might seem a bit off topic, but how exactly did you get to level 100 in hard? I just beat normal and I'm lvl 25. Would the best solution be to go back in normal and do the quests and gain exp at the same time, going to survival to grind, then going into hard? or is hard doable at lvl 25?

I'll probably figure this out soon enough, but I might as well pitch that out there incase I can get a thorough answer rather than guessing.

Yeah, I boosted my characters by doing chapters for the quests, such as Genocider and Technical Master. In that way I had Aya all maxed out by the end of Normal. I'm now half way through Berzerk, with Saki and Annna both around 70.

Personally, I'm not too sure about using Survival... takes a very long time to get through!!!! You might be better off spamming chapter 1 over and over on a higher difficulty level... I got some fairly good results doing that, and you can rush through it in around a minute.

I don't know why, but... I love grinding! :Bounce: Never seems to bore me...

Berzerk was a breeze :p I got Saki and Anna to 100 by playing survival mode. I went up to 6-3 O.O

Aya from playing the story with her, Also I have the challenging bracelet (makes yellow orbs worth more) at level 3, it helps a lot at leveling.

Reiko is about 30, a work in progress.

Geezer... 6-3?!?!?! That's amazing!!!!!

Hats off to you! :bow:

How long did that take you? Took me over 2 hours just to do 1-56 !!! :eek:

Geezer... 6-3?!?!?! That's amazing!!!!!

Hats off to you! :bow:

How long did that take you? Took me over 2 hours just to do 1-56 !!! :eek:

I did it over a 2 week span or so, you can have interm saves for that mode, but any other save will overwrite it. Check it out, the Bonuses at the end are HUGE!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SfKNzXbWao]YouTube - Onechanbara Survival Mode[/ame]

Well, I finally got up the courage to try for the Cool achievement... Dracthor, that works like a charm, such a brilliant tip. This should be included in the achievement guide, no doubt. :Bounce:

Now for the small matter of Rampaging Baneful Blood!!!!!! :eek:

The baneful blood thing was easyer then I thought it would be.

Glad I could help with the cool master.

• 1 month later...
I have no idea how you people pull of those cool combo's without the meter underneath, I have no way to time them, no idea what the hell to do.

For me, these stupid cool combos have completely ruined an otherwise very pleasing gaming experience.

Hey Grummy!

Sorry to hear that cool combos are giving you grief... they caused me pain too. I posted a little tip for cool combos here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=152496

The above is useful for the Rampaging Baneful Blood achievement.

As for Cool Combo Master, as Dracthor pointed out, there is no need to use actual cool combos on that one... Saki's B attack (for some reason) counts as one. To pull it off, hit B, B, X. Try it in practice mode first. Note that it will not work on normal enemies... I spent ages trying to practice it on a normal zombie! :) Practice it against the same sort of enemy that appears at the end of level 1 and 15 (cannot remmeber what they are called now, sorry!). Also, you must be behind your target. Level 15 is the best place to do it for real. Just run past all of the regular enemies, then go for the bosses using only the B attack. Just make sure that you are *behind* the boss, else it will not work.

Hope this all helps, and the best of luck to you!

Edited by Ooyah
Extra info

• 4 weeks later...