Rockstar Don't Recommend Play Disc Installation

iBuzz7S

i actually had a sandisk cruzer glide usb layin around my apartment but when i put it in the xbox, it formatted but then told me that it does not meet xbox360 performance recommendations or something to that nature

i am downloading the play disc to the usb now but should i be worried about the warning message i got?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i actually had a sandisk cruzer glide usb layin around my apartment but when i put it in the xbox, it formatted but then told me that it does not meet xbox360 performance recommendations or something to that nature

i am downloading the play disc to the usb now but should i be worried about the warning message i got?

Sometimes you get those messages and it doesn't matter. Other times the USB is really really slow. If the device is USB 2.0 compliant, you're probably fine, and with that particular USB, I think you'll probably be fine.

Sometimes you get those messages and it doesn't matter. Other times the USB is really really slow. If the device is USB 2.0 compliant, you're probably fine, and with that particular USB, I think you'll probably be fine.

thanks for the reply

my brother has a compatible usb stick that he will give me next time i see him

it's not a huge deal either way, i am just annoyed by the noise the xbox makes when it's reading the game from the actual disc, sounds like the damn machine is posessed

I had both installed on HDD and had a lot of pop ups during fast driving and movie parts.. uninstalled the play disc and had no problems what so ever..I think it's only a problem with older 360's mines a original ..My son has newer 360 and has both installed and has not had any problems..

I played a few hours without installing disk 2 today, then decided to install it. I think I'm going to keep it this way. I'm pretty sure the human eye can't even see the different this makes, and a quieter Xbox is nice.

What size TV do you play on? I'm curious because I'm sure any teeny flaws would be slightly more visible on a bigger set. Though definitely minimal at best.

I don't even know what to do anymore. I don't want my 360 making too much noise, but I don't want to have persistent lag for the pop-ins/ups. And who knows if I can find an 8GB flashdrive around my house.

You need a 16gb flash drive btw, it wont fit on the 8gb after it is formatted for xbox storage.