Hardest and / or most annoying parts of Afro Samurai

Kebabsaurus Rex

1. Empty Seven Waves Of Enemies

parry is your biggest friend here. here are the tactics for every type of enemy. it's really easy as it sounds:

Ninja: RT (parry) followed by perfect horizontal slice (aimed down or up, depends on the enemy's move), here you can always punce A + X but this has to be done really quick and even this doesn't grant the success, so it's definitely safer to just perfect slice that Ninja

Kunoichi: RT (parry) followed by A (punce) and imidiately X

Big Guy with Big Sword: RT (parry) followed by A (punce) and imidiately Y (never X)

this also works magic on hard which makes the waves really easy. you just have to forsee which enemy is going to hit you next. it is easy because they always attack one after another.

2. Not skipping cutscenes

damn, I forgot about this ! : P

it looses only with Brother 6 with flamethrower.

Yeah Zim i seen a lot of people getting stuck on the Empty Seven wave of enemies on Hard mode but i passed it on my first try because of Parry Counterattacks.

Honestly if you can manage to beat Kuma on Hard, you'll have more then enough Parry know-how to pass the Empty Seven level. That dude really required you to perfect your Parrying skills. The big guys with the flags on their back were kinda hard to parry though. Sometimes they attack when i least expect them and i get hit which hurts me big time.

you're right Kuma on hard tests one's parry skills to the limit.

it's difficult to parry the big guy while he is charging. I never know exactly when they start doing their attack which is crucial parry-wise.

other than that their standard double slice is easy to parry. they are rather slow.

I honestly went thru the whole game on normal and hard and never used parry. I also didnt know that afro could run by clicking L3 until after i had the full 1000. Maybe thats why the empty seven was so hard for me. Either way it was a fun game and Ill still play it even tho Im done with it.

• 2 months later...

unskippable cut scenes - why - i have just heard justice's rant at least 25 times

brother 6 - at least his other brothers weren't so evil

bullet slicing - i finally get it and there's no one to use it on

parrying - i just suck, Jinno made life difficult on normal - dreading him on hard

EDIT: forgot to add the body-part-poker for samurais, both male and female

Edited by vetteindreams

Hard moments were Brother 6 with flamethrower, Brother 6 with stick and trying to time a number of consecutive parry's against Kuma.

Whilst the annoying parts were the bad camera, the bad platform-ness, Justice's first phase, the body part poker challenges and the unskippable cutscenes

Flamethrower brother until I figured out I can actually jump on his head when he crouches down.

Stick brother. I didn't die..but I couldn't hear the sound of the game either, one more smack and I was done for..but the fight was really long for me.

And the Empty Seven Part II beginning. Yeah, parry is your friend, but the stupid assholes I somehow three times in a row could not parry to save my life, then the time I got suicide queens, I managed to parry every single flag fucker. And then go on to beat the game.

kk thanks for the help it figures that i would have to do the one thing thaat i cant actually do in the game i also slice to early or i get hit it really annoys me

and yeah i can avoid his grenades and because i never get up to the point where the minions come out i aint had the chance but thanks nevertheless

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Fuc#ing boss fights on this game are soooo annoying. Not so much that there difficult but it takes so damn long to wear the fuc#ers down. Like the boss where you have to attack him from behind, he's a right pain in the arse. Other than the boss fights, the game is fairly enjoyable.

Everything in this game is pretty easy aside from these stupid poker challenges. I don't like having to do the same thing over and over relying on luck to get me through it. I've been fighting these samurais for over an hour now and I think I'm about ready to snap this disc in two.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

1. Flamethrower on Hard

2. Kuma on Normal... I tried to parry him then, but I sucked at the time so this took me a while then I finally just started hacking on him and when I fought him on hard I zipped through it.

3. Learning how to cut off hands in Body Part Poker!! I would have to wait until I got them randomly before trying the others. I was lucky enough to get these fairly quickly so it wasn't too big of an issue.

This was one of my favorite games to play and I think it was mainly because of Ninja Ninja (Samuel L Jackson). "Could you be more specific? He's killed a LOT of motherfuckers.."

• 1 month later...

It has got to be, by far, Kunoichi Straight Flush.

First of all, against all ninjas the body part you sever is almost completely luck-based since they either crouch or jump or feint as you slice. You can control the height you swing at, but depending on their body orientation ypou could sever anything.

What makes the female ninjas worse is that there are only two locations where it is feasible to attempt this, and both have serious drawbacks.

I hate luck-based achievements, and unfortunately so many games have them. Give me skill or endurance any day, as at least I can blame my own crappiness or impatience for not getting them, not some dice roll.