Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Tyger7

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was wondering who was going to attempt the guide. Good luck, Tyger. Looks good for a foundation so far.

Just a heads up on these achievs:

I tried doing the hobgoblin level and kept botching it. The second level of 2099, Scorpion level, is the easiest to do this. The last part leading to the final fight has a freefall section that is very brief and extremley easy. I did it without having to move Spider-man not once. I suggest that one instead.

I did this one in the Electro level. It's one of the last sections tied to a challenge to wipe out all of the electro creatures in under four minutes. As long as you keep defeating/striking enemies, the rage meter stays put. This area has many streaming enemies that are easy to keep up.

Another stage is Deadpool's stage. The first commercial break has a constant stream of fanboys as well.

If it becomes a problem, just focus on extending your rage meter in the upgrades menu.

If I can make a suggestion for new players: don't buy all the moves or suits. Save all your initial spider essense for the good moves (air and ground recover, extending the X and Y normal combos) AND the moves tied to achievements (disarm, noir charge punch, amazing charge). Don't buy any of the other moves or extra costumes because they're just flashy. You can beat the game/bosses with your basic moveset. This way, you can focus on always upgrading the rage/health/accelerated vision first.

Agree with the Scorpion Level to get the freefalling achievement. That's where I got it.

Carnage level is really easy to get the one minute rage achievement as well. Spam the x button and whip up on the mummified SHIELD agents.

how can you get a platinum in carnage level? i tried like 5 times but keep coming up short, i had up to 22000 and cant seem to get higher.

its hard to toss up the zombies in the air, they keep staying on the ground every time i do.

In the first area just keep jumping up and hitting :ybut: to pound the ground and get your combo up extremely high. You can even get it up to 999 to be safe, then kill the enemies. Other than that, spam :xbut: + :ybut: together to kill everything on the level. You should easily have more than enough points.

thats what i did yesterday Tyger7, i spam the Y but after jumping up getting X999 on mostly any place that had bad guys but came up short to 17000
what i figured out after getting the combo platinum in the carnage level which was the most difficult for me, is that its partially how high you can get your combo but its also what moves you use to get that combo,if you spam the same move over and over you wont be able to platinum the combo portion or maybe just barely on earlier levels,pretty much you just have to mix up your combos,while getting a high combo count and try not to repeat the same move too much. Edited by ONSLAUGHT o

Do you definitely need platinums in all three categories in each level to get a platinum over all?

I did a "quick" runthrough on Kraven's level on hard, and got a gold medal for combo and spider medals, but got platinum (I THINK) on the time (it was like 13 minutes) and it looked like I got a platinum overall.

What color are the platinum medals? Do they basically look the same as silvers?

Do you definitely need platinums in all three categories in each level to get a platinum over all?

I did a "quick" runthrough on Kraven's level on hard, and got a gold medal for combo and spider medals, but got platinum (I THINK) on the time (it was like 13 minutes) and it looked like I got a platinum overall.

What color are the platinum medals? Do they basically look the same as silvers?

They are more of a white color, not a silver color. I have gotten Plat/Plat/Gold and it resulted in a gold before (and in one playthrough i did it)

They are more of a white color, not a silver color. I have gotten Plat/Plat/Gold and it resulted in a gold before (and in one playthrough i did it)

Yeah, I posted the first time at work, and after looking through it when I got home, you can definitely tell the difference between Silver and Platinum.

Thanks for the response.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1419/UPjiTTY=.jpgAmazing! 20 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Complete 4 levels with the highest rank in Hard mode

See "Spectacular!!!" achievement description.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1419/+aR2tg==.jpgSensational!! 30 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Complete 8 levels with the highest rank in Hard mode

See "Spectacular!!!" achievement description.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/achievements/1419/UPkCtaU=.jpgSpectacular!!! 50 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/images/site/gp-g.png

Complete 12 levels with the highest rank in Hard mode

Combo Rating: To get this really easily, just press :ybut: and :bbut: together while you attack enemies (except ones that require a different method to defeat). Also try to chain your combos to all enemies. The higher your combo count, the more essence you gain for defeating enemies (which is what your ranking is based off of).

This method is flawed, it doesn't work on every level. Eight-legged Fury works much better.

This method is flawed, it doesn't work on every level. Eight-legged Fury works much better.

I'll test my scores soon thanks for leting me know

EDIT: Well, I have been getting platinum rankings for combo while going for beating the level in par time. I skip as many enemies as I can, and will get more points than if I had attacked everyone while grabbing all emblems.

Edited by Tyger7

• 1 month later...

I've played the Hammerhead Noir level like 100 times and for some reason when i get to Hammerhead and fight him when he has the minigun he sees me then after i complete the level without being seen by anyone but him i still dont unlock the achievement is there some way to beat him without being seen at all

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey Tyger - really good guides, I can tell alot of work went into them. I've just started playing thru this game and one thing you might consider mentioning is that for "Missed Me" you can restart your last checkpoint and still get the achievement. I did that with the first Hobgoblin fight (the one you have listed) and it worked.

On the Scorpion collectible guide - Hidden Spider 8/8 - you call out a "giant glove" which should be a "giant globe".

I'll let you know if I run into anything else while I play thru it.

Edited by Scrapdaddy

Hey Tyger - really good guides, I can tell alot of work went into them. I've just started playing thru this game and one thing you might consider mentioning is that for "Missed Me" you can restart your last checkpoint and still get the achievement. I did that with the first Hobgoblin fight (the one you have listed) and it worked.

On the Scorpion collectible guide - Hidden Spider 8/8 - you call out a "giant glove" which should be a "giant globe".

I'll let you know if I run into anything else while I play thru it.

Thanks, have made the corrections!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...