Final boss help

chach7171

Keep your distance and rapid shoot him to build your unlimited bar. Then activate it and beat the crap out of him. Retreat after its gone and rinse and repeat. Try to learn his moves as well.

I registered on this site soley to thank all who contributed on this thread i have been playing the final boss fight for about 2 1/2 hours and thanks to your suggestions i was able to finally kill that awful doppelganger of a boss:woop:

• 2 weeks later...

this is such a joke - ive never died once on my whole normal playthrough, but with the mortal gauge equipped ive died several times in the game (playing on easy ofc).

the more i play this game the more i realize how weak the gameplay actually is...final boss is being ridiculous - when he does his spinning laser thingie and hits me once, it is actually WORSE to do the A-recover-move because i get hit in the AGAIN and die instantly with two hits. other scenario: im laying on the ground, and once i get up his laser INSTANTLY kills me, no chance to evade whatsoever.

also seen several bugs with that last boss, like me doing the B-button reversal, and while Asura is throwing the rock back at him, hes already airborne and doing his move where you have to counter with Y and kills me with it due to me being occupied with that freakin rock.

last time i died was because he threw that rock at me while i was still airborne, recovering from his laser beam and OFC i cant counter while im airborne AAHHHH!Ii3&(/"!§&(!"&§("!

boss-mechanic-wise this game is so wannabe-Ninja Gaiden. the game tries too hard and fails utterly at it...i used to enjoy this game, but it is so cheap at times that it makes me wanna break the disc in two.

One note on the final boss and when he's weak. When he does that move where he charges at you, he will not always open himself up for attack. The battle always starts the same way, he'll charge at you and then if you move out of the way, he charges at you again. If you look closely, you'll see that the second time he charges at you he collapses slightly, and that's when your opening is to start smashing him with B and then Y. If you try and attack him when he hasn't collapsed, he'll just defend.

Later, the same applies. He'll do that charge attack but he won't fall down and leave himself open. Instead, about half the time he does the charge attack he'll follow it by swiping his claws in an arc in front of him, and then as soon as he does that, he leaves himself open.

Basically every other attack can be avoided with RB if you time it right, like the lasers and the circle of fire. It's just about knowing when to attack and when to stay back, the above two instances are the only "safe" times to attack him, aside from counters. So with all that information and a bit of practice on the timing, there's no reason why you should get hit at all.

Most of the final bosses things can be dodged with the RB. When he makes the fire pillars shoot out, you just dodge roll right out of it before it gets to you. Same with when he raises his hands into the air to fire that flame lazor thing u can dodge roll it, except u do need quite a bit of timing on that one. Shooting him does help the gauge but sometimes leaves you wide open to get hit. Wait till he's focused on Yasha and then jump air dash at him and start releasing some pwnage on his face. Just don't stick around long cuz he gets claw attack happy after a sec. I did the boss fight with the invisible gauge and hard mode which was intense, obviously not as bad as the low health one but yeah, just gotta remember ur invincible when it comes to dodge rolling at the right time. ;)

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
*spoiler* as if asking for help on the final boss wasn't warning enough...Ok so me and Yasha are inside of Vlitra and basically fighting the larger Asura lava dude and i cant do a damn thing to get my rage over halfway. This is my first playthrough on the game and i'm on hard difficulty figuring i'd get that outta the way first, and havent had much issue with any other battle but this one. Are there any tips with this because i've tried staying at range and that doesnt work because he doesnt throw enough stuff at me to throw back, getting in tight doesnt work because he decimates me after a couple exchanges too. Could really use a tip what'd you guys do????

Hey yeah i just beat him and also only played through it once on hard, it was a bitch though..... its actually a balance between staying close and getting back. when you are close, to doge use RB and when he is charging for an attack sometimes don't even try attacking if your invisible mode is not charged up. then jump and shoot to charge it up, try hold down B while in the air also it will get you towards him faster as well. and if he sends a wall of lava u know will be followed by beams then rush him, as soon as the beams start jump up and hold B when close follow up with Y and then rapid B. and try to get as many Y while he is down and it pops up.