Windows Phone Easy Games (WP7 & WP8)

XBOX ISAAC82

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
I'm playing Sally's Spa now. It doesn't look easy (need hard mode perfect and 25 served in survival mode). TA score is 772 at the moment.

Not sure about Expert mode yet as I'm not done playing Normal mode, but Survival mode 25 is extremely easy. Just need to use herbal tea very liberally. Just got 41 served in that mode. I could have gone more but there is no achievement beyond 25 so I just kinda killed myself.

Sally's Spa has some known bugs. Achievements that are unlocked in game somehow don't appear in xbox live. This seems to affect various achievements, including completing the game perfectly (note: not expertly, but perfectly) in both normal and hard mode, completing the normal mode story, etc.

Personally I've gotten the bug for completing the normal mode story. Got it and hyper-shopper together one after another, but only hyper-shopper got posted to xbox live.

Avoid this game until they patch (if they do - I sent them a report on twitter earlier).

Sally's Spa has some known bugs. Achievements that are unlocked in game somehow don't appear in xbox live. This seems to affect various achievements, including completing the game perfectly (note: not expertly, but perfectly) in both normal and hard mode, completing the normal mode story, etc.

Personally I've gotten the bug for completing the normal mode story. Got it and hyper-shopper together one after another, but only hyper-shopper got posted to xbox live.

Avoid this game until they patch (if they do - I sent them a report on twitter earlier).

This is a Xbox Live system-wide bug affecting more than one game and more than one achievement. For me, it happened with completing a level using only 1 char & completing second world of Beard & Beaks as well as handing out 24 magazines & perfecting 10 levels in Sally's Spa. Others have mentioned the Story Complete I achievement just as you, Unlock all other achievements in Asphalt 5, Speed Demon achievement in Asphalt 5, achievements in Implode, the list goes on and on and on.

Sally's Spa just had the unfortunate luck to come out when this problem just started occurring on Wednesday so a lot of people are experiencing this issue with Sally's Spa and thinking it is the problem of the game and not Live itself.

This is not to say for 100% sure Sally's Spa doesn't have bugs. It may have bugs but since the achieves pop in the game at the right time with the green notification banner appearing, I have to think it's not a bug with the game.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, well I just completed Splinter Cell, and I have to say it should be on this list. It took my just 5-6 hours to complete it, split over a few play sessions. Even though the guide rates it 5/10, I have to argue that is it either a 3/10 and at the hardest a 4/10. It is IMO easier than Burn the Rope. The hardest difficulty is a joke. Basically you can just run around meleeing everyone, with a few exceptions. There is only a couple of frustrating parts that require multiple tries (sniper part in Middle East level, helicopter part).

Two other things...

1)My suggestion of Gun Bros was ignored, presumedly since you (Isaac) hate Glu :) Regardless it is easy to complete, just 25+ hours time consuming.

2) I am still a little cautious about Asphalt 5. I have seen a lot of folks complain about it being hard. 3/10?

Alright, well I just completed Splinter Cell, and I have to say it should be on this list. It took my just 5-6 hours to complete it, split over a few play sessions. Even though the guide rates it 5/10, I have to argue that is it either a 3/10 and at the hardest a 4/10. It is IMO easier than Burn the Rope. The hardest difficulty is a joke. Basically you can just run around meleeing everyone, with a few exceptions. There is only a couple of frustrating parts that require multiple tries (sniper part in Middle East level, helicopter part).

and..

2) I am still a little cautious about Asphalt 5. I have seen a lot of folks complain about it being hard. 3/10?

I have to agree that Splinter Cell probably should be on the list although I will stick it in on a AD 4/10 due to some bits of the game being quite difficult (or annoying). This brings me to my next point, achievement difficulties. For me when someone writes a guide and puts in a achievement difficulty that rating is completely relative to a players overall skill or that players skill in a particular type of game or even their skill in a single game. Therefore there is always going to be debate about whether the given achievement difficulty is right or not. Although for the purpose of this list and the fact I want everyone to be able to find the games within 'Easy' I will always tend to stay on the higher side of a given difficulty rating. That said even I can get it wrong. I found Asphalt 5 relatively easy and was tempted to put it at 2/10 but I knew some people would find some races quite difficult so I stuck it at a 3/10. Seeing as quite a few people have complained about it being quite difficult I will raise it to a 4/10.

1)My suggestion of Gun Bros was ignored, presumedly since you (Isaac) hate Glu :) Regardless it is easy to complete, just 25+ hours time consuming.

Sorry if you felt I ignored you but that was not the case. However you are pretty accurate about my feelings towards Glu but its more towards how glitchy their games are. So the reason that I will not put Gun Bros on is that I don't want people to come here see this list and start playing a game that they may spend more time trying to get to work then they do playing it or even get so far and then be unable to play it at all no matter how much they try. If they patch it and that patch fixes the issues then by all means it will go in the list.

Edited by XBOX ISAAC82

IDD, keep all glu games off the list, they're all shit and take far too long, when they work at all

i would agree with asphalt 3/10...it may be difficult once or twice, but you have 4 races unlocked at almost all times, only 1 of the 4 will be hard (2 when you're nearly done, but all good upgrades & cars are available then) it is possible that you may need to grind some cash on an easy race to buy the better cars later on, but it is very, very easy to do.

and same goes for splinter cell

only the bomb defusal (shit controls) & helicopter avoiding sections are difficult....oh, and maybe the turret section due to shoddy controls too, rest is far too easy, even on hard

i would agree with asphalt 3/10...it may be difficult once or twice, but you have 4 races unlocked at almost all times, only 1 of the 4 will be hard (2 when you're nearly done, but all good upgrades & cars are available then) it is possible that you may need to grind some cash on an easy race to buy the better cars later on, but it is very, very easy to do.

That's what I thought, even with some of the more difficult races you just upgrade your car until the competition are no competition. So might just leave this on a 3/10 after all.

and same goes for splinter cell

only the bomb defusal (shit controls) & helicopter avoiding sections are difficult....oh, and maybe the turret section due to shoddy controls too, rest is far too easy, even on hard

So would a 3/10 be more accurate in your opinion?

it would for me, but as you've said several times, difficult is subjective, what i find easy others might not, and vice versa

if others dont comment, leave as 4 or whatever you planned it as, i know it's controls weren't great, so maybe that will cause issues for people to say a higher difficulty, but 3 would suffice, i've had more trouble with an easy 1k game over the last month than i had with SC, and that was ranked 3/10

I have to agree that Splinter Cell probably should be on the list although I will stick it in on a AD 4/10 due to some bits of the game being quite difficult (or annoying). This brings me to my next point, achievement difficulties. For me when someone writes a guide and puts in a achievement difficulty that rating is completely relative to a players overall skill or that players skill in a particular type of game or even their skill in a single game. Therefore there is always going to be debate about whether the given achievement difficulty is right or not. Although for the purpose of this list and the fact I want everyone to be able to find the games within 'Easy' I will always tend to stay on the higher side of a given difficulty rating. That said even I can get it wrong. I found Asphalt 5 relatively easy and was tempted to put it at 2/10 but I knew some people would find some races quite difficult so I stuck it at a 3/10. Seeing as quite a few people have complained about it being quite difficult I will raise it to a 4/10.

Yes I agree about difficulty. It is always hard to judge. I figure if most people dont speak up then the difficulty is fine. I always post in the comments below my guides asking for input on difficulty confirmation or complaints. I usually get neither so I just leave the difficulty from my own opinion. The only one I changed was Mirror's Edge, bumped it up to 5/10 from 4/10 because I got one complaint.

When I tried to add some polls about difficulty in the games forums, they got deleted by the mods. I am not sure why they feel a simple poll for each game on difficulty and completion time is such a bad idea. A bad idea is the entire "General Xbox 360" and "General games" forums. Folks make the stupidest threads and get 1000s of responses on "What was your last achievement" and "What is your favorite color". All of the posts are just random responses and there is little point to them and very little actual discussion going on in the threads themselves. End rant.

And I get it as far as Glu games. Havent played any of the 4 without running into a glitch (Glitch Hunter 3D, Glitch Village, Contract Glitcher, and Glitch Bros). I was lucky to complete Bug Village. Gun Bros I am almost there and have not had any game breaking glitches, just takes HOURS. Deer Hunter and Contract Killer both have glitched achievements making 200G unobtainable. So I cant argue your point for not putting any of them on "the" list. Out of them all, Gun Bros is the best however and least likely to not be able to get 200.

Edited by Arsenic 17

This is a Xbox Live system-wide bug affecting more than one game and more than one achievement. For me, it happened with completing a level using only 1 char & completing second world of Beard & Beaks as well as handing out 24 magazines & perfecting 10 levels in Sally's Spa. Others have mentioned the Story Complete I achievement just as you, Unlock all other achievements in Asphalt 5, Speed Demon achievement in Asphalt 5, achievements in Implode, the list goes on and on and on.

Sally's Spa just had the unfortunate luck to come out when this problem just started occurring on Wednesday so a lot of people are experiencing this issue with Sally's Spa and thinking it is the problem of the game and not Live itself.

This is not to say for 100% sure Sally's Spa doesn't have bugs. It may have bugs but since the achieves pop in the game at the right time with the green notification banner appearing, I have to think it's not a bug with the game.

Sally's Spa has one definite glitchy achievement which has nothing to do with the farce the other week. I've "completed" it 3 times and still cannot get Perfect World to unlock even though I've got the required 50 perfects each time. I'm not the only one suffering this problem.

It's not marked on the list as glitchy either Isaac BTW ;)

Sally's Spa has one definite glitchy achievement which has nothing to do with the farce the other week. I've "completed" it 3 times and still cannot get Perfect World to unlock even though I've got the required 50 perfects each time. I'm not the only one suffering this problem.

It's not marked on the list as glitchy either Isaac BTW ;)

It's done now.

So recently I decided it was quite wrong for games to be on this list that I was yet to complete fully (bar the ridiculous hours games). So I began completing games I never got round to finishing but low and behold up pops another GLU game, Guitar Hero 5. I was very eager to complete it fully last weekend but after about 2 hours of playing none of the achievements popped for five staring 4 songs on hard. Eventually I done 7 levels with 5 stars just for the Guitar before giving up. I had a quick read through the forums and it seems it is a known issue (wow, punch the wall annoying) and found out I would probably have to clear (i.e. reinstall) and start again. For that reason I think I have to remove it from the list. So on that note can I just congratulate GLU on their Stella line up of Windows Phones games.

Isaac, what are your thoughts on Little Acorns which you completed? I completed it today. It definitely is not a cake walk, but I could see it fitting in as low as a 4/10. Took me 7 hours total. It was basically 2 hours for each of the first 3 years. Year 4 I actually found very easy, did it in 1 hour. Mostly because the new levels are quite linear in nature and have extremely long speed run times (sometimes I shattered the time by 2 full minutes on my first attempt without really trying).

Edited by Arsenic 17

Isaac, what are your thoughts on Little Acorns which you completed? I completed it today. It definitely is not a cake walk, but I could see it fitting in as low as a 4/10. Took me 7 hours total. It was basically 2 hours for each of the first 3 years. Year 4 I actually found very easy, did it in 1 hour. Mostly because the new levels are quite linear in nature and have extremely long speed run times (sometimes I shattered the time by 2 full minutes on my first attempt without really trying).

Yeah, I would probably stick it in AD of 4/10 but can really see some people struggling with it. There's only 13.6% completion so far but maybe most people just haven't got round to finishing it. What's other peoples thoughts on it?

Yeah, I would probably stick it in AD of 4/10 but can really see some people struggling with it. There's only 13.6% completion so far but maybe most people just haven't got round to finishing it. What's other peoples thoughts on it?

I'd say put it on the list, its not overall too hard and if i can finish it anybody can lol.

The game is extremely simple with only a few speed run levels being difficult. I'd agree with AD of 4/10 or 3/10 and completion time of around 4 hours. I think many people were put off by the achievement syncing issue that happened around launch of Sally's Spa and Little Acorns and that's the reason there are not too many completions on this game.