Nightwing Challenge Guide (Videos)

Drucifer82

Catwoman was bad enough but I am having a nightmare of a time with Nightwing's predator maps on extreme, is it me or are his challenges much harder than the others? In particular End of the Line. For some reason the enemies never seem to behave like they do in the videos. Does anyone know of or have a guranteed to work method for it?

***EDIT***

Haha typical, as soon as I get angry enough to post asking for help I manage to do it on the next attempt!! Just Top of the World Extreme now. :mad:

Edited by Rev0Knuckle

That photo is of the Special Combo Shock Attack (B+A).

Well thanks for the input, but I still can't seem to pull this move off in the game. I actually managed it once, but by accident! By which I mean I did some button pushing combination and it happened. Subsequently I couldn't repeat what I did, so I've not see the Escrima group stun attack again.

I've tried all sorts of moves and every combination of buttons I can, but still nothing. All I can think of is that I must need to get to a critical bonus level to be able to do it, but I get to x20 sometimes and still nothing.

Since I've now completed the game I am at a total loss as to why I can't make this move, but its so annoying as I want to do it to help beat Survival of the fittest which so far I've never got past the final round on.

Anyway if anyone else can shed light on this, I'd be very grateful. I feel I'm missing something obvious!

Ab

It's very weird. I assume you are pressing both buttons at the same time? Not one after the other...failing that maybe you could delete the DLC and download it again.

Wait how do you press both buttons at the same time, with one thumb?

Or do you have to take your left thumb and do it, I didn't think *+* meant simultaneously but one after the other. That isn't an easy move to execute because you stop moving about surely!!!

Ab

You should be able to do both at the same time with your right thumb, it's not too hard even if you press the top half of one and the lower half of the other for B+A. X+A is quite easy as you can cover both with the thumb. Give it a shot and I think you'll be fine.

Ok thanks for the tips it seems I need to get to a combo bonus of +12 or so before it kicks in, so just pressing the buttons beforehand did nothing. I didn't know that and thought the original post is really helpful, it doesn't mention it either.

Anyway thanks for your patience and help - much appreciated.

Ab

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Why is it that combat chal are hard a hell for me. But the predator chal are a walk in the park for me? I can get past 2? in combat chal.

I used to have lots of trouble with the combat challenges as well, in terms of scoring. The best advice (and I can't remember if I read it here or not) I remember reading was to primarily focus on combo continuity versus variety.

As tempting as it is to want to throw in an explosive gel here or caltrops there, just having your multiplier in the 20s/30s/etc will rack up the points.

So that, and use evade when you're "stuck" in a sense - maybe you just finished a beatdown and because of the camera angle you aren't sure where the other enemies are, evade backwards to buy yourself a second or two to plan the next move. Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...