Mission Mode Videos & Help Thread V2.0

Midersaw

wow Okay so I've managed to learn the trap loop in and out of X factor but regardless on the air h tk shot ultra I can not find the sweet spot to connect both the heavy and the shot. The ultra cancel is no problem but spencer is either too high for the air tk shot to connect or flips out.

Yeah I know idiotic question to figure that out but i'll probably do it now that i've posted this lol.:p

Yeah i'm having trouble on the launch--> air H --> air TK shot--> ultra part not the back half my bad for not being clear.

Edited by n33njah
blah

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a vague idea on how to do it, but after I watched the Vesperarcade vid I did it first try. What you want to do, is hit X-Factor right when the first air hyper hits him. Phoenix should immediately drop down to the ground. Wait for Spencer to start falling with hitstun from the effects of the first hyper and when he's about halfway, hit a jumping 236 motion. So basically it's a 2369 followed by the LP. When that hits, connect with the hyper.

Might just be me being a dunce, but I failed Ryu's 10 a good 20 times before I realised this:

Ryu 10: X-factor ONLY when the opponent is hit by the final hit of the Shinku Hadouken, which should send him flying upwards. You will reach the ground before him or along with him and you'll have all the time in the world to jump and do the second hyper to complete this combo. Also, the hitbox for the first Shinku appears to be very small. I suggest hitting it only on the second hit of the airborn Tatsumaki.

Edited by Dennoman

For Iron man 10 - The easiest way I found to get the spacing perfect is to perform one air throw , then do the combo as you normally would.

I have attached a video.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3no9niVXC4Y&feature=BFa&list=UUHqZch09oqPJD2WVV-29fhQ&lf=plcp]Iron Man mission 10 perfect spacing.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

For Phoenix Mission 10 - Method to make Phoenix Mission 10 easier.

Start by using xfactor , I then dash to the opponent 4 times , wait half a sec and do the combo as you normally would.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L35qK7ZqcNs&list=UUHqZch09oqPJD2WVV-29fhQ&index=1&feature=plcp]Phoenix Mission 10 X Factor Trick.mp4 - YouTube[/ame]

PS- these are not my created methods but the methods posted in this thread. I just wanted to show what they look like on video.

Edited by RA1NKING

I completed Shuma, Wolverine and Magneto today. Mental note to write up some notes on their no. 10s.

Magneto 10: so the key is to get a nice and steady rhythm going for the 6 air heavies. After you hit X-factor, be sure to hit H as soon as you can, then alternate between H and the dash button nice and steady. When you get up to 6, it shouldn't be a problem to flight cancel and do the final air H followed by standing S. Also, be sure to remember the tiger knee trick, so make sure the stick motion for the hyper comes out as 62369 (numpad format).

Wolverine 10: only a combination of delaying the final S for the second loop and only leaving the ground for the third loop once Wolverine is standing up properly worked for me to connect the final S for loop 3. After that, the rest of the combo should be pretty cake (again, make sure not to X-factor cancel until after the final hit of the air hyper has hit!). See other tip for that.

Shuma 10: see other tip, but I used a simple tap of 8+H to do the final air grab. Holding up got me in some trouble.

Edited by Dennoman

I'm right there with you king I've taken a couple of days off of mvc cause of work and just not having the desire. And so I popped it in with about 32 missions short and played for 25-35 minutes and nailed several tricky ones and have my own chase whittled down to 16 I believe. Right now it's mag modok x23 and dr. Doom letting me down. I just simply can not get used to the good dr

Thanks bro, ended up finishing the last 20 in a good day's worth of playing. Needless to say, they were the hardest ones BY FAR for me. Here are some more tips:

Morrigan 10: X-factor all the way. It helps to take away the randomness of the air S connecting with the ground S in the last part of the combo as you'll fall down faster and dramatically cut down the frames on the ground S. The only time I haven't managed to hit the ground S is when her air S connected with only 1 hit (should normally connect with 3-4).

Ammy 10: no faffing about with this one, your timing has to be pretty much perfect or not far from it. I think the key to this one is to activate your air hyper as late as you possibly can, so Ammy only just has her paws off the ground. Your sword slashes have to be as low as possible, so practise tapping up and holding H a few times.

Jill 10: for the life of me, I can't tell you how I did this one. It's quite hellish as during Raging Beast, Jill will read 90 per cent of your stick moves as quick dashes. That means it's extremely hard to connect the Flip Kicks and Cartwheel Kicks. I dashed once or twice, but luckily it didn't break the rhythm and I was able to finish the combo. Very stressful and probably my number 2 hardest Mission in the game.

Firebrand 10: the hardest bit of this combo is to activate Luminous Body as low as you possibly can. That means hitting Devil's Claw at the lowest possible point during the jump and cancelling out of it as quickly as you can. Practise this first, then connect with S and you should be able to just barely connect with the ground combo. The rest of the combo shouldn't prove too difficult.

Strider 10: X-factor helps greatly with this combo, so X-factor first and wait a bit so you can easily connect the shot with the wall cling, but run out of it before you need to XFC in the combo itself.

Dr. Doom 10: the main tip I can give everyone for this is to keep everything as low to the ground as you possibly can. When you jump, IMMEDIATELY hit M. Let every M hit twice, it helps to juggle the opponent in the last part of the jump so you can land and do the follow-ups. Combine this with the other tips and this will actually become a surprisingly easy combo despite all its finnicky-looking elements.

Super-Skrull 10: probably my number 3 hardest Mission. Basically let the jumps after the ground S'es go as high as you can, then dash and tap M to immediately connect. Delay the first jump S to easily connect with Stone Smite. The second one is way harder as the opponent will flip out a lot sooner. Jump to about mid-distance, dash and tap M and then the combo. You should only just be clipping the opponent with the j.S, so you will end up on the ground well before they even consider flipping out of it. On the ground, dash back and hold the fully charged flame kick. When it starts to come out, hit 2369L (numpad format, effectively a super jump cancel) and start mashing 214H. Then start tapping L for the Tenderizer and cancel into the Death Penalty at any time during that, it should always connect from what I've seen.

Deadpool 10: X-factor. 'Nuff said I think. This gives you sssssooooo much more leeway to do your dashes after the Quick Works. It also lets the Ninja Gift travel faster so you don't have to worry about the timing on that too much. Just activate when Chun-Li has travelled a small distance after the wall bounce, when she is at the peak of her "jump".

Iron Fist 10: X-factor to the rescue again. It helps to bridge the timing on the j.H and S at the start of the combo and lets you connect with standing H much easier. Ironically, it makes the timing on Twin Snakes into Surging Fist a little bit harder, but that should still not prove too much a problem, especially compared to the time you will waste when trying to connect the first part of the combo without X-factor.

X-23 10: this is it right here. The big daddy, the undisputed #1 hardest Mission in the game for me. All because of this ridiculous 2-frame link of j.L into L Crescent Scythe. X-factor does make this combo a little bit easier because you'll be able to control that jump better. First, jump behind Wesker and do 3 dashes do push him backwards 1 full screen. This is necessary to even connect the L Crescent Scythe in the aformentioned hellish part of the combo, because I noticed I did it in the corner a couple times and it failed to hit for whatever reason. What I inputted for the link was the following: 96.L~3236.L (all in one quick motion). When you finally get the Crescent Scythe to hit, start mashing 236L to get back to the ground. The rest of the combo is self-explanatory but not necessarily a whole lot easier. Just prepare to be swearing up a storm over this one, I know I did. I kept it till the very end and I wish I hadn't.

Firebrand 10: the hardest bit of this combo is to activate Luminous Body as low as you possibly can. That means hitting Devil's Claw at the lowest possible point during the jump and cancelling out of it as quickly as you can. Practise this first, then connect with S and you should be able to just barely connect with the ground combo. The rest of the combo shouldn't prove too difficult.

When you start the mission, just go into flight, and that puts you at a pretty good position to complete the combo. No need to jump and guess how high you should be

Super-Skrull 10: probably my number 3 hardest Mission. Basically let the jumps after the ground S'es go as high as you can, then dash and tap M to immediately connect. Delay the first jump S to easily connect with Stone Smite. The second one is way harder as the opponent will flip out a lot sooner. Jump to about mid-distance, dash and tap M and then the combo. You should only just be clipping the opponent with the j.S, so you will end up on the ground well before they even consider flipping out of it. On the ground, dash back and hold the fully charged flame kick. When it starts to come out, hit 2369L (numpad format, effectively a super jump cancel) and start mashing 214H. Then start tapping L for the Tenderizer and cancel into the Death Penalty at any time during that, it should always connect from what I've seen.

You don't have to super jump cancel the Orbital Grudge. You only need to do so if you want to execute a special move immediately after leaving the ground (like for Skrull's infinite), or if you're trying to cancel a launcher. Also, after inputting the command for Fatal Buster, mash on L for Tenderizer during the animation for Fatal Buster. Sometimes when I didn't mash on L, a light punch would come out before Tenderizer and the combo would drop

Just some tips I thought would also help.

I never got it to come out with a 236L input, only 2369L. I'm sorry but we'll have to agree to disagree on that one :p Just getting to the lowest point of Flight for Firebrand is a really nice tip though :D

Just confirmed this from the Bradygames guide and in training mode with input display, you're quite right: flame kick isn't special or hyper-cancelable, but it is jump cancelable. I have to say this is news to me, I never even realised I was performing a tk orbital grudge when I was doing the mission!

Edited by Didi Mau

Awesome brah. Did you find the Crescent Scythe to connect easier when not in the corner? Also, do you think you could let that pic in your signature link to your YouTube channel? Gotta make sure to sub :)

I actually found it easier in the corner.

Great news is that I finally finished my 480th mission today. 2:40 in the morning and I just did dante's number 10.

I now have my 1000/1000 for umvc3 :-)

Gonna make that video and upload it in the next few days.

Thanks to everyone for all the helpful hints. I really appreciated everyone taking the time to help out.

I know it's not a terribly difficult mission but i've got a tip for Captain America #8, but anyway... The problem I was having with it was that on the 2nd OTG, Chun Li would jump out before the 2nd shield hit because the corner wasn't allowing her to fall far enough back to get hit by the shield on its way back. So really, all you need to do is move her to the left a bit before you start the mission and it makes the 2nd OTG near enough impossible to mess up because she gets knocked back the full length of the screen, and the corner doesn't get in her way.

Also, does anyone have any tips on landing Chris' OTG in his mission 9? I've not once managed to pull it off...

Also, i'm on bang on 400/500 missions right now, instead of asking for easy ones, what missions would people recommend me avoiding? Afterall I do have 20 missions leeway in getting the achievement.

Therein lies the problem though, there's a guide for Ammy #10, which took me 10 minutes max, whereas ammy #9 is the most aswkward thing ever. jump cancelling and a bloody mid air weapon change. My two weaknesses in one combo! I know X-23 10 is mean to be a pain, as is Hawkeye 10 and Sentinel 10...

Oh another question, on Iron Man 10, what could be breaking my combo near the start? I think I keep breaking combo somehow between the air H and the standing S, but i'm not sure because I always complete the combo then cry why I don't see "all missions completed" in big gold letter.

I'm also sat here doing Captain America 9 and every time i get to the end of the combo I do his level 3 hyper instead of Hyper Charging Star, and seem to have committed it to muscle memory -_-

Edit: for Hsien-Ko #10, do it in the corner >_>

Edited by IHeartParamore

Think you might be mashing something that comes out in the air just before you hit the ground? That's the thing about the missions in UMVC3, it doesn't allow any other attacks besides the ones stipulated.

Hawkeye 10 was actually fairly easy for me. Once I started using the dash button (RT default) instead of tapping forward twice, I started eating up dash trials left and right.

I'd skip Ammy's 9th if you've got the 20 leeway, it was definitely one of the most irritating in the game for me. Normally I can understand what I'm doing wrong in a mission to try to trial and error my way through it, but it didn't seem to change a damn thing there which made me paranoid that it was some arbitrary link or assist timing in the middle of nothing rather than doing it fast as possible/peak of jump/simultaneous press/visual aid etc...ended up just inputting the combo for about forty minutes straight whilst trying to keep my attention span awake for the final hits.

And Denno's likely correct on the dashes- if you're using two buttons together rather than a dash button, it's probably registering one input before the other. It fucks me up constantly in this game's mission mode, never had issues with it in the old one.

Edited by Didi Mau

Yeah i've always used RT to dash, because I use the stick instead of the D-Pad as xbox d-pads are crap. I reckon i'm probably starting the animation for an air S just before I hit the ground or something. Ah well, managed to knock out the last 4 Nemesis missions in a grand total of 20 minutes earlier so i'm not doing too bad. Phoenix Wright 9 is giving me heaps of trouble even though his are apparently easy. That said I did #10 in about 3 minutes so I suppose they are. I'm dreading having to learn the Doom air dash combos and just in general Strider. His mission 7 took me 20 minutes...