Out of Time Achievement - Labyrinth of Time

eastx

I'm working on the Labyrinth of Time right now and have a few questions. Rather than using a guide, I've just been going through the Labyrinth repeatedly, completing one extra blue seal each time. So far I've beaten it the following ways:

1. All reds - Got No. 196 - Maximillian (Knight & Red Wizard armor)
  2. Blue, then 7 reds - Got No. 197 - Lust Dagger (Ninja & Black Wizard weapon)
  3. Blue, blue, then 6 reds - Got No. 198 - Golden Staff (White Wizard weapon)
  4. Blue, Blue, blue, then 5 reds - Got No. 200 - Shadow Mask (Ninja helmet)
  5. Blue, Blue, blue, blue, then 4 reds - Got No. 200 - Shadow Mask (Ninja helmet)
  6. Blue, Red, Red, Red, Red, Blue, Blue, Red, Red - Got No. 200 - Shadow Mask (Ninja helmet). Oh god!

My fourth run is where my rewards diverged from the established one in the guides:

1. #196= R, R, R, R, R, R, R (Chronodia in base form)
  2. #197 = B, R, R, R, R, R, R (Chronodia with Lich)
  3. #198 = B, B, R, R, R, R, R (Chronodia with Marilith)
  4. #199 = B, R, R, R, R, R, B, B, R (Chronodia with Kraken)
  5. #200 = B, B, B, R, R, R, R, R (Chronodia with Tiamat)
  6. #201 = B, R, B, B, R, R, R, R, B, R (Lich and Marilith)
  7. #202 = B, B, B, B, B, B, R (Kraken and Tiamat)
  8. #203 = B, B, B, B, B, B, B (surrounded by all Four Fiends, Chaos and miscellaneous weapons)

See, according to the guides, 3 blues followed by all reds should've gotten me form # 199 and a Master Shield. But instead I got 200 and the Shadow Mask.

Any theories why that happened? Is the WP7 version slightly different in which forms you face? And most importantly, if I continue the pattern of adding one blue each time, will I still get to face all the forms? I'm also a little concerned that I haven't seen the futuristic floor variant (where Warmechs can appear) at all yet.

Any help would be appreciated.

Edited by eastx

I just unlocked this and can help. You sort of answered your own question at the top. You did get the right amount of blue seals but in the wrong order. I stuck to the order in the guide and never got an incorrect boss. So if the guide says you get two blue then 5 red and another blue and then more reds, you really should do it in that exact order (unless you feel like going on the path of self discovery and find alternate combos). I teach middle school math and this dungeon has many possible outcomes like a tree diagram when teaching possible outcomes. Your just going down the furthest outside branch, deviating from the path one position with each new step. I have no clue what a full tree would look like for this dungeon and really wouldn't want to seeing as there are at least 7 puzzles/ levels to the tree with a max of 9 in some outcomes. So for just 7 puzzles/ levels of the tree you have 2•2•2•2•2•2•2= 128 different sequences that red seals and blue seals can be in (not including some of the sequences make you keep going). Good luck, the achievement and game wasn't nearly as bad after you figure out how things work. If my spelling is bad its because I'm typing this on my wp7.

I've gotta say, this is completely sucking all of the fun I'm having with this game away. It is so boring and repetitive... I can't even imagine for a second how they thought anyone would enjoy this.

I've been stuck on the Bat-A-Bing challenge all day, because literally every path I work out doesn't take. I've taken to standing in every single spot on the outer edge and letting the bats hit me, just hoping I randomly get lucky. But of course, my time limit has expired so every step I have to fight a random battle that I can't run from because I gave up flee.

Good ol' Squeenix, there's nothing they can't muck up.

I've gotta say, this is completely sucking all of the fun I'm having with this game away. It is so boring and repetitive... I can't even imagine for a second how they thought anyone would enjoy this.

I've been stuck on the Bat-A-Bing challenge all day, because literally every path I work out doesn't take. I've taken to standing in every single spot on the outer edge and letting the bats hit me, just hoping I randomly get lucky. But of course, my time limit has expired so every step I have to fight a random battle that I can't run from because I gave up flee.

Good ol' Squeenix, there's nothing they can't muck up.

Yes, the Labyrinth is extremely boring and repetitive. On the plus side, you'll level up a ton by the end of it!

With Bat-a-bing, twice I've had the solution be on the lower-right side of the room. I do hate the time-consuming puzzles like that.

For my part, I only have 3 runs to go, assuming I mess nothing up! My team was at level 55 when we started and they're all level 80 now. Sadly, I fought the same form of Chronodia 3 times due to some mistakes. Once you mess up the path, it's hard to just quit since you'll lose all the XP, etc. that you earned along the way.

Edited by eastx

The puzzle I hated was the rock puzzle. the one with the pad in the center and touching it would get rid of two rocks. the main reason is the random encounters.

I liked most of them and used the mech one to get my guys to the max level. Stick to the patterns in the guide and you can't go wrong.

The puzzle I hated was the rock puzzle. the one with the pad in the center and touching it would get rid of two rocks. the main reason is the random encounters.

Random encounters make every puzzle less fun. But at least one has a single solution, which is spelled out in Necrolesian's FAQ. For me, the puzzle in which you have to push blocks onto switches while avoiding robots is very unfun due to the random encounters, and Marching Orders (follow a marching formation) was tough thanks to the touch-screen controls and how little time you're given to react.

Marching Orders was the hardest one for me, it's a good thing I only had to play it once. I found my last two runs the easiest since I was going for pretty much all blue seals, did each in under an hour. I'd recommend running away from most battles to save yourself time because the Chronodia was just as easy at level 50 when I started and level 84 when I finished. But if you really want, keep playing til you get the puzzles with Warmech and use that as your power leveling spot.

If you talk about the levels when you have to walk from left to right with the soldiers and then right to left, it was a pain for me too... I have a HTC HD7 and when the time is at 0, the phone lags a lot with the miasm. With that, the touch screen sometimes didn't respond at my commands, so I lost the game and had to restart. It took me 45 minutes like that...

But fortunately, I only had to do it once too...

• 1 month later...

where can I get 4 white robes to cast invisira in chronodia battles? I got 1 in flying fortress but I can't find more. I googled but can't find my answer, tyied a few forums and guides like gamefaqs but i found no answer..

edit:

Found my answer:

You can find the first on the Flying Fortress. The remaining three can be bought on the "Mysidia" level of Whisperwind Cove. One of the many mages on that level will sell them.

Edited by Achiever TM

• 7 months later...