Brass Balls Achievement Strategy Guide

xLCDx

When I press start I cant find the option to disable vita chambers. Somebody help:(

You have to download the bonus DLC content for BioShock in order for the Disable Vita Chamvers to appear as an option in the option menus.

I don't see any DLC for this in the marketplace? Is it just the update when you turn the game on?

The DLC content for BioShock is listed as "Ryan Industries Plasmids and Gene Tonics (FREE, 19.76 MB)". See if that helps. If you scroll through the marketplace slowly, you should be able spot it out.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got the achievement last night. So it would be wise to listen to me whistler.

Well if you didn't get it by having vita chambers on it would be proof, not the other way around. Still haven't finished the game but as Mug said must work anyway. Take so much longer to disable the vita chambers and when stuff don't make sense to me I just can't do it if I'm not 100% sure I have to. Well as I said stay tuned, I will report back when I'm finished with the game, I'm at Point Prometheus now.

I have completed the game now, and as expected the Brass Balls achievement unlocked! I never had the vita chambers turned off! (other then a test in the beginning) So just takes more time to load if you use that option, just remember to load a game after you have died and it will unlock!

NOTE: In order to obtain this achievement you must go to options in the game's menue and turn ON "Disable Vita-Chambers." If you do not do this and die you will spawn in a vita-chamber and HAVE to start the game all over again. Even if you did have a previous save without the death. If you sapwn in a chamber the entire save is messed up and you will have to start over.

Lies, I reloaded my old save and beat the last boss and got it. So you don't have to turn the chambers off and you can use an old save were you never died in.

Lies, I reloaded my old save and beat the last boss and got it. So you don't have to turn the chambers off and you can use an old save were you never died in.

That may be true, but for people like me, it didn't matter. I had to go back through and collect all the tonics/diaries anyhow... so another play through didn't hurt me a bit. But I will tell my brother this who has already gotten 1000 for this game, so he can pick that up as a quick achievement.

You should erase the note about "disable vita chambers" cause is not true you can get the achievement with the vita chambers on, just dont use it. I know cause i didnt disable them and got the achievement.

And did someone actually need help against Atlas??? for me he was the only bad thing about the game, easiest fight ever, killing big daddys in the beggining was way harder.

Can we add to the guide for the new achievement, that it is a good tip to use target dummy when facing ATLAS. This seriously makes ATLAS a hell of a lot easier, because ATLAS and the splicers do not even bother attacking you when the taget dummy is used, allowing you to take loads of health off ATLAS without him or any other enemy attacking you. It really makes it a lot easier.

um i was trying to use your guide for defeating atlas i just couldn't seem to do so i tired random things and then it worked a lot easier. I used the electric gel for the first stage of atlas and then u use it again for the second stage after that you just keep shooting him with your grenade laucher it was a lot easier for me at least.

Spades had a great point that I actually used myself. Because I only harvested 2 little sisters throughout my play through on Hard I had next to no new slots for what the guide calls for. Using the dummy helped immensely when reloading and just playing through overall.

Be aware those that haven't beaten it yet, when you drain Atlas for the final time splicers can still kill you. I found this out the hard way as I was in the middle of draining him but had less than 1/3 of my life left. Needless to say I made sure the next time I drained him for the final time I was full of life.

Why is everybody arguing if you have to turn them off or not? Do it how you want to, you can do it with them on and just don't use them, or you can be extra safe and turn them off. What's the difference?

Because the guide says you MUST and it's not true. And if you turn them off you will get longer loading times.

Loading times is like commercials in movies and series :mad:

• 2 weeks later...

YOU HAVEN'T SCREWED UP YOUR SAVE IF YOU'VE DIED AND RELOADED!

I just got the achievement, and I died and re-loaded many times. You have to have downloaded the 'Ryan Industries Plasmids and Gene Tonics' download from the xbox live marketplace first. Then, before you defeat Fontaine, turn on 'Disable Vita Chambers'. So long as you haven't died and then saved it, this can be done whenever. I turned it on just before I entered the lift to Fontaine and I got the achievement. Huzzah!

hello..i have a problem :confused:

i have just updated the game and in the options menu i don't have that option... to disable..vita chambers...:(

please help...i only need the last ach

is there a problem with my game ? ...

i have just exit the game and in the bottom is says bioshock 1000/1000

that means that i don't have the update right ? how do i start the update again ?:(

do i have to delete all my bioshock save data ? ...

(pardon my bad english)

later edit

i have try this

try clearing the Xbox 360 Hard Drive cache. With the Xbox 360 Hard Drive attached to the console, follow these steps: a. Locate the System section of the Xbox 360 Dashboard. b. Select Memory, select Hard Drive, and then press Y to view the device options screen.c. On the Xbox 360 Controller, press the X button, press the X button again, press the left bumper, press the right bumper, press the X button, and then press the X button again.d. You will be prompted to confirm system maintenance, select Yes by pressing A.
and still...1000/1000

help pls :(

later edit 2

heeee ups my mistake...

i have dld the new update from the addons...sorry :) now its' working i have just read the post of moonhog

It seems that the "Disable Vita-Chambers" option in the options screen is a hit or miss. For whatever reason it was available to me on a game I borrowed from a friend. However, when I gave the game back to him and he started his hard run through it gave no such option he told me.

It seems that the "Disable Vita-Chambers" option in the options screen is a hit or miss. For whatever reason it was available to me on a game I borrowed from a friend. However, when I gave the game back to him and he started his hard run through it gave no such option he told me.

Did you both get the DLC? The disable option is linked to the DLC.

I am going through this and it is hard as hell, at first. when you have no weapons or power ups you are SOL. Now I am on arcadia, have a nice set of weapons, used a PttP to increase my Nade lancher so I can beat down a daddy faster for adam and I am taking photos to get the bounses to kill baddies faster. it looks good from here on out.

im not reading the wwhole thread, but you DONT HAVE TO TURN OFF VITA CHAMBERS! If you respawn at one, just load your previous save. It works. If you say it doesn't, you're lying and you screwed up somewhere or the game bugged. I did it HEAPS of times. It's how I got the achievement so fast.

I'd love to say that is true....but it isn't. I'm pretty pissed right now. I just discovered this thread. I went through the entire game on hardest skill level, saving OFTEN, and the few times I did die, I simply loaded from a previous save, thinking that would be fine since I saved BEFORE I died and went into a Vita-chamber. When I beat the game, all I got was the "GOOD AT THIS" achievement, and did NOT get the "Brass Balls" one. Not a happy man at all.

The first poster is right, this isn't HARD to do, but the fact that some stupid bug like that with the saves is going to make me replay this thing AGAIN, I'm really not happy. Its not the difficulty...its the freakin TIME it takes.

Well....good news now. I read the an above post about that extra content to download from Marketplace for Bioshock. I did that download, went into the game, loaded from my final save on Proving Grounds (right before I went up to Fontaine) and went into OPTIONS and then disabled the Vita Chambers. Saved it one more time, went up, whipped Fontaine, and then I got the achievement.

Weird how you need to either Download that extra content, or turn off the Vita Chambers in the menu (which wasnt an option for me until I downloaded that content) and THEN it works.

Well either way, just got my 1100/1100 so I'm happy again. :)