Brass Balls Achievement Strategy Guide

xLCDx

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you both get the DLC? The disable option is linked to the DLC.

To be totally honest I don't remember if/when I downloaded it whether it was after the first run-through on normal or sometime during the Brass Balls run.

When I brought the game over to my friend the first thing he did while I was there was download the plasmid download and went and bought 1 plasmid (he was 1 shy for the achievement). A couple hours later it was actually his ROOMMATE that started the brass achievement and DIDN'T dl the DLC and HE was the one that couldn't access the Disable Vita-Chambers option.

So there. I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

im embarressed to say this but....

i dont know if i can get this achivement because i cant seem to find the dlc :( if any1 can help me here it would b great as i have already started towards the achievent and i would like to know if i can still get this ach if i download it now?

any help here is appreciated. Thanks :woop:

the dlc is on XBL not as a game update. go to the marketplace then to the game store. then choose the last option "more...", then game add-ons. go to all game add-ons and find bioshock. just download that content they give (Ryan Industries Plasmids and Gene Tonics) thats pretty much it. start the game and go to the options and it should be the second to last choice there. now just choose to disable the vita-chambers

• 2 weeks later...

I just want to add this strategy for fighting Atlas, the final boss. He is so easy beyond belief. You can kill him in only 90 seconds without him even touching you. Doesn't require any plasmids or that you have a lot of upgrades, so if you're doing a speed run through the game this will surely help. Just make sure the required weapons are powered up from power to the people machines. Only use the chemical thrower with electric gel for the first two rounds, then switch to your heat-seeking rpg grenades and electric buck shotgun for the third round. As soon as he comes down at the beginning of the fight, unload on his ass with the electric gel never letting go of the button until his health is gone. He can't move. Repeat for second round (assuming you have full ammo at the beginning). Then for third round just fire all your heat seekers real quick and if you run out, finish up with some quick electric buck shotgun. Beat him so fast it was laughable. The only damage I took was from the security bots shooting at me while I stood there electric gelling his ass. You can basically stand in one spot and barely have to move the entire fight except for third round. I did this on hard for the brass balls achievement!

Word. Just about to start Bioshock again for the 2nd run thru. got all the achieves except the hard playthru and brass balls one. Now, is it THAT much of a pain in the rear to keep reloading saves? does it involve loads of backtracking if you die? i wanna go for the brassballs one but not sure if i can be ringed to keep replaying chunks of levels, also dont really want to skip fights. So basically does using saves rather than vitas cause you THAT much hardship?

Peace out.:ass

No, especially since you know when the hard fights will occur. Saving is your friend, auto save is your friend that has your back when you're an idiot. This game is pretty easy on the hard difficulty, compared to other FPS games. The infinate spawn actually works in your favor if you are good with headshots. The natural camoflauge tonic makes headshots even easier because you can just wait for them to get closer and they aren't attacking you until you take the first shot.

Just finished the game and the "Brass Balls" achy it doesn't really take long and in my mind hard isn't that much different to normal...but thats just me!

Just a little advice when killing atlas.....

When he comes down 1st time use the crossbow and for the remaining times use the exploding buck shots on him, it works a treat!

If you just load your last save it can't be screwed!? It takes longer to have it turned on because you have to go back to the menu and load the game from there (longer load times then). So if you just remember to load a game everytime you "die" it must be ok?

Nope sorry my friend but you have to disable vita chambers or you won't get the achievement

what is the best way to defeat big daddy's without dying on hardest difficulty, i've been playing bull fight with bouncers and that works pretty well, what is the plan for Rosies?

Rosies are a pain if you ask me, but my suggestions are these:

- Learn to catch it's grenades with telekinesis

- hack as many things to help you (turrets, bots, cameras,etc)

- use the bullet that he is weak against (always forget if they are armor piercing or the others:p)

- if you have splicers to help you fight him use them

- if you don't need the ADAM wait a little until you have a better weapon

It's not absolutely true that u have to turn off vita chamber option... fact is i noticed this option NOW, reading the thread...

i simply began the game on hard...later, during playing, i ve read on a website that i have to download addictional content..i ve downloaded it and contiued playing from point i ve paused. and from that point i never modified any options... i died many times and i re loaded game without restarting console... maybe achievement unlock even if u dont download DLC... in fact it s a non sense, because the additional 100 points appear in the list from first day that achievement was released and not after u update game or download DLC

and another thing... it was very easy. i played 7 hours yesterday and 8 today... hardest thing is first big daddy so if u want u can dont kill him... i finished, saving all but last 5 sisters (not harvesting) and hacking all possible turrets and camera s... i used only electroshock, incinerate, and telekinesis... electroshock for turrets and cameras, telekinesis for toggle the electrified rope s, and incinerate for frozen gate's...never used other power against enemies...

i thought it will be very very hard (near impossilbe) but it was easiest than first time i played on hard for the 50GS achievement... i killed last boss using one medipak...

Just finished the game and the "Brass Balls" achy it doesn't really take long and in my mind hard isn't that much different to normal...but thats just me!

Just a little advice when killing atlas.....

When he comes down 1st time use the crossbow and for the remaining times use the exploding buck shots on him, it works a treat!

i simply shooted at him standing near healing point, and moving only a few for avoid his attack... i used all grenade launcher, full of electric gel, and some shotgun for finish him... no telekinesis, no bow, and only one medipak used... too easy...

I have completed the game now, and as expected the Brass Balls achievement unlocked! I never had the vita chambers turned off! (other then a test in the beginning) So just takes more time to load if you use that option, just remember to load a game after you have died and it will unlock!

Thanks that helped because i downloaded the new content twice and i still don't see the turn-off vita chamber options.

I don't have the option to turn off the vita chambers in my menu?

Where and how do i find this.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Before you post a question you should read the thread your posting in, but anyway i'll help you first download the "ryan industries plasmids and gene tonics" from the market place then put bioshock and accept the auto update if you haven't already then the option will show in the start menu almost at the bottom