Achievement Guide

Bishop24

for boosting the 20 quits does work but make sure its a back and forth quiting not just 1 person and it will unlock when your record is 10-10

i dont get it, so u have to win 10 games to get the achievement? cant i just quit out of 20 games and get it?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tips/Strategies for the NBA Live Academy challenges:

I am working on getting some tips/strategies to help you guys out who get stuck on the NBA Live Academy challenges. Should add these later tonight or tomorrow.

Is there any way you could use 2 controllers for the achievements like Live '08?

Edited by Shadownage

Exactly, you can't play just any NBA game. The Rewind Game matchup has to have a significance to it historically. Just keep changing teams until the RB Option lights up and Rewind Game appears on the screen.

i tried lakers and celitics aint work an went through all teams and nothing lights up an i have 365?

i figured out what was wrong about the rewind game i figured let me try an acoount that wasnt my main account with the 365 an stuff got on it with a silver account and i was able to do the rewind games on that screen i signed out an then in on my main account and i was able to play it.

also could you play the spurs vs suns in ranked an get the game of the week achievment? thats the game of the week offline

so all acheieves are unlockable as of now except Cool-off which is still unknown..... i dont have 365 so i dont think i can get it until i buy it... but if anyone with 365 wants to try to get cool off then post on here what happens

Edited by Basic BG

You must play the full Game Of The Week, you cant quit out after 2 minutes, or have your friend quit out after 2 minutes.. so fi your whoopin ass and the guy quits out, tough luck.

Also, I found out why Cool Off won't unlock. If you get the top 10 hot/cold streaks.. the list for cold streaks is exactly the same as the hot streaks..so until updates its not unlockable. We all knew this, but I gave it reason :D

Edited by Smithaveli

I've finished all the academy challenges except quickstrike offense lvl 2 and 3. I end up wasting too much time getting down the court and the quickstrike success rate seems pretty poor in helping me get by the defender quick enough.

Does anyone have any tips on good quickstrike moves to use for this challenge? Or any players that are particularly good to use for the challenge (for O and the CPU D)?

Figures when I finally decide to post, someone else manages to post the question while I'm typing ;)

Edited by EXDS
Edited due to the above post

You must play the full Game Of The Week, you cant quit out after 2 minutes, or have your friend quit out after 2 minutes.. so fi your whoopin ass and the guy quits out, tough luck.

I had that in the guide already before you even said anything. ;)

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/achievements/688/-CMo9w==.jpgCreated a Monster 25 http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/../images/site/gp-g.jpgScore over 60 points with a created player in a solo game vs. the CPU.

To Create a Player go to "Main Menu">"My NBA Live 09">"Creation Zone">"Create Player". You can set your Created Player's attributes to any player in the NBA or you can set your own attributes to him if you want. I would suggest using LeBron James, Kevin Garnett or Kobe Bryant's attributes as those three are three of the best players in the game. You should easily score 60 points in a game. Also set the Difficulty for the game to Difficulty. If you're having trouble scoring 60 points in a game or think you will have trouble scoring 60 points in a game simply make the Quarter Length a few minutes longer.

Second to last sentence says "Set the Difficulty for the game to Difficulty." Just a heads up

:drunk

Whoops! Typo. Just fixed it.

You can switch your characters for those challenges. I found it very annoying to be able to get past the defenders, yet not be able to make the shot because they gave me some sophomore player

For offense, on the LAST level I finally found out that you can flick the RS stick twice in one direction, and you should put your arm against his chest and push him the other way. At one point it looks like your ready to hike a ball and he's the lineman across and to the left of you, but you can blow past him for the 250 points. UNFORTUNATELY, this game likes to allow the defender to teleport infront of you, if he's running beside you, and for some reason all defenders, regardless of if your are holding right trigger to sprint, will always be faster than you. So all you gotta do is quickstrike him once for the points, and then just keep holding the LS at an angle, differing it from NW to SW depending on if you are to close to the top, or too close to the bottom.

You can switch your characters for those challenges. I found it very annoying to be able to get past the defenders, yet not be able to make the shot because they gave me some sophomore player

For offense, on the LAST level I finally found out that you can flick the RS stick twice in one direction, and you should put your arm against his chest and push him the other way. At one point it looks like your ready to hike a ball and he's the lineman across and to the left of you, but you can blow past him for the 250 points. UNFORTUNATELY, this game likes to allow the defender to teleport infront of you, if he's running beside you, and for some reason all defenders, regardless of if your are holding right trigger to sprint, will always be faster than you. So all you gotta do is quickstrike him once for the points, and then just keep holding the LS at an angle, differing it from NW to SW depending on if you are to close to the top, or too close to the bottom.

thanks alot smithaveli, ill have to try that again. i was also having the same "teleporting defender" glitch, anyone else notice this yet?

Found out how to get Cool Off....did it in Be a Pro...Lakers vs. Celtics, do a rewind game from 06/05/08, you'll notice Paul Pierce has a red arrow next to his name and rating...now go back and switch to the Lakers so that you can defend him, make sure to do the rewind game....I just turned rules off and had Radmanovic hold the ball in back court each quarter

Credit goes to TRIGGAZzz

Edited by NUTZILLA313
shout out

I remembered what Basic or beatu told me. Sign out, sign into a silver account gamertag.. then goto the game and you will be able to select rewind. You'll get a message that you have to sing into a live 09 lea dprofile ro whatever, but you can just rpess ok through it. Then when you have the rewind game selected, stay on that screen, press guide button, sign out, and sing back into your account. Then start the game.

Im on my way to being the first to 1k Live 09. 37 minutes to go.