Pearl weapons

plinny1984

Pink are E-Tech weapons. I've personally never found a good E-Tech weapon. They are rare.

E-Tech SMG's are a million times better than any other SMG's you can find. But other than SMG's, you're right, they're all pretty much garbage.

Plus I don't think Pearlescents are coming in later seeing as they use that color drop for quest items in this game.

We didn't really get Pearlescents til the 3rd DLC in BL1, so there is a good chance we'll get some sort of "Above legendary" color/class of gear in the future. But I never really cared for them in the first place, other than to show them off. Most of the gear I used was purple(epic)/orange(legendary). BL2 is a lot like BL1 so far, as in color doesn't necessarily dictate a gears worth. I still have some awesome low level greens, that outshine later blue's and purples. And I have oranges that I just keep on a mule character to show off the pretty colors.

Oranges in this game are as rare as pearls from the first. If they were to add pearls then you would only find one for every 200 hours.

I recently got temp. banned from the gearbox forums for expressing my disapproval over the squishy lil casual gamers bitching about how they don't have a lot of time to play the game, yet want oranges to fill an aircraft carrier.

So Gearbox is considering increasing the drop rates on everything. You can easily get every orange in the game by using the story mode mission exploit so why bitch about wanting better drop rates?