Bitching Thread

Don't get me wrong, I would love the game if it didnt have so many freaking glitches and bugs, but how did Game Informer and xbox magazine worship this game and make it onto every staffs top 10 list. Did they play a version I didn't see. I hit so many glitches, and now that it reset my episode 3, 3 times now because of glitches on the train. I just can't play it a forth time again, which means ill never play epiode 4 and 5. Any ideas if these mags get paid to hype broken games

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never experienced one single gamebreaking glitch or bug, but I was probably just lucky. I will gladly pay more money when season 2 comes out.

This. Knock on wood.

I just finished Episode 3, and I never had a single problem leading up to it or during it. Never reset or anything. I played through Episode 3 fine.

So, for the first 3 chapters so far, I've had absolutely no problems on the disc version of this game.

Dead Island would like to have a word with you.

GOT ME.

But actually, I meant the reviews on this game in particular. What games are reviewed on tend to be a game-by-game thing.

Some games are good enough in every other area to make it easy to overlook the problems.

That said, I've had no problems with this anyway, so I would assume neither did they.

Not too sure actually. No idea why this is GOTY material. I agree the story was engaging and all but every episode had some sort of glitch happen that really took me out of the game. All the choices boil down to one ending, and the way they handled the choices getting tallied up and being sent to the server made my game extremely laggy on top of all the glitches. Decent gameplay, but overall in my opinion this game is HIGHLY overrated.

I just played this game straight through. Picked it up yesterday afternoon from the sale and finished it about 7 am. Aside from some stuttering sound and slow loading toward the end I had no glitch/bug issues. Other than a rather crappy controller layout for the shooting scenes I think this is an excellent game and would highly recommend it.

Not too sure actually. No idea why this is GOTY material. I agree the story was engaging and all but every episode had some sort of glitch happen that really took me out of the game. All the choices boil down to one ending, and the way they handled the choices getting tallied up and being sent to the server made my game extremely laggy on top of all the glitches. Decent gameplay, but overall in my opinion this game is HIGHLY overrated.

It's not really about the ending. It's about how you get there and the emotional drives and how it affects everything leading into the end.

That said, not everybody had these glitches. I certainly haven't yet (entering Ep.5).

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-WfcRj3ZEg1M/T8xfv7A-MkI/AAAAAAAABHU/AGf0od5eSQc/s1600/shut-up-and-take-my-money-9299-2560x1600.jpg

This is how I feel when people talk about this game. It's story telling devices, choices and atmosphere make this one of the best games I have ever played. And I have over 2000 video games.

People like OP make me wonder if people like that know what a glitch in a game really is, or they are just complaining and calling things glitches because something looks odd to them or they don't like the controls. I only played episode 1 (Free version) so far and the only thing I noticed was that when it would change from a cutscene it would pause for maybe half a second.

Nothing gamebreaking or terrible about that to ruin a game. Besides that one little thing that didn't even affect the wonderful experience I had with an emotional episode (just like the show) was truly fantastic.