One thing I don't like about Aftermath

Rapturous Rich

is the inclusion of tanks and choppers on the one map - Markaz Monolith I think?

I was under the impression that in the aftermath of a natural disaster the teams' resources and reinforcements have been drastically downsized, the best vehicle you can get is a suped-up Humvee or Vodnik because everything else is in ruins, a crossbow has been moulded out of wrecked weapons and soldiers have had to reinforce their transport vehicles with what they can find.

What are everyone else's thoughts on this?

What are everyone else's thoughts on this?

I think if there was a major catastrophic event while there was some kind of war going on there would still be functioning equipment and vehicles. There are bases set up close to war zones and I would think they would do what ever is necessary to get instruments of war to the front line so they could win.

It does not bother me, personally I don't like using vehicles on tight maps because taking them out is usually easy and some nice easy points. Also it is only on one map that these vehicles are in play so it is really not a big deal.

well, there were tanks in the singleplayer missions that take place after the earthquake! Maybe IFVs would've been more fitting.

Exactly, and they drove their tank right through a building! IFV's would have been more fitting, in my opinion, Monolith with a BTR would be tits!

I think if there was a major catastrophic event while there was some kind of war going on there would still be functioning equipment and vehicles. There are bases set up close to war zones and I would think they would do what ever is necessary to get instruments of war to the front line so they could win.

It does not bother me, personally I don't like using vehicles on tight maps because taking them out is usually easy and some nice easy points. Also it is only on one map that these vehicles are in play so it is really not a big deal.

Exactly, and they drove their tank right through a building! IFV's would have been more fitting, in my opinion, Monolith with a BTR would be tits!

Yeah, I agree! A BTR and an LAV would've been perfect for Aftermath. Plus, if I recall, wheeled vehicles actually fair better than tracked ones in an environment like the the aftermath of an earthquake. Also, driving a tank through a building is just plain awesome.

Yeah, I agree! A BTR and an LAV would've been perfect for Aftermath. Plus, if I recall, wheeled vehicles actually fair better than tracked ones in an environment like the the aftermath of an earthquake. Also, driving a tank through a building is just plain awesome.

Until the building collapses on top of the tank..

Eh Drew? :p

Would've been cooler if DICE had implemented something akin to Armoured Kill's Gunship where you have to cap a flag to gain access to the armour (ie: hunker down until reinforcements arrive). Or like Wake Island's Airstrip which gives you access to jets.

That actually would be a good idea. Maybe Aftermath should've been the one with the vehicle airdrops.

That is actually one of my top 10 BF3 memories and I almost did it again the other night...

I love driving my Tank through stuff and into shit. It is a fucking Tank and it needs to be driven as such, with little to no regard for anything or anyone.

I have a book of WWII era German armored vehicles and there is actually an old propaganda photo in it of an early production model Tiger I driving right through a nice little French house. The writers noted that, even with the turret and cannon facing the rear of the tank, that this was actually a terrible idea that was very likely to damage the tank and would never be done in real combat. Of course, modern tanks would be far more durable and it still doesn't change the fact that it's just plain awesome.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...