Achievement Guide and Roadmap

BiggD

For any of the man cannon achievements really.

Now They Fly- Stick the driver and get in the passenger seat. Set it off while in the air.

ODST- Stick a person, get into man cannon, set off sticky detonator.

Clay Pigeon- Same as above, but the other person gets into the man cannon.

Special Delivery- Same as Clay Pigeon but follow and set off when they land.

I realize that it's unlikely to get a sticky detonator except through ordinances, but I feel these can be gotten even easier with the sticky detonator.

It's a bit harder to perform all these actions with a Sticky Det., so while it may work in certain situations, I believe that landing on top of an enemy for 'Now They Fly' is the best method and the DMR works best for the other three mentioned. I'm not discouraging your idea, I'm just saying using the Sticky Det. is easier said than done ;)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a bit harder to perform all these actions with a Sticky Det., so while it may work in certain situations, I believe that landing on top of an enemy for 'Now They Fly' is the best method and the DMR works best for the other three mentioned. I'm not discouraging your idea, I'm just saying using the Sticky Det. is easier said than done ;)

Sticky Detonator also has a relatively small time and distance range before it auto-detonates for all the maneuvering that would need to be done.

Sticky Detonator also has a relatively small time and distance range before it auto-detonates for all the maneuvering that would need to be done.

Very true. I would imagine that the passenger would also almost always overshoot the grenade round since he/she would be moving way too fast with the Warthog.

I probably should've mentioned this would be better for boosting. I know it would be hard as hell to get the sticky detonator alone rather than get it AND stick someone in the middle of a firefight.

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but going through 170+ posts is not easy.

Now They Fly? - If an enemy is driving the Warthog, jump into the passenger seat if it's free. You're now free to melee the driver and get a kill. It'll take two melee attacks to kill them.

So hopefully they'll hit a jump, so melee once before the launch and dot he second while mid-air. Achievement unlocked!

Not sure if it's been mentioned, but going through 170+ posts is not easy.

Now They Fly? - If an enemy is driving the Warthog, jump into the passenger seat if it's free. You're now free to melee the driver and get a kill. It'll take two melee attacks to kill them.

So hopefully they'll hit a jump, so melee once before the launch and dot he second while mid-air. Achievement unlocked!

I may have overlooked this if it has been posted before but I will add it in when I get off work. This method seems like it would be extremely luck-based, however :p

I may have overlooked this if it has been posted before but I will add it in when I get off work. This method seems like it would be extremely luck-based, however :p

I done it last night but I was boosting.

I agree it is luck based but there would be a few tactics to get it. Like stalking an enemies base and jump in etc. But it's another method someone could try if the others aren't working.

• 4 weeks later...

I just wanted to follow up on Nozza's advice. I had never thought about trying to get into the passenger seat when an enemy was driving a warthog until I read his post. The tactic definitely works.

It is pretty common for players to try to run you over with a warthog on Wreckage. I have actually used this tactic multiple times and you would be amazed at how oblivious the drivers are to the fact you are sitting next to them.

Cheers for thinking outside the box!

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Halo 4 / DLC: Crimson Map Pack Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Congratulations!

This Achievement Guide and Roadmap has been reviewed by Guide Team Staff member Yunder and has been published as the Official x360a.org Achievement Guide and Roadmap! The link to the Official Guide is here:

Official x360a.org Halo 4 / DLC: Crimson Map Pack Achievement Guide and Roadmap

Please post any updates within the Update: Guides & Roadmaps thread.

Also, please check the Award Tracking: Guides & Roadmaps forum to make sure we are up to date.

You may request for those to be edited/updated within that forum as well.

We look forward to your future submissions!

Thanks, Kairi :)

• 2 weeks later...

One suggestion I can give if you are not boosting "Now They Fly?". If you are playing with someone you know, have them drive and keep going over jumps while you get in the side seat with the Sniper Rifle. Then just let the crazy auto-aim do the rest. This is how I got my achievement while my brother was the driver(and like 10 more snapshots in the side seat).

• 2 weeks later...

]Looking to get Now They Fly, Bigfoot, Clay Pigeon (from Crimson) and Bird of Prey, Flash of Light, Didn't See It Comin', and Pigs Can Fly (Majestic) done today. Will be on all day, and more than willing to help get other achievements done for people.

]Looking to get Now They Fly, Bigfoot, Clay Pigeon (from Crimson) and Bird of Prey, Flash of Light, Didn't See It Comin', and Pigs Can Fly (Majestic) done today. Will be on all day, and more than willing to help get other achievements done for people.

Use the Achievement Trading Thread for that, brah.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 years later...

The rumors are true. If you get just one achievement, the rest for that map pack will be granted to you once you quit and restart the game. They won't pop but they'll be on your list. This is the case for Castle, Crimson, and Majestic. The Bullseye/Champions ones still have to earned individually.

I think this was 343's low key way to apologize for making so many ridiculously exacting achievements that were practically impossible to get organically.