What do you want to see in Mirror's Edge 2?

Dcon6393

I just picked up the first one yesterday and have not been sleeping much since i got it. I think the story was amazing and the gameplay was fun and challenging at the same time.

I would like a few thins to be added/changed

1. Who wouldn't like a map editor in terms of making your own time trial and being able to let other people download it. Oh wait its EA, so the servers will be shut down with a week of release (over exaggerating the facts, but still come on EA).

2. I want a more free approach to the single player story. I think they could do brilliant things with ME2 if it was semi open world, like a hub city where you could free roam and pick out missions to do, with lots of exploration. Then when you pick a mission you go to a specific level for that mission. Maybe that is too ambitious, but i would love to see more freedom.

3. Multiplayer races. Thats it, no other multiplayer component EA. The ghosts were cool, but races against friends would be awesome

So besides seeing the game actually get released because of the back and forth conversation on whether or not it is cancelled, what would you like to see?

• 2 months later...

imagine if it was like burnout paradise.... no limits other than the entire map... doesn't care how you get there as long as you do within the allotted time. that could give people the option of studying the world and finding shortcuts... and maybe incorporate a length for 'time of day' and have security guards in some buildings at certain times of the day. this game has so much potential.

I wouldn't change anything tbh... Just more time trials, ALOT more !

And no MP !

edit: There's one thing I'd like to see changed... Gunplay ! Just sack it and go with hand to hand combat or other runners chasing you. Even then, it shouldn't dominate the game, but serve as an occasional distraction from the free-running. :)

Main thing is that I want the game to be longer. Once you know where to go you can run through the game super fast. Plus, longer campaign = more time trials which, although frustrating, is a lot of fun too.

Different paths to take. The first game was decently large but a lot it was for show. It would be nice to be able to go just about everywhere which would allow us a lot of different paths to get from A to B, not to mention getting us to explore and experiment to find the best path.

I'd also like them to drop the cartoon cutscenes. They're using a new engine which will make the game look even better than the first so it would be great to see them use that for cutscenes.

A race mode. I don't generally care for MP but this game I think could pull it off well.

• 6 months later...
imagine if it was like burnout paradise.... no limits other than the entire map... doesn't care how you get there as long as you do within the allotted time. that could give people the option of studying the world and finding shortcuts... and maybe incorporate a length for 'time of day' and have security guards in some buildings at certain times of the day. this game has so much potential.

OMG I love that! I really hope they do something like this in the next one. I also hope the campaign is a bit longer this time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
I just picked up the first one yesterday and have not been sleeping much since i got it. I think the story was amazing and the gameplay was fun and challenging at the same time.

I would like a few thins to be added/changed

1. Who wouldn't like a map editor in terms of making your own time trial and being able to let other people download it. Oh wait its EA, so the servers will be shut down with a week of release (over exaggerating the facts, but still come on EA).

2. I want a more free approach to the single player story. I think they could do brilliant things with ME2 if it was semi open world, like a hub city where you could free roam and pick out missions to do, with lots of exploration. Then when you pick a mission you go to a specific level for that mission. Maybe that is too ambitious, but i would love to see more freedom.

3. Multiplayer races. Thats it, no other multiplayer component EA. The ghosts were cool, but races against friends would be awesome

So besides seeing the game actually get released because of the back and forth conversation on whether or not it is cancelled, what would you like to see?

I'm looking for gameplay that is less likely to give me a headache and no MP achievements.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 months later...