One Giant Leap - Achievement Guide

hockbird 69

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So do you get this by dying on earth or dying in the moon spawn as I've seen posts saying it's this and that way and I'm a little confused

both ways should work. as long as you are cut off from everyone else. not 100% sure how the earth part works but i still need the achievement so ill find out.

I found an easier way and a totally different way to get this achievement.

I was playing with 4 people and we went to pack a punch. Me and one other guy went down and died in area 51. The other 2 went back to the moon. They finished the round and me and the other guy that died got this achievement after we spawned.

this doesn't work i tried it with a group of 4 at round 15 we went to pack a punch, I died and when I respawned nothing unlocked the proper way to get the achievement is to wait until both tunnels are breached and down your self at spawn or jump off the cliff and when you respawn next round the achievement should unlock

1st i must say i have NOT got this achievement personally but my friend has and he got it whilst i was playing, we went back to pack a punch area and came back to moon, the excavators had breached tunnel 6 and were breaching tunnel 11, NONE OF US BLED OUT at anytime! By this point it was round 12, we went into the dark tunnel area through the first set of doors by m16 and the achievement popped up! Cant really tell you all much more other than it may have been a fluke, none of the other people on the game got the achievement. If anyone knows how to do it properly rather than just guessing let me know plz as we were all a bit baffled by it! Thanks

This is WAY easier than any of this nonsense being spouted about tunnels being blocked off and dying in area 51.

Have 2 friends go as far back as at least the power room (my friend were in the bio dome) after they are there, kill yourself (i just jumped off the cliff at the start.)

Have your friends finish the round and you should respawn outside the power room. achievement unlocked!

edit: "nonsense" is a term directed at the people who made this stupid map, not you guys trying to figure it out ;)

This is WAY easier than any of this nonsense being spouted about tunnels being blocked off and dying in area 51.

Have 2 friends go as far back as at least the power room (my friend were in the bio dome) after they are there, kill yourself (i just jumped off the cliff at the start.)

Have your friends finish the round and you should respawn outside the power room. achievement unlocked!

edit: "nonsense" is a term directed at the people who made this stupid map, not you guys trying to figure it out ;)

Honestly this achievement sounds buggy. Because I have seen 4 different methods now that people claim to have had work. Also your method (not saying it won't work) sounds like the weirdest one yet and confirms my buggy claim. Because in your method your not even doing anything that resembles the achievement requirement (aside from dying and coming back). Edited by GILLHUHN

Honestly this achievement sounds buggy. Because I have seen 4 different methods now that people claim to have had work. Also your method (not saying it won't work) sounds like the weirdest one yet and confirms my buggy claim. Because in your method your not even doing anything that resembles the achievement requirement (aside from dying and coming back).

2 of us jumped off and 2 of use got the achievement. this was when we were goofing off after getting big bang so power was on and everything else. tunnel six was dug into at one point but we hacked it for the egg and 11 started but was not breached.

2 of us jumped off and 2 of use got the achievement. this was when we were goofing off after getting big bang so power was on and everything else. tunnel six was dug into at one point but we hacked it for the egg and 11 started but was not breached.
Just tried it did not work for me :(

You got the achievement while you were making big bang theory?

Argh seems rly confusing.

Maybe you have to put the power on and after that you have to try this strategy out...

we already finished big bang and had all perks and got it. we did not jump off until everyone was in the bio dome and they stayed there until we respawned.

This achievement is confusing. So many theories that might work and some not but for some people they do and some...

The only method that would work correctly is having the 2 excavators breaching tunnel 6 and 11 but sometimes you'll get Biodome instead and then you restart because you don't want to wait until round 20 to have the excavators breaching 6 and 11 finally and you do it all over again until you get 6 and 11 breached and wasted too much time by restarting unless you were lucky and also didn't screw up and die. Then you'd rather do the easier methods that might work for some people but not for you so... duh

If I'd write a book it'd be called 'Trial & Error'.

This is the last achievement i need for 1700 GS...

I guess you have to be "traped" in the spawn area.

That means ,that tunnel 6 and 11 has to be breached by the excavator.

So there would be NO WAY to get to the moon/bio dome area...that means you are traped here.

And the only way to spawn in the moon/bio dome area is ( where all your friends are ) is to die and respawn.

That would make sense to me...somebody got a much better way to get it?

Please share it.

That would make sense to me...somebody got a much better way to get it?

Please share it.

Simple procedure:

1) Unlock rooms up to Biodome.

2) Have teammate(s) in Biodome.

3) Have person(s) going for achievement jump off cliff (in area with Olympia/M14).

4) Have teammate(s) end the Round while in Biodome.

This is what littlejay posted above, just wanted to confirm it and simply it. I was in his game when we did it (I jumped off with him), and the achievement popped for us when the round ended and we spawned in the Biodome.

Pretty sure it was solely based on us dying and respawning on entirely opposite sides of the map.

===

Not really sure what is up with the other methods posted tbh. I originally thought it was about getting downed in Area 51 and getting revived on the Moon, but I tried this in split-screen without success (though split-screen may have been the cause of it not working, worth testing over Xbox Live I suppose). And getting trapped by both excavators sounds like a ridiculous chore that I don't want to go through; afterall, it may be flagged by the same thing as the method above (long respawn distance basically), not necessarily both tunnel excavators being active.

Just use the method described above imo. Should work fine, at least over Xbox Live.

Edited by Veedrock

This is starting to get a little off topic, so I will recap.

1) The excavators must have breached tunnels 11 and 6. (Biodome does not matter)

2) A player has to kill themselves in the receiving area. (Jumping off the cliff works)

3) Stop trying to use Area 51 to get the cheeev. Read the description. You have to be trapped. You are not trapped in area 51.

I'd just like to say that I got the cheevo last night on accident.

For all those having problems with this, it seems you don't need to be in a certain location at all.

Here's what happened when we got it.

1) BioDome and Tunnel 11 were breached while we were camping near Mule Kick.

2) Tunnel six was breached earlier but hacked because we completed the easter egg.( I don't think this matters, but its worth noting.)

3) Two of us died where we were camping during that round, other two survived( obviously :D)

As soon as my teammates spawned, they got the achievement and Nightmare started playing. Next round, we held a crawler and then I died and got it as well. In the end, it sounds like all you need to have is two tunnels breached, and possibly not be in the spawn area when you die. Hope this helps everyone!

Edited by GuerillaTech

Simple procedure:

3) Have person(s) going for achievement jump off cliff (in area with Olympia/M14).

This is what littlejay posted above, just wanted to confirm it and simply it. I was in his game when we did it (I jumped off with him), and the achievement popped for us when the round ended and we spawned in the Biodome.

What? So you got this achievement in Round 3/4????

Is that right? Did you turned the power on?

This is what my group did:

1. We did the Easter egg and completed it, leaving that acheivement the only one me an a friend of mine needed.
  2. We had three people, me, my friend, and another friend of mine who already got it.
  3. Me and the friend who needed it ran to the cliff near the spawn after hearing the second tunnel becoming breached, while my third friend who didn't need it stayed in the Biodome.
  4. My friend in the Biodome left one crawler.
  5. Then, me and my friend who needed it jumped off the cliff, since we couldn't down ourselves with a grenade and there were no zombies with us.
  6. Once we died, my Biodome friend killed the zombie, we re-spawned with him, and we got the acheivement.

Simple procedure:

Pretty sure it was solely based on us dying and respawning on entirely opposite sides of the map.

===

Not really sure what is up with the other methods posted tbh. I originally thought it was about getting downed in Area 51 and getting revived on the Moon, but I tried this in split-screen without success (though split-screen may have been the cause of it not working, worth testing over Xbox Live I suppose). And getting trapped by both excavators sounds like a ridiculous chore that I don't want to go through; afterall, it may be flagged by the same thing as the method above (long respawn distance basically), not necessarily both tunnel excavators being active.

Just use the method described above imo. Should work fine, at least over Xbox Live.

Ok I can not get this achievement for the life of me can someone help me out with it.