99 Red Balloons

Robert-da-pro

Need some help here with my last achievement.. 99 Red Balloons

Magnetar for me is 1 shot kill for watchers.. they will not be in gravity bubble. Got it upgraded max is that the problem or i am doing something wrong here?

I really hope that i must not play that game again trough to get last chapter of Episode 2 for this stupid achievement as i played twice that game and thats inaff for me.

• 4 weeks later...

I deliberately did mine as soon as I got the Magnetar as a weapon - it's actually quite useful as a weapon (especially if 2 enemies get caught in the blast) and can even catch the flying enemies, except the Knight...

Does it destroy all enemies (including the highest level ones) in one blast when fully upgraded? If not, you might have to try the later levels to catch the Gold Sargents and see if that works...

As I've just got the Grease Monkey cheevie, I know a good place to get this cheevie even if fully upgraded.

Play 2.4 (Breaking Camp) on Casual - start with the Magnetar.

Once you've killed the wave of UFOs (and occasional Knights), go to the first set of forces on the ground - the dark grey enemies take 2-3 Magnetar shots before they die, so you can hit them with the shot, immediately switch to your machine gun and kill them, you should be able to kill them in one go like this.

If you find that they're not dieing after the machine gun, then hit them with that for a bit before shooting the Magnetar at them.

I got the cheevie early on, but this SHOULD work for you.

Hope this helps.