xp boosting with Reconnaissance Ribbon

DeadMac

• Replies 880
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what is the best turbo controller to buy that works with anolog stick ?

I use the [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Pad-EX-Turbo-Black/dp/B002LT9PXQ]Horipad EX2[/ame].

a method with great potential. I have yet to try it, a shame I don't own a turbo controller though.

Could any1 confirm yet if difficulty has any influence on the amount of exp you get from this?

I played on casual and got 220k experience in 1h45m, which is more than my 100k per hour estimate.

Edited by vSully

Difficulty won't affect ribbon XP.

I don't have the Friendly Fire Mutator but could an Ink/Incendiary Grenade suicide work? It only costs 1500 to buy back in so you can afford it. Only other method of death I can think of are the Kryll in Bullet Marsh, but idk if the sandbags by the Longshot are sufficient for holding the weapon in place.

I should be able to test this in a while if nobody else gets around to it (can't get to second controller atm), but I figured I'd bring it up in case somebody can try it sooner and/or they also need a workaround to the Mutator.

Edited by Veedrock

do this to get 3rd re-up? maybe.

Hell, I would. It's probably only a matter of time before Epic finds this and decides to make this a one-per-wave ribbon like Combat Engineer.

Trying this on Insane difficulty. Seeing how much of a difference it makes, if any.

Also, woke up this morning to find that the fun had landed weird and was no longer being picked up. Damn! Time to find out how much XP I earned. I hope it didn't happen right after I turned off the TV...

EDIT: Awwww, damn! I only got about 41k of XP. Which suggests it stopped working pretty quickly after I turned off the tv. Damnit!

EDIT 2: I think I figured out the problem. I wasn't in the perfect position in the corner so the gun made a weird bounce and my controller spamming X couldn't pick it up. Fixed! Boosting away!

Edited by xhunterrrr

I don't have the Friendly Fire Mutator but could an Ink/Incendiary Grenade suicide work? It only costs 1500 to buy back in so you can afford it. Only other method of death I can think of are the Kryll in Bullet Marsh, but idk if the sandbags by the Longshot are sufficient for holding the weapon in place.

I should be able to test this in a while if nobody else gets around to it (can't get to second controller atm), but I figured I'd bring it up in case somebody can try it sooner and/or they also need a workaround to the Mutator.

Just bought Ink on Checkout, and downed myself with it. Just bleed out. It worked fine, and you have enough money to buy yourself back in. :) Haven't tried Bulletmarsh, but I figured Checkout would be a better test for you.

Just bought Ink on Checkout, and downed myself with it. Just bleed out. It worked fine, and you have enough money to buy yourself back in. :) Haven't tried Bulletmarsh, but I figured Checkout would be a better test for you.

Thanks for confirming! Just did it myself and its smooth sailing. I don't have a turbo controller but this is still faster than playing out matches!

Anyone know of any other turbo controlers that would work that can be bought at locally, i.e. gamestop, etc?

I have a Street fighter fightstick, but not at home to see it it will work, I doubt it though.

Thanks

I guess nobody knows? Maybe I'll just get the Datel one and hope it works.

Great method, lots of respect for sharing :)

My Hori pad is getting a nice work out now ;) Knew it was worth importing one all the way from America, hell it was worth getting one just to do the spotter onyx and the buttoned up this is just the icing on the cake :D

Thanks again for the share

Item(s) Subtotal: GBP 33.16Shipping & Handling:GBP 23.71

robbing gits lol

If it makes you feel any better, there is a beer I want to try. The beer, however, is £35.00 a bottle (330ml) and shipping is £40.00 to get it to the US from Scotland. That comes out to be about $117.00 for a single bottle of beer. Sigh...